Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hi guys,
I'm coming here for help before all this get me mad. I try to understand how personnal conversations are triggered with each companion. For all I can tell, either it's totally bugued, or these algorithms were written by the most complicated disturbed mind I've ever met (my guess : both.). I played this EA maybe a dozen times and I have seen Shadowheart trying to open the mysterious box only once, Gale tell me about his story only once, Astarion talk about what he will do when free from the tadpole only once, Wyll tell me about Mizora only on 3 or 4 of my runs (let's say one run on two)... I think you can catch the picture!
So, I decided to make an exhaustive amount of try and carefully report every conversation I am able to trigger and the state of my relationship and story progession for each case. If you have any knowledge that can help me, or just want to do some tests of your own and report them here, you are more than welcome!

This is my test form :

Companion: (ex: Shadowheart)
Subject: (ex: Reveal Shar worshipping)
Approval rate: (ex: AVERAGE)
Story progression (a list of all events triggered, ex : [Survive the crash, ressurect Gale, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find abandoned village, find Shar helmet])
Localization : (location name or best : a link on interactive map like https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=57660)
Number of long rest taken : (ex: 3)
Event requiring companion to be in party : (ex: find Shar helmet in abandoned village)
Additional conditions : (ex : success a persuasion test)
Have this companion been dismissed ? (a YES/NO answer)
Story items in companion inventory : (ex: [Mysterious box])

---------------------------------------------------------------- [Results -WIP-]----------------------------------------------------------------

Companion: Astarion

Subject: not at ease by sleeping outside at first night at camp
Approval rate: NEUTRAL
Story progression: Survive the crash, meet talking skeleton
Localization : Long rest camp
Number of long rest taken : 0
Event requiring companion to be in party : none
Additional conditions : none
Have this companion been dismissed ? NO
Story items in companion inventory : none
------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: ask you how you want to be killed when turning into mindflayer
Story progression: Survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove
Number of long rest taken : 1
Subject: tell you what he think about Raphael proposal
Story progression: Survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie
Number of long rest taken : 2
Additional conditions : meet talking skeleton and talk with Nettie seems to be required
Subject: confess being a vampire spawn
Story progression: Survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find abandoned village
Number of long rest taken : 3
Event requiring companion to be in party : find bloodless boar corpse on the road
Additional conditions : success persuasion or intimidation check
Subject: unlock the WTF is a vampire lord really hunting you Astarion dialog option
Story progression: Survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find abandoned village, save some baldur gates lord from fire at Waukeen's Rest and learn that an other was captured by drow, find the Zhentarim and bring them back their lost stuff, meet Karlach and choose to help her, find the hunter at the auntie ethel house
Localization : anywhere
Number of long rest taken : 8
Event requiring companion to be in party : find the hunter at the auntie ethel house
Additional conditions : I guess having him confess to be a vampire spawn is required but not tested

=============================================================================
Companion: Shadowheart

Subject: being suspicious about the other companions
Additional conditions : if Lae'zel have been recruted she will specifically talk about Lae'zel, in the other case she will globally speak about everyone
Subject: is surprised about having no symptom of ceremorphosis
Story progression: Survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove
Subject: tell you what she think about Raphael proposal
Story progression: Survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie
Additional conditions : meet talking skeleton and talk with Nettie seems to be required
Have this companion been dismissed ? YES
Subject: reveal Shar worshipping
Approval rate: AVERAGE
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find abandoned village, find Shar helmet
Localization : abandonned village (https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=57660
Event requiring companion to be in party : find Shar helmet or school diary about missing children in abandoned village
Additional conditions : success a persuasion test
Story items in companion inventory : none (mysterious box wad in mine when scene triggered)
Subject: be catched trying to open the box => do not sucess to trigger it since patch 3, still searching what it needs
Approval rate: ?
Story progression : ?
Localization : long rest camp
Number of long rest taken : ?
Event requiring companion to be in party : ?
Additional conditions : ? (find Githyankis patrol alone is not enough, maybe Shadowheart must be there ? Maybe dismiss her and let her at camp broke the event ? Maybe the mysterious box must be in her inventory when trigerring long rest ? )
Have this companion been dismissed ?
Story items in companion inventory : ?

Companion: Gale

Subject: some depressed discussion in front of campfire
Subject: lecture about ceremorphosis
Subject: brillant resurrection protocol
Event requiring companion to be in party : let him die and resolve the resurection protocol
Additional conditions : resolve the resurection protocol (but you don't have to ressurect him with the high level scroll if you want to keep it for a better use)
Subject: ask if you like the stew and reveal his condition
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find abandoned village
Additional conditions : I suspect approval rate to be AVERAGE to work as I never be able to trigger it with HIGH approval. Ressurect him do not seems to be required.
Subject: Mystra and the weave => known to be a pain in the ass to trigger. Only triggered once on patch 3 for me, do not success to trigger it in Patch 4 despite huge effort
Approval rate: ? (I suspect you broke the thing if you are higher than average or if you do not trigger the "ask if you like the stew and reveal his condition" scene on AVERAGE approval level)
Additional conditions : ? still trying to find what they are. Ressurect him alone is not enough, try to dismiss him is not enough, cheat with approval level lowering it by spying his thoughts do not work

Companion: Lae'zel

Subject: freaking out about not having ceremorphosis symptoms
Subject: tell you what she think about Raphael
Subject: traumatize Zorru
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove
Localization : the grove (https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=53482)
Event requiring companion to be in party : find Zorru in the grove
Additional conditions : none but success investigation and persuasion check (or a tadpole mind reading) will allow you to learn a little more about how she consider your condition.
Subject: Driven mad by the githyankis patrol
Approval rate: ? NEUTRAL
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find abandoned village, find the Githyankis patrol
Localization : moutain pass https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness
Number of long rest taken : 5
Event requiring companion to be in party : find the Githyankis patrol
Additional conditions : None
Have this companion been dismissed YES
Story items in companion inventory : None

Note : Since patch 4, Lae'zel is really often broken after the Githyankis encounter in my runs, react as she never be part of the team everytime I dismiss her and let her at camp

Companion: Wyll

Subject: discussion about not having ceremorphosis symptoms (I do not often have wyll during my scond rest but I think I had this kind of conversation with him)
Subject: tell you what he think about Raphael
Subject: Tell you you are impressive (about your fighting skills)
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, talk to Zevlor and confirm you will help
Event requiring companion to be in party : none (I think this conversation is there whatever you do in the grove but I have a doubt on if having a talk with Zevlor with Wyll in your party is required
Additional conditions : none (maybe agree on killing goblins leader is required, had a doubt on this too).
Subject: React to the broken mindflayer container that stinks
Approval rate: ? AVERAGE
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find a broken container under the bridge that lead to the abandoned village
Localization : near the abandoned village
Number of long rest taken : 4
Event requiring companion to be in party : find a broken container under the bridge that lead to the abandoned village
Subject: Weirdly talk alone
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find a broken container under the bridge that lead to the abandoned village, find abandoned village
Event requiring companion to be in party : none (maybe walking around the abandonned village with him as he talk alone as walking with you but really not sure about that)
Subject: Wyll wants to question a Goblin about Spike
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find a broken container under the bridge that lead to the abandoned village, find abandoned village
Localization : the abandoned village, near the mill where the underdark gnome is kept captive
Event requiring companion to be in party : That part is pretty bugued. You must have Wyll with you for the fight BUUUUUT! He must be hidden when engaging the fight. If not you will not have the scene where Wyll question the goblin leader about Spike if you keep him alive. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT !!! If you keep Wyll hidden when engaging the fight you will not have the scene when he ask you to keep him alive. So, if you want to have the full scene you have to :
1) save your party.
2) engage the fight normally with Wyll at your side that will trigger the encounter scene when he ask you to keep the goblin leader alive
3) reload your save
4) Hide Wyll before getting closer
5) Because Wyll is in your team (even hidden) the fight will be triggered with no conversation at all
6) engage the fight with Wyll hidden
7) use wyll during the fight (you don't need to keep him hidden all along)
8) resolve the fight without killing the goblin leader (knocking him down or let him surrender when his hp growth low, I don't remember well)
9) Allow Wyll to ask his questions. (If you kill the goblin leader I think you can question his corpse with the "talk-to-dead" spell but never tried)
10) Thank Larian for all these impressive work
Additional conditions : Keep the leader alive or (maybe) have the "talk-to-dead" spell
Subject: Flaming fist react to Wyll
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find a broken container under the bridge that lead to the abandoned village, find abandoned village, reach Waukeen's rest
Localization : Waukeen's rest (https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=57633)
Number of long rest taken : 6
Event requiring companion to be in party : Talk to the group of Flaming Fist trying to break the door of the burning building
Subject: How would you torture the Blade of Frontier
Story progression : survive the crash, [... I usually do everything I can do that is not in the underdark on the map before going to goblin camp so "everything else"...], reach the goblin camp, enter in the Selune temple
Localization : Selune temple in Goblin camp (https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=57625)
Number of long rest taken : a lot at this point
Event requiring companion to be in party : Talk to a group of Goblin in Selune temple (dont remember well where they are)
Subject: Question Spike about Mizora
Story progression : survive the crash, [... I usually do everything I can do that is not in the underdark on the map before going to goblin camp so "everything else"...], reach the goblin camp, enter in the Selune temple
Localization : Selune temple in Goblin camp (https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=57625)
Event requiring companion to be in party : Talk to Spike in the torture room

This is still a work in progress thing. I don't have trigger everything, my memory is not perfect, all tests were not Patch 4 tests.... I will keep this up to date, improving details, correcting mistakes throughout my runs. Don't hesitate to share your own experience or bring correction, annotation or comment mine ! Thank you for reading me in any case smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Following, and I agree some things appear out of order and/or are VERY glitchy.

I romanced Astarion on my first playthrough, no problems. I tried to romance Gale on my second playthrough, and couldn't for the life of me trigger the Weave scene because his approval jumped too high too quickly. I made sure to Long Rest a lot while he was at Med/High approval and it STILL didn't work. frown Eventually gave up because it got too annoying loading up saved games over and over and experimenting just to try to get his scene.
I don't understand how Gale is the most-romanced companion according to Larian's data, if his very important Weave scene is so difficult to trigger!

I certainly hope this gets fixed and the companion scenes queue up properly after next patch...

Last edited by Alexandrite; 03/05/21 09:15 PM.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
What an interesting post!

I have also noticed that the triggers are... Inconsistent, at best. I do hope to see Larian address this in one way or another - hopefully already in next patch!

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
Some notes: my party tends to be Lae’zel, Wyll, and Astarion. I rarely swap them out.
I’ve kept this post only to camp scenes, but another day I can list the encounters that cause a “Reaction” from a companion in the field.

Companion: Lae'zel (!), Shadowheart, Gale, Astarion
Subject: Initial Camp Night 1; Cutscene of finding camp location in beginning. You will get shorter or more aloof dialogue with Lae’zel or Astarion if you talk to them last or 2nd to last. Gale is always introspecting no matter what order you talk to him in.
Approval level: Neutral
Story progression: encountered some companions; prior to reaching the Grove
Localization: (Wilderness) https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=53268
Number of long rest taken: 0
Companion: None; Tav
Subject: Solo Initial Camp Night 1; Same as above except that if you have not recruited anyone yet, you get an introspective scene with Tav instead.
Story progression: encountered some companions; prior to reaching the Grove
Localization: (Wilderness) https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=53268
Number of long rest taken: 0
Companion: Lae'zel *, Shadowheart, Gale *, Astarion
Subject: Camp Night 2 (Ceremorphosis) A scene with Gale (mirror image) will play immediately if he is in the party. If he is not, a scene with Lae'zel (inspection) will play immediately if she is in the party. Lae's scene is completely glitched at the moment as of Patch 4, but was present in Patch 3. Afterward, the other companions have something to say about not transforming yet.
Story progression: encountered some companions; prior to reaching the Grove; sometimes completed crypt
Localization: (Wilderness) https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=53317
Number of long rest taken: 1
Additional conditions : from what I can tell, this scene or a similar one will not play without either Gale or Lae’zel recruited

I tend not to have any problems with the first 2 camp scenes, but I always do them before reaching the Grove. The rest of the camp scenes do not trigger at the same times across all of my playthroughs. Some culprits:
  • Zoning – sometimes triggering dialogue seems to only require traveling to a new area where the name pops up on the screen
  • Camp Queue – Currently it feels like scenes that are set to occur after an event will push scenes down the queue so to speak, and require additional camp nights. If two scenes are set to trigger after the same event, one will be overridden.
  • Clearing the Queue – Because of the inconsistency of the triggers or just because you can run through so much of the game while resting very few times, you may need to camp repeatedly to “clear the queue” to get a scene to occur or ensure that it is not overridden.

Subject: Moves Like That
Approval rate: Neutral
Story progression: encountered all companions; entered grove, encountered Zorru, encountered Sazza, encountered Kagha, defeated Harpies
Localization: (Harpy's Nest) https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=54797
Number of long rest taken: 7 (probably triggered by a “zone” change)
Subject: Talking to "Himself"
Approval rate: Neutral
Story progression: encountered all companions; entered grove, encountered Zorru, encountered Sazza, encountered Kagha, defeated Harpies
Localization: (Grove) https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=53969 ; wandering back into grove from harpies to clear the queue
Number of long rest taken: 8 (probably triggered by a “zone” change)
Subject: Dragon’s Breath Brandy
Story progression: This scene occurred for me after the party when it’s clearly intended to occur after the Windmill. May be a scene that pushes other scenes down the queue. I camped not very often in that particular run.
Localization: (zone anywhere)
Number of long rest taken: 7 (requires story progression)
Event requiring companion to be in party : have Wyll in the party while encountering Fezzerk at the Windmill in the Blighted village; in my game, I brought Fezzerk down to low hp to which he surrendered and triggered a conversation. This encounter is still bugged.
Subject: Wyll, Spike, & Mizora
Story progression: Deal with Spike.
Localization: (Goblin Camp) https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=59655
Number of long rest taken: 8 (requires story progression)
Event requiring companion to be in party : have Wyll in the party while encountering Spike
Subject: Possible Field Dialogue - Defeated all Goblin Leaders
Story progression: defeat goblin leaders; wyll says this unprompted when you talk to him at camp
Number of long rest taken: 9

Subject: Camp Night 3 (Star Gazing)
Story progression: encountered some companions; entered grove, encountered Zorru (learning location of gith patrol; used tadpole)
Localization: (Grove) https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=57644
Number of long rest taken: 2

Subject: Camp Night 3 (Tire of Faerun)
Story progression: encountered some companions; entered grove, encountered Zorru (learning location of gith patrol; used tadpole)
Localization: (Grove) https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=57644
Number of long rest taken: 2
Subject: Field Dialogue (Creche Certainty) - this conversation occurs after learning of nettie or halsin; can be held in the field, but will also play at camp if that is the next time you talk to her
Story progression: encountered some companions; entered grove, encountered Zorru (learning location of gith patrol; used tadpole), encountered Wyll (used tadpole)
Localization: (Grove) https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=53969
Number of long rest taken: 3
Subject: (Softer) Camp Night 3 (Moonlight) - same as the prior Camp 3 scene, but with softer initial and final dialogue; This may be the dialogue you get if you talk to her first in Camp 3, but seems bugged.
In a run with her as the only companion, this specific dialogue occurred without issue instead of the other. Seems glitched and occurred 3 camps after the same scene in this multi-companion run. May be a scene that pushes other scenes down the queue.
Story progression: encountered all companions; entered grove, encountered Zorru (learning location of gith patrol, encountered Sazza, encountered Kagha
Localization: (Emerald Grove) https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=57590
Number of long rest taken: 5 (camp 4 and 5 did not have any camp scenes aside from Lae’zel’s field dialogue in camp 4; may have been provoked by a change in “zone” (camping in inner sanctum))
Subject: Field Dialogue (Yet to Find Zorru)
Story progression: ??? (during goblin camp after spike)
I’ve seen players mention that at certain points, Lae’zel will act like she had never been recruited and will disappear from camp only to be found outside of camp. Possibly having to do with dismissing her. This may be related to this bugged dialogue where she acts like we haven’t made the grown man get on his knees years ago.
Number of long rest taken: 6
Have this companion been dismissed ? No. LaeBae never dismissed.
Subject: After Gith Patrol Rage
Approval rate: Medium/High (persuade resolution)
Number of long rest taken: 12
Event requiring companion to be in party : Gith Patrol
Additional conditions : Only requirement is for the queue to be clear. Does not matter what approval you are at or how you resolve it. This scene only occurs the camp immediately following the encounter. If this is the only lead pursued, Raphael’s scene will override this. I also had Wyll’s glitched Windmill/Brandy scene override it. How dare.

Subject: The Voices
Approval rate: –
Story progression: Meet Shadowheart at the Grove and fail or refuse to recruit her. This scene will trigger the 2nd camp night after meeting her at the grove.
Number of long rest taken: 7 (requires story progression; pushes other scenes down the queue)

Subject: Deer Stew/Trust
Approval rate: Medium?
Story progression: usually requires doing some heroic deeds, but this triggered for me in a run at camp 11, which was after the party and immediately after doing the crypt; in his dialogue he only mentioned the Sazza situation; required "clearing the queue" to get
Number of long rest taken: 10 (if you specifically focus on Gale approval, you can get this scene as early as Camp 3)

Multiple Companions

Companion: Lae’zel, Shadowheart, Gale (!), Astarion, Wyll
Subject: Raphael/Devil Deal
Story progression: Pursue a lead on the tadpole. This scene can occur as early as Nettie or as late as the Gith Patrol. You can trigger this after Priestess Gut and the Hag as well. May be a scene that pushes other scenes down the queue or overrides them entirely.
Localization: (Emerald Grove) https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=57592
Number of long rest taken: 6 (requires story progression; this scene will override any other scene that would normally play immediately after an event)
Companion: [Dream Person]
Subject: (where are you whisper)
Story progression: use tadpole on Lae’zel, use tadpole on Wyll
Localization: (Emerald Grove) https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=57590
Number of long rest taken: 5 (could probably be triggered camp 4 if you zone properly)
Companion: [Dream Person], Lae’zel (!), Shadowheart (!), Gale (!), Astarion (!), Wyll (!)
Subject: 1st Tadpole Dream – I call it the “Fever Dream”. The party seems to be showing symptoms of ceremorphosis. If Lae’zel is in the party, she will need to be reasoned with. After sleeping, you will have a dream with the Dream Person.
After waking, you have a full conversation with only one of your companions. Everyone else you talk to afterward will speak to you, but you cannot gives responses to them. The second person you talk to will have a bit more to say than if you talked to them 3rd, 4th, or last. Pick your favorites and Pick your number 1.
Story progression: used tadpole twice (on Lae and Wyll), had the “where are you” whisper during a camp scene, used tadpole two more times (on True Souls and Goblin Guard in Blighted Village)
Localization: https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=54824
Companion: [Dream Person], Lae’zel (!), Shadowheart (!), Gale (!), Astarion (!), Wyll (!)
Subject: 2nd Tadpole Dream
Story progression: [gotta go back and check]
Subject: 3rd Tadpole Dream – Blame; if you have a companion use the tadpole powers, they will fess up to it and the other companions will react and encourage you to stop using the powers (except the one guy).
Story progression: [gotta go back and check]

stranger
stranger
Have the same sad story with dialogue triggers. I only manage to get the "stars" scene on the third night, before Raphael, recruiting Wyll, talking to Nettie and Ethel. Have no idea what really influences the trigger other than meeting with Zorry. Because when i did all the listed above before meeting with Zorry, and then met with him, the dialogue didn't trigger at all. To get the Weave scene I had to get A LOT OF long rests before entering the Druid Grove, other way it never triggered also.

I am not native English speaker, so if you feel pain reading my posts, blame Babylon.
Lots of love <3
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hi guys!

4 more runs later, I have some improvements to share!
Many thanks to @AvatarOfSHODAN, your Zoning and Clearing the Queue tips help me a lot. I successfully trigger new scenes and was able to trigger them again at each new run. The only one I was'nt able to trigger again is the Shadowheart's "be catched trying to open the box" scene.
I don't know if I can edit my first post (I only see "reply" and "quote" options) but anyway, here's my new version of my tests results :

--------------------

Subject: not at ease by sleeping outside at first night at camp
Story progression: Survive the crash
Conditions that kill/break the scene : enter the grove or recruiting Wyll will directly trigger the second night scene
Subject: ask you how you want to be killed when turning into mindflayer
Story progression: Survive the crash, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove
Additional conditions : Must have resolved Zevlor and Aradin's fight
Subject: Stars are beatifull
Story progression: Survive the crash, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, agree to help zevlor, save sazza, save arabella, support Lae'zel when
she intimidated Zorry
Event requiring companion to be in party : none (but he has a funny intervention during Zorry intimidation)
Additional conditions : Triggered an 100% times if long rest is taken right after Zorry scene with no other scene in queue
Subject: confess being a vampire spawn
Story progression: Survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find abandoned village
Event requiring companion to be in party : find bloodless boar corpse on the road
Additional conditions : success persuasion or intimidation check
Subject: unlock the WTF is a vampire lord really hunting you Astarion dialog option
Story progression: Survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find abandoned village, save some baldur gates lord from fire at Waukeen's Rest and learn that an other was captured by drow, find the Zhentarim and bring them back their lost stuff, meet Karlach and choose to help her, find the hunter at the auntie ethel house
Number of long rest taken : 8
Event requiring companion to be in party : find the hunter at the auntie ethel house
Additional conditions : I guess having him confess to be a vampire spawn is required but not tested
Subject: reading necromancie book
Approval rate: HIGH
Story progression: Survive the crash, meet talking skeleton,
intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel,
find the grove,
save arabella,
have a talk with Nettie,
find abandoned village,
save some baldur gates lord from fire at Waukeen's Rest and learn that an other was captured by drow,
find the Zhentarim and bring them back their lost stuff,
meet Karlach and choose to help her,
find the hunter at the auntie ethel house
kill auntie ethel
find goblin camps
Number of long rest taken : 13
Event requiring companion to be in party : None
Additional conditions : Unlocked and gave him the necromancie book

Subject: being suspicious about the other companions
Additional conditions : if Lae'zel have been recruted she will specifically talk about Lae'zel, in the other case she will globally speak about everyone
Conditions that kill/break the scene : enter the grove or recruiting Wyll will directly trigger the second night scene
Story items in companion inventory : Mysterious box
Subject: is surprised about having no symptom of ceremorphosis
Story progression: Survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save Sazza
Subject: What she'll do if get rid off tadpole
Story progression: Survive the crash, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, agree to help zevlor, save sazza, save arabella, support Lae'zel when
she intimidated Zorry, learn about goblin priestess impressive Booyagh from Sazza
Number of long rest taken : 7
Additional conditions : Talk with Sazza and learn about the goblin priestess impressive booyagh (Shadowheart was in party and react) AND made a location change (I enter and go outside druid temple) once
Subject: tell you what she think about Raphael proposal
Subject: reveal Shar worshipping
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find abandoned village, find Shar helmet
Localization : abandonned village (https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=57660
Event requiring companion to be in party : find Shar helmet or school diary about missing children in abandoned village or find Selune treasure in the owlbear lair
Story items in companion inventory : none (mysterious box wad in mine when scene triggered)
Subject: is afraid about her mysterious glowing power
Story progression :
find the grove,
save arabella,
have a talk with Nettie,
find abandoned village,
save some baldur gates lord from fire at Waukeen's Rest and learn that an other was captured by drow,
find the Zhentarim and bring them back their lost stuff,
meet Karlach and choose to help her,
find the hunter at the auntie ethel house
kill auntie ethel
find goblin camps
enter in Selune temple (https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=57625)
Event requiring companion to be in party : enter in Selune temple with SH in party and long rest
Story items in companion inventory : mysterious box
Subject: be catched trying to open the box => do not sucess to trigger it since patch 3, still searching what it needs
Approval rate: ?
Additional conditions : ? (try to find Githyankis patrol with SH in party => Do not work. Try to not dismiss her and keep the mysterious box in her inventory => Do not work.

Subject: some depressed discussion in front of campfire
Subject: lecture about ceremorphosis
Story progression: Survive the crash, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove
Subject: brillant resurrection protocol
Event requiring companion to be in party : let him die and resolve the resurection protocol
Additional conditions : resolve the resurection protocol (but you don't have to ressurect him with the high level scroll if you want to keep it for a better use)
Subject: ask if you like the stew and reveal his condition
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find abandoned village
Additional conditions :
(1) Approval rate have to be AVERAGE.
(2) All previous scenes must have been played
(3) You must have done some things that Gale approve whith a scene like:
- Resolve peacefully Aradin and Zevlor argument
- agree to help tiefflin when talking to Zevlor
- save sazza
- save the tiefflin children from harpies
(4) Go to long rest as soon as the average approval lever is reached
(5) Avoid everything that trigger other camp scene, especially
- Do NOT talk to Zorru
- Save Sazza but do NOT talk to sazza
- Do NOT recruit Wyll
- Do NOT talk to Kahga
- Do NOT talk to Nettie
Subject: Mystra and the weave
Story progression :
survive the crash,
meet talking skeleton,
find the grove,
save Sazza
save arabella
Additional conditions :
(1) Approval rate have to be HIGH.
(2) All previous scenes must have been played
(3) Moving from a location to an other is required (enter and quit druids temple work well).
In my experience, save Arabella to improve approval rate from AVERAGE to HIGH, go outside and talk to her parents work every time
(4) Go to long rest as soon as the high approval lever is reached and step (3) is done
(5) Avoid everything that trigger other camp scene, especially
- Do NOT talk to Zorru
- Save Sazza but do NOT talk to sazza
- Do NOT recruit Wyll
- Save Arabella but do NOT talk to Kahga
- Do NOT talk to Nettie
Have this companion been dismissed NO
Subject: Khat-Tsjin Deth-Thra!
Approval rate: ? Exceptionnal
Story progression : survive the crash,
meet talking skeleton,
find the grove,
save sazza
save arabella,
have a talk with Nettie,
meet Raphael
find abandoned village
let Wyll ask questions to Goblin leader,
Meet Karlach and kill devil worshippers,
Give to Gale some magic artefacts (magic bottle)
find the Zhentarim and kill them
Number of long rest taken : 11
Additional conditions : The wave scene were triggered

Subject: Make a scene because you DARE want to sleep at the end of the day
Subject: freaking out about not having ceremorphosis symptoms
=> Since patch 4 broken in my game (sound is here but no images)
Subject: missing K'liir and fighting in the Tears
she intimidated Zorry
Additional conditions : Triggered an 100% times if long rest is taken right after Zorry scene with no other scene in queue (had it at the same time that the Astarion's Stars scene)
Subject: tell you what she think about Raphael
Subject: traumatize Zorru
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove
Localization : the grove (https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=53482)
Event requiring companion to be in party : find Zorru in the grove
Additional conditions : none but success investigation and persuasion check (or a tadpole mind reading) will allow you to learn a little more about how she consider your condition.
Subject: Driven mad by the githyankis patrol
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find abandoned village, find the Githyankis patrol
Localization : moutain pass https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness
Event requiring companion to be in party : find the Githyankis patrol

Note : Since patch 4, Lae'zel is really often broken after the Githyankis encounter in my runs, react as she never be part of the team everytime I dismiss her and let her at camp

Subject: discussion about not having ceremorphosis symptoms [x] -> not triggered on second rest with everyone else, maybe I dreamed it
Subject: tell you what he think about Raphael
Subject: Tell you you are impressive (about your fighting skills)
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, talk to Zevlor and confirm you will help
Event requiring companion to be in party : none (I think this conversation is there whatever you do in the grove but I have a doubt on if having a talk with Zevlor with Wyll in your party is required
Additional conditions : none (maybe agree on killing goblins leader is required, had a doubt on this too).
Subject: React to the broken mindflayer container that stinks
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find a broken container under the bridge that lead to the abandoned village
Localization : near the abandoned village
Event requiring companion to be in party : find a broken container under the bridge that lead to the abandoned village
Subject: Weirdly talk alone
Subject: Tell you how he lost his eye and to not kill all goblins
Localization : abandoned village, near school
Event requiring companion to be in party : Walk in abandoned village near the destroyed school
Subject: Wyll wants to question a Goblin about Spike
Localization : the abandoned village, near the mill where the underdark gnome is kept captive
Event requiring companion to be in party : That part is pretty bugued. You must have Wyll with you for the fight BUUUUUT! He must be hidden when engaging the fight. If not you will not have the scene where Wyll question the goblin leader about Spike if you keep him alive. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT !!! If you keep Wyll hidden when engaging the fight you will not have the scene when he ask you to keep him alive. So, if you want to have the full scene you have to :
6) engage the fight with Wyll
7) use wyll during the fight
8) resolve the fight without killing the goblin leader (knocking him down or let him surrender when his hp growth low, I don't remember well)
9) Allow Wyll to ask his questions. (If you kill the goblin leader I think you can question his corpse with the "talk-to-dead" spell)
Additional conditions : Keep the leader alive or (maybe) have the "talk-to-dead" spell
Subject: Drink brandy and first talk about Spike
Approval rate: ? HIGH
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find a broken container under the bridge that lead to the abandoned village, find abandoned village, ask questions to goblins near the mill
Number of long rest taken : 7
Additional conditions : Need some long rest or move from a zone to another
Subject: Flaming fist react to Wyll
Story progression : survive the crash, meet talking skeleton, intimidate tiefflins and free Lae'zel, find the grove, save arabella, have a talk with Nettie, find a broken container under the bridge that lead to the abandoned village, find abandoned village, reach Waukeen's rest
Localization : Waukeen's rest (https://mapgenie.io/baldurs-gate-3/maps/wilderness?locationIds=57633)
Number of long rest taken : 6
Event requiring companion to be in party : Talk to the group of Flaming Fist trying to break the door of the burning building
Subject: How would you torture the Blade of Frontier
Event requiring companion to be in party : Talk to a group of Goblin in Selune temple (dont remember well where they are)
Subject: Question Spike about Mizora
Event requiring companion to be in party : Talk to Spike in the torture room
Subject: Who is Mizora, he tells you about his story
Approval rate: ? EXCEPTIONNAL
Additional conditions : Talk to Spike in the torture room and learn where is Mizora (Intimidation or persuasion check)

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Great list.

About Shadowheart playing with the box: I've managed to trigger it in every one of my playthroughs (so like 4 full playthroughs), but it always comes very late. My typical route is to clear the Underdark before killing off Ethel. I've never gotten the scene before completing some or all of the Underdark. Perhaps it's been moved from patch 3 so that it comes later (and thus foreshadows a certain spoilery scene)?

Last edited by Sabra; 26/05/21 06:32 PM.
A
veteran
veteran
A
I must admit that I fail to see any reason for doing such a list.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Some people have had difficulty triggering certain scenes that they want to have, so having this kind of list gives insight into what events were involved in triggering them and which events possibly overrided the desired event. I've had to use guides to trigger certain scenes, which is frustrating. :\

The companion conversation triggers seem pretty odd at times. It's good to share what the triggers are - especially if some of us are replaying the game a million times anyway. Might as well share.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard