Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Hi there,

This is a pretty simply question but it's a little hard to explain.

So let's say I make a Cleric - on the hotbar, the spells 'Bless' and 'Cure Light Wounds' have a little '+' sign in the corner of their icons - Now, if I click on one of these spells - a small new window appears, in which I can choose which Bless to cast (or which Cure Light Wounds).

And for the life of me, I cannot close this window which pops up. I swear I've tried pressing every button and combination I can think of, it's driving me potty.

Any help or information would be really appreciated!

Thanks for reading.

veteran
veteran
Usualy all you need is right click ... but sometimes it bug, and you need to restart whole game. :-/
(i mean i dint find anything else that would work)

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 04/05/21 03:48 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Hmm no right-clicking definitely doesn't work - and I've tried restarting the game, and even making a new character and the problem still persists.

Perhaps it's because I've got a mod or two installed, although I don't have many at all - and none that have anything remotely connected to the hotbar/UI. So I'm a bit of a loss!

Last edited by Forechosen; 04/05/21 04:18 PM.
addict
addict
Forechosen, I'm not 100% sure if your problem is what I think it is, so just let me know in case it isn't.

When you have a spell that can be up-casted, after you have clicked on the spell, a pop-up window appear, that lets you choose which level of spell slot to consume to cast the spell.

As far as I know, the spell cannot be "cancelled" at this point.

The two solutions I'm aware of are :
  • Wait a moment. If you don't select a spell level, the pop-up window will disappear (and your command that you want to cast a spell will be dropped).
  • Select a spell level. Then, when you are asked to select a target (including clicking anywhere, for spells without target), you can right-click to cancel.

Previously, the hotbar would have one icon for each spell-slot level of the spell (e.g. one icon for Bless level 1, one icon for Bless level 2). Larian introduced this new up-casting UI with Patch 3. Visibly, this was a quick and "ok the game doesn't crash" job, not a properly done job.

Given that this UI might not be the definitive one (and I certainly hope it won't, because it's still not good), I don't think Larian will bother polishing this.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
Forechosen, I'm not 100% sure if your problem is what I think it is, so just let me know in case it isn't.

When you have a spell that can be up-casted, after you have clicked on the spell, a pop-up window appear, that lets you choose which level of spell slot to consume to cast the spell.

As far as I know, the spell cannot be "cancelled" at this point.

The two solutions I'm aware of are :
  • Wait a moment. If you don't select a spell level, the pop-up window will disappear (and your command that you want to cast a spell will be dropped).
  • Select a spell level. Then, when you are asked to select a target (including clicking anywhere, for spells without target), you can right-click to cancel.

Previously, the hotbar would have one icon for each spell-slot level of the spell (e.g. one icon for Bless level 1, one icon for Bless level 2). Larian introduced this new up-casting UI with Patch 3. Visibly, this was a quick and "ok the game doesn't crash" job, not a properly done job.

Given that this UI might not be the definitive one (and I certainly hope it won't, because it's still not good), I don't think Larian will bother polishing this.

Thank you for the response Drath, but I don't think what you're describing is the problem - let me try and upload a screenshot, if it works, the screenshot is of a brand new character (made after restarting the game) - and the windows to the right, directly over the hotbar, overlaying eachother, are the ones which simply won't go away.

The windows persist after casting the spell, casting an entirely new spell, opening different windows.. well, they seem to persist through everything.

(The large popup, with Cure Wounds displayed, describing the spell, does go away).

[img]https://paste.pics/174bfd117b94f66c76f48e9ef616f07d[/img]

hoping that picture link works!

Last edited by Forechosen; 04/05/21 09:42 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
It sounds like a bug?

I had this issue but not with the spell level window - with the "throw" window. If I didn't choose to throw something, the window just wouldn't close, and sat over the top of my other skills. It did close eventually.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
It sounds like a bug?

I had this issue but not with the spell level window - with the "throw" window. If I didn't choose to throw something, the window just wouldn't close, and sat over the top of my other skills. It did close eventually.

Yeah I'm thinking it's a bug for sure now, I'm going to try reinstalling the mods (I've only got three) and see if that changes anything. Though when you say 'eventually' - what do you mean? Do you mean you mean the windows closed after a few minutes, or that you went back to the game one day and the problem was gone?

addict
addict
Well, then it looks as if it is completely a bug. You shouldn't even have several versions of Bless or Cure Wound at level 1, so it's behaving wrongly at several levels.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
Well, then it looks as if it is completely a bug. You shouldn't even have several versions of Bless or Cure Wound at level 1, so it's behaving wrongly at several levels.

Hmm, aren't they the 'always prepared' spells given by the life domain? That's one version, and then the 'usual cleric' version is the second version?

I could easily be wrong, but I thiiiiink that's the reason isn't it?

veteran
veteran
Yup, that is the reason.

//edit:
And just as i said abowe, sometimes it bugs ...
To me, restart whole game allways worked. O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 05/05/21 09:06 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard