Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
well I've been pretty patient. What next will we get an update where two words changed or maybe in the subtitles we could play "spot the new fullstop" with a prize of your money back. Its been months now, my patience has well and truly run out. Funny how Jess never has anything to say about it isn't it. Read the latest news you've got to be joking.

veteran
veteran
Looks like they're working on another hotfix for patch 4.

They should really communicate a bit more with us.
It's really frustrating to be hyped by this game and its EA. "Here's your patch, enjoy ! See you in 3 monthes".

Last edited by Maximuuus; 01/05/21 07:34 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kerro
well I've been pretty patient. What next will we get an update where two words changed or maybe in the subtitles we could play "spot the new fullstop" with a prize of your money back. Its been months now, my patience has well and truly run out. Funny how Jess never has anything to say about it isn't it. Read the latest news you've got to be joking.

Or you can just wait release, just... well, for example. I want a big patch as much as you do, but Larian doesn't really must to add something 'big' every time. They didn't even promise us that.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
apprentice
apprentice
Agreed. As much as I'd love an update, I'd also much rather it be a good update. I just want a great game in the Forgottn Realms setting that a lot of thought and effort went into than just a game set in FR. And a game I had some small part in? Even better. I have set this game aside for now as I can't play it over and over, feeling I've found all the bugs I can; but as soon as the next update shows (presuming I'm not playing Mass Effect LE) I'm here.

veteran
veteran
I do sometimes wonder if dice rolling is glitchy. On moe then one occasion I had to replay whole sections because of save game glitch. I wanted to make sure I redid everything exactly so I had the same dialogue results.

Man. Some dialogues I had to save scum the heck out of them just to get the same results I had before.

That said, I know in true RPG's that's sometimes how it goes. Some sessions you just seem cursed by bad dice and others, using the same dice you roll natural 20s constantly. So, it can happen.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by GM4Him
I do sometimes wonder if dice rolling is glitchy. On moe then one occasion I had to replay whole sections because of save game glitch. I wanted to make sure I redid everything exactly so I had the same dialogue results.

Man. Some dialogues I had to save scum the heck out of them just to get the same results I had before.

That said, I know in true RPG's that's sometimes how it goes. Some sessions you just seem cursed by bad dice and others, using the same dice you roll natural 20s constantly. So, it can happen.

Rolling glitchy? Oh, for sure! It's Early Access, there are glitches we don't even notice as players.

Umm... yeah, sorry that's all I got. wink

I agree that it's the lack of communication that annoys me. Even if they said something like "Hey folks, we are at the pub having a pint discussing game parameters" it would be at least something. It doesn't have to be serious even, a little comic relief acknowledging the fan base would be a welcome distraction.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Aazo
I agree that it's the lack of communication that annoys me. Even if they said something like "Hey folks, we are at the pub having a pint discussing game parameters" it would be at least something. It doesn't have to be serious even, a little comic relief acknowledging the fan base would be a welcome distraction.

Yeah but... if there's nothing to communicate, you can't blame them. Know why? Because the moment they start doing what you're suggesting, a new contingent of players as big as the one asking for more communication, is gonna start criticizing and bitching about the fact that they are wasting their time with pointless posts, and unnecessary communication. Point is, people are always unhappy with what they got.

Personally, all these requests for more communication denote a need for hand-holding. It's EA, people, and the way they coimmunicate is just fine. An announcement post a few days before a new patch, followed by the official post of a new patch, and a few replies explaining things and some trouble shooting.

If a person doesn't have enough patience to wait this out, and with the way Larian shares info, then Early Access With Larian Studios games is not for you. Wait for the oficial release of the game. In the meantime, let's stop criticizing the monumental feat it is to make this game.

Last edited by MarcoNeves; 06/05/21 09:00 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
OK, I just bought a new monitor--a 43" DisplayHDR 1000-certified Philips that I run via DP 1.4, and I must say that BG3 has never looked so good! You guys have done a super job with your HDR support--it is incredibly immersive--likely the best HDR support in any game I own. Thank you very much--it's difficult to characterize just how much it improves the realism and the immersion in the game--my new monitor and my AMD 50th Ann Ed. 5700XT thank you! At 4k the game is simply gorgeous--better even than in WCG SDR!

Couple of minor observations that I am sure you know about:

*1) It's a bit immersion-breaking when a person in the party walks right through another party member

*2) A real immersion-breaker is the way the party-member's boots turn red when walking through ankle deep water. The water is plainly visible on screen, and the sounds of the water sloshing when walking through it are unmistakable. So why the "red boot" Treatment?--it's completely immersion breaking for the simple fact that no one's shoes turn red on contact with water. Perhaps they should turn dark red when running through swaths of blood--but that's about it, imo.

*3) I've seen great improvement in the expressions the main character wears on his face when various events confront him--it's far better than it was prior to the last patch(es). There is still some work to be done there, in making his facial expressions equally expressive as the faces worn by the party NPCs--but the progress is evident.

*4) The entire "camping" experience seems way out of joint since there appears to be no way to get there on foot, and the game offers no experience of the initial discovery of the camping area and the decision to make it a camp in the first place. As well, there should be some sort of mechanism the party members possess individually that allows them to teleport to the camping area and then return to the spot the last vacated when deciding to teleport to camp to sleep. Maybe some sort of totem or token or charm carried in inventory and given to players who join the party as they join the party. This would also help explain how new Party members know how to get to the camp when told to go there and wait, etc.

That's about it, for now...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Originally Posted by Aazo

Yeah but... if there's nothing to communicate, you can't blame them. Know why? Because the moment they start doing what you're suggesting, a new contingent of players as big as the one asking for more communication, is gonna start criticizing and bitching about the fact that they are wasting their time with pointless posts, and unnecessary communication. Point is, people are always unhappy with what they got.

Personally, all these requests for more communication denote a need for hand-holding. It's EA, people, and the way they coimmunicate is just fine. An announcement post a few days before a new patch, followed by the official post of a new patch, and a few replies explaining things and some trouble shooting.

If a person doesn't have enough patience to wait this out, and with the way Larian shares info, then Early Access With Larian Studios games is not for you. Wait for the oficial release of the game. In the meantime, let's stop criticizing the monumental feat it is to make this game.

But they could do something like Weekly recaps, show something that they've been working on that isn't complete. They really could tease new companions to gauge our reactions, make polls here and elsewhere to get our opinions, overall I think they actually have a LOT that they could communicate on.

veteran
veteran
There are tons of things they could communicate about.

- Spells they plan to add
- The classes they're working on
- They could probably share some data
- A short "interview" of an employee every week / two weeks in which he talk a bit about what he's working on (IA, UI, map design, Idk) / what he like in his job, what's his greatest challenge, what he like the most in BG3,...
- Polls about anything - even "useless" things like "What class are you waiting the most ?"
- Some of them could talk a bit with us here, answering what they want and ignoring what they can't talk about
- What they're working on / a few visual / artwork for the next acts or the followings of act 1
- What's intended/what is a bug / known issues.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/05/21 08:28 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
Ugh... none of you have ever run a company or a business, have you? This is pointless.

veteran
veteran
Ugh... none of you have ever run a company or a business, have you? This is pointless.

I have, actually, and one very important rule is to communicate with your customers. You want your customers to feel engaged. You don't want them to feel like you don't care.

It is the PR person's job to try to communicate decisions the company is making to customers. It is their job to ensure that the reasoning behind decisions is clearly explained so that customers understand why they made the decisions they made. Even if some customers don't like the decisions, the PR person at least tells them why the company made their choice.

Example: Larian decides to chuck sex scenes. PR person says, "Sorry people, but for the sake of increasing the game's marketing potential, I know you might not like it, but we're removing the sex scenes from the game to appeal to a wider audience. We've done some data mining and discovered that RPGs that have no sexual content sell 57% more copies than games that do. We also found there would be more of an interest in the game if we did this. So, unfortunately we have decided that's the direction we're going."

People might not like it, but they would understand more and have more respect for a company communicating these things and letting them know why with solid reasoning.

Or say it's, "We're not going to implement Hard Core 5e ruleset. Period. We have decided against it because there are certain game design elements later in Act 2 and 3 that 5e just kills. We have some cool things planned, so please just trust us. This game is gonna be even more awesome later. However, I will tell you that we are working on the balance issues you brought up as far as backstab and high ground. So just wanted to let you know, we are considering what you are suggesting. Our problem with not including it is the game becomes too hard. So we don't want to lose new players. Still, we get that it is a gimmick and it makes the game too easy for players who realize those mechanics exist."

Last edited by GM4Him; 07/05/21 03:38 AM.
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
What everybody needs to realise is this game is as dead as month old fish, probably 3 months old fish in this instance. When was the last time Jess or Dom bothered to even answer a question? Months ago. We don't even see any of the staff masquerading as posters much anymore. There is nothing to communicate bacause there is nothing. I've participated in many EA games before and a few of them have gone like this, it usually means you'll never see the game this is all there is. Anyway I suggest to you all uninstall the small part of the game you have and make room for Mass Effect Legendary edition it promises to be good and unilike this it will be released.

enthusiast
enthusiast
When was the last time Jess or Dom bothered to even answer a question? Months ago. We don't even see any of the staff masquerading as posters much anymore.

Jess has answered questions in the Support forum just this week.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
When was the last time Jess or Dom bothered to even answer a question? Months ago. We don't even see any of the staff masquerading as posters much anymore.

Jess has answered questions in the Support forum just this week.

I know, right? What's wrong w some people? Too much time on their hands. They have no respect for these devs. It's all me, me, me

veteran
veteran
Wow! OK. I want communication, but dang Kerro. To say the game is dead and it isn't going to be released is a bit of a stretch. I seriously doubt they'd even have the moderators out here telling us to stop acting like children if they were giving up on the game.

I have no doubt they'll complete it. I just wish they'd tell us a bit more of what's going one. Even just some hints or something. Someone telling us something.

If they'd give us some idea what they're working on, maybe some of the topics that we've been spinning our wheels on would just end.

Like if they are like, "Hey guys. Wanted to let you know, we're working on adding more models for Elves so that they look like elves." Then the elves need to look like elves conversation on the forum could stop.

Or what about, "Hey guys. We're working on implementing a D&D 5e Hardcore Ruleset for those who are hardcore fans." That would sure stop a lot of people from belly-aching.

Ya know?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Wow! OK. I want communication, but dang Kerro. To say the game is dead and it isn't going to be released is a bit of a stretch. I seriously doubt they'd even have the moderators out here telling us to stop acting like children if they were giving up on the game.

I have no doubt they'll complete it. I just wish they'd tell us a bit more of what's going one. Even just some hints or something. Someone telling us something.

If they'd give us some idea what they're working on, maybe some of the topics that we've been spinning our wheels on would just end.

Like if they are like, "Hey guys. Wanted to let you know, we're working on adding more models for Elves so that they look like elves." Then the elves need to look like elves conversation on the forum could stop.

Or what about, "Hey guys. We're working on implementing a D&D 5e Hardcore Ruleset for those who are hardcore fans." That would sure stop a lot of people from belly-aching.

Ya know?

Hey, I get what you're saying, and respect it. I may disagree with it, or more specifically disagree (and get irritated) with how some other people are being all "me me me" about it... but Kerro's litlle diatribe on how "this won't be released"... not sure where that's coming from. Probably just likes being contrarian.

U
stranger
stranger
U

Actually, I have and currently do and do you know what one of my biggest pet peeves is with an employee? A lack of communication. Is this day and age there is zero excuse not to communicate when you have 30 communication platforms at your fingertips at any given moment. Additionally, an important trait of an effective manager is listening to their customer base (you know,. the ones giving you money) and at least attempting to provide a resolution to one of the biggest complaints. We aren't asking for hourly programing updates, we are simply asking for some basic acknowledgment of our concerns. It's truly not a difficult task to write up a brief, one page summary of things you are working on, or focusing on for that week. It's also a great opportunity to keep the excitement and 'buzz' up by mentioning something new or in the works. Something to keep peoples attention and their desire to continue to stick with it in the face of, well, nothing. In all honesty, the immense lack of productive communication smacks of either serious back end issues or pure laziness. Neither one fills me with the warm and fuzzies.

Last edited by Uberwilhelm; 18/05/21 03:20 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
We are not Larian's employees.
We are their customers.

And customers do not actually need a point by point writeup of a production process.
A lot of people here right now are the equivalent of customers phoning up every hour and asking "where's my order? where's my order now? well where is it now?"

It will be ready when it's ready.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard