Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
So... On the Mind Flayer ship, you can recover three living brains, Slave Mind, Our Mind, and Dark Mind...

These are fully living, alive, intact brains.

Who dey? Who am these people?

If I could have one wish for this game, it would be to get the Regenerate spell, and be able to give these brains a body and ask "hey... whats the deal?"

I just want my little buddy "US" to hang out with and level up with me on my Journeys. It would be the perfect Psionic familiar.

veteran
veteran
Ahem Who is Myrnath, and why is he the lynchpin to everything?

I especially enjoyed the brain jar art displays made in their camps

old hand
old hand
I really don't know if the brains will serve any purpose but it could be cool if they did in some way. And honestly I don't think we get anything about them?

Honestly, I really really hope US gets added as a non origin companion, there are so many classes he could have (considering he could possess a dead body) and there are so many ways they could implement him or give him an interesting gimmick, like if his body goes unconscious he pops out and can fight as his true form for a little bit.

veteran
veteran
Well ...
US should be fun companion, but since it should make our party automaticly hostile to litteraly everyone, im not quite sure it would be concidered. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Well ...
US should be fun companion, but since it should make our party automaticly hostile to litteraly everyone, im not quite sure it would be concidered. :-/
So should being a Drow, but people seem to get over it pretty quickly.

veteran
veteran
Well, yes ... but actualy no.

I agree that people should be unfriendly, caution, and certainly should try their best to keep their distance from Drow ... but im talking here about "kill on sight" hostility ...
I agree it would be great tho, to have such experience for Drow ... but Drows seem to be like 0,1% less hostile "on sight" than walking brain with tentacles. laugh

old hand
old hand
It's why I mentioned the possessing of a body. Intellect Devourers can replace the brain of a recently dead host and just Be them. There's a lot of potential in that cause you could play around with the personality of the husk and it's memories (maybe us killed them, maybe they were a thrall, maybe they were someone Us found recently dead and needed a sturdier body so they can help their Friend) while also playing around with Us developing a personality and their own individuality. Assuming Us stays in a body, most anyone won't suspect a thing, and if he pops out then hostility could start.

veteran
veteran
That is acutaly interesting!
But simmilar as ressurecting litteraly anyone, i would not expect it to be implemented ... sounds like really lot of additional work.

old hand
old hand
I doubt if implemented, he'd be able to possess anyone, likely would be a set NPC and some reason he can't do it to others, possibly him being damaged or strangely attached to that host and thus needs to return to that body. But yeah, Us definitely would need work to be implemented properly. And if he could possess any Humanoid body, that would be really weird/cool and allow us to really play around with certain things, but would be very very hard on the implementing front cause you'd have to account for NPCs who'd recognize the body and dialogue with that...

Originally Posted by CJMPinger
... And if he could possess any Humanoid body, that would be really weird/cool and allow us to really play around with certain things, but would be very very hard on the implementing front cause you'd have to account for NPCs who'd recognize the body and dialogue with that...

I am bracing for the "Let us romance Us" request threads already!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Umbra
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
... And if he could possess any Humanoid body, that would be really weird/cool and allow us to really play around with certain things, but would be very very hard on the implementing front cause you'd have to account for NPCs who'd recognize the body and dialogue with that...

I am bracing for the "Let us romance Us" request threads already!

US the best WAIFU!

Last edited by Necrosian; 09/05/21 12:25 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard