Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 45 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 44 45
addict
addict
Originally Posted by gaymer
Time to bump this. We were told over 2 months ago at Patch 4 release that they improved their coding and programming and would make subsequent patches easier and faster.

Now we wait to see if the time for Patch 5 actually takes longer than Patch 4, which was over 90 days.
I'm expected an 80 day gap before patch 5. On-boarding new employees is promising, but they usually need to be brought up to speed. After patch 5 is a more realistic timeline to see quicker patch releases.

veteran
veteran
There's a lot of activity on steamdb since last week. Not sure it really mean something but to be honnest I expected patch 5 last week.

I hope this one is the one.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
There's a lot of activity on steamdb since last week. Not sure it really mean something but to be honnest I expected patch 5 last week.

I hope this one is the one.
I feel like when people start posting about a lot of activity on steamdb, then the next patch comes out a few weeks afterward. So 3-4 weeks until patch 5!

old hand
old hand
One needs to note that Solasta's full launch is happening at the end of May. Releasing Patch 5 on the same week would be in pretty bad form.

At the same time, Pathfinder WotR Beta phase 2 is happening in a week and a half from now as well. Also releasing a patch on that week would also be in bad form, but it'll affect far less people as only a handful of people such as myself have beta access to begin with. I imagine WotC would actually encourage that kind of thing to kneecap Pathfinder hype, but given that we've had zero word on the patch in general, it's unlikely to be anytime within the next two weeks.

My bet is that if a patch is happening anytime soon, it's either going to be in mid-May or mid-June.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 27/04/21 01:04 AM.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
One needs to note that Solasta's full launch is happening at the end of May. Releasing Patch 5 on the same week would be in pretty bad form.

At the same time, Pathfinder WotR Beta phase 2 is happening in a week and a half from now as well. Also releasing a patch on that week would also be in bad form, but it'll affect far less people as only a handful of people such as myself have beta access to begin with. I imagine WotC would actually encourage that kind of thing to kneecap Pathfinder hype, but given that we've had zero word on the patch in general, it's unlikely to be anytime within the next two weeks.

My bet is that if a patch is happening anytime soon, it's either going to be in mid-May or mid-June.

Patching or Updates to hurt competition is pretty normal behavior. Blizzard has strangled many a game release this way.

veteran
veteran
Why? O_o
If they have something to show, i dont see any reason to keep it for themselves, just bcs "some other game will be showing something" at same time ... :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 27/04/21 08:21 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Why? O_o
If they have something to show, i dont see any reason to keep it for themselves, just bcs "some other game will be showing something" at same time ... :-/

I think it'd mainly to avoid competing or seem like they are competing? Though I think most people wouldn't see it as competing and more like "Woah, more D&D content, woo!"

veteran
veteran
At this point it seems the EA is just there for marketing and creating hype until full release. Whenever things quiet down, they will release a new class to get things going again. Press will write articles, players will start new playthroughs and streamers will stream.

It's smart marketing but I'm disappointed by the complete lack of communication from Larian. Many players are giving well thought out feedback with valid concerns. But it seems like they do what they like (which is mostly Divinity even though this is supposed to be D&D) and have their own internal testing for actual feedback.

The game is mechanically looking to disappoint both DOS fans and D&D fans, and would be interesting to hear which way they are going to salvage the gameplay. Or if it will remain a half baked hybrid to somewhat satisfy as many people as possible, without being great for anyone. Like what happened to Dragon Age, pretty but shallow repetitive gameplay and riding mostly on storytelling and characters. Probably some market research also shows that players who don't care about a mechanical challenge are in the minority and most just want to experience the story. That would explain why AAA games like DA:I play so badly.

I wonder if there will be a backlash if they neuter the D&D gameplay further in the name of video gaming.

veteran
veteran
Time to bump this. We were told over 2 months ago at Patch 4 release that they improved their coding and programming and would make subsequent patches easier and faster.

Now we wait to see if the time for Patch 5 actually takes longer than Patch 4, which was over 90 days.

Where?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

Where?

The guy in the tent at the beginning, if I remember well.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Oh yeah ... that was retorical question ... its on 21:40 i was expecting that when i use specific-time link, it would start play in time ... not from the beginning. -_-
Well, at least im learning here ...

Anyway, it seem to me like he is only talking about making patches smaller, but im kinda missing anything about them being faster or more often. O_o

Originally Posted by CJMPinger
I think it'd mainly to avoid competing or seem like they are competing? Though I think most people wouldn't see it as competing and more like "Woah, more D&D content, woo!"
Well, i gues its matter of point of view, as usualy ...
But i would rather to seem like competing ... than seem like being affraid of competition. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 27/04/21 10:17 PM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
And what's wrong with the story riding on characters and storytelling, exactly?

I suppose I never played tabletop D&D (never had the opportunity) but mucking around with dice, rules and game mechanics is not my favourite thing to do. Yes I'm likely in the minority here, but I personally love this game for its characters, visuals and storytelling. I'm definitely itching for a patch to come out, but it will be ready when it's ready. I'd rather the patch be somewhat polished and not broken.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
Yes I'm likely in the minority here, but I personally love this game for its characters, visuals and storytelling.

I'm all about storytelling and characters in video games, and quality visuals are a nice bonus. I throw mechanics out the nearest window. It would be interesting to see Larian's stats on how many people played DOS2 in the various difficulty modes.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S

Yes I'm likely in the minority here, but I personally love this game for its characters, visuals and storytelling.

I don't think you're in the minority. Plenty of us are here for the story and characters. smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sabra

I don't think you're in the minority. Plenty of us are here for the story and characters. smile

Speak for yourselves.

I'm here for the entertainment value in watching certain people moan, groan and bitch that EA doesn't meet their definition of EA, and that the final game wasn't released 6 months ago.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Anfindel
Speak for yourselves.

I'm here for the entertainment value in watching certain people moan, groan and bitch that EA doesn't meet their definition of EA, and that the final game wasn't released 6 months ago.

Well if we're talking about why we're on the forums, then yes I'm mostly here for the trainwreck lol...

veteran
veteran
Honestly, I don't mind the wait IF they actually give us some of the things we're really out here asking for.

We didn't really ask for druid so much, but we got it. I like druid and all, but it would have been nicer to get things we REALLY asked for.

At the very least, we need more communication from Larian. What are they doing? ARE they really taking out feedback and putting it into the game?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Scribe
Patching or Updates to hurt competition is pretty normal behavior. Blizzard has strangled many a game release this way.

It's one thing for Blizzard to do it to other MMOs.

It's another thing entirely if both games are ultimately derived from the same core franchise. WotC probably wouldn't like that very much, and Larian likely would stay out of Solasta's way as it's being made by a much smaller studio and Larian actually DID contribute to their kickstarter too, so there's that. That, and there's literally no sign of BG3 being fully launched within the next full year (nor should anyone hope for anything sooner), so there's little point to the kneecapping anyway.

Though I imagine WotC would fully encourage something like that for whenever Pathfinder WotR gets released, since it's part of the one property that is in direct competition with DnD. I'm actually 100% expecting a major patch to drop on the same week as WotR's full launch.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 28/04/21 08:48 AM.
addict
addict

I suppose I never played tabletop D&D (never had the opportunity) but mucking around with dice, rules and game mechanics is not my favourite thing to do. Yes I'm likely in the minority here, but I personally love this game for its characters, visuals and storytelling. I'm definitely itching for a patch to come out, but it will be ready when it's ready. I'd rather the patch be somewhat polished and not broken.

I'm with you. If character or story bored I dont care how cool gameplay, I just drop it.

Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
I'm all about storytelling and characters in video games, and quality visuals are a nice bonus. I throw mechanics out the nearest window. It would be interesting to see Larian's stats on how many people played DOS2 in the various difficulty modes.

I'm still trying to finish DOS2 on tactics at least once, but it's very difficult for me, probably because my brain can't think of a way like "take 200 barrels with you" or "wow, can I throw a huge box if use telekinesis". So when I find out here that people carry barrels with them, I just..... O_O what

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
I
old hand
old hand
I
Though I imagine WotC would fully encourage something like that for whenever Pathfinder WotR gets released, since it's part of the one property that is in direct competition with DnD. I'm actually 100% expecting a major patch to drop on the same week as WotR's full launch.

Careful. In that specific competition I fully expect Pathfinder to win.

Page 12 of 45 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard