Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
enthusiast
enthusiast
I read too many complaints about the game reminding people of D:OS2 and I have a suggestion that would go a long way towards alleviating that branch of complaint: try and remove all of the D:OS 2 soundtracks from the EA. When I hear it I instantly recognize it and it does transport me back to D OS2, or maybe even D OS1, briefly. I think BG3 deserves an entirely new soundtrack--and the original stuff I'm hearing in BG3 so far is great, imo, but the D OS1/2 tracks really need to be pulled. There's nothing "wrong" with them--they just vividly call the earlier games to mind (as I spent hundreds of hours in both games!)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Miked9995
Love the update but are we going to get out of the starting Area anytime soon? There is a big world out there and it seems like we have been stuck in the starting area for too long.

The EA version consists only of Chapter 1 in the game. We will not be getting out of the starting geography until the game ships and we can go on to chapter 2 and far beyond. This is the way Larian does its EA's--it was that way for D OS and D OS 2, as well. Disappointing in a way...but the advantage is that when the game ships we'll get a boatload of new content we've never seen. Larian hasn't announced a change in that, so Chapter 1 only is the entire EA.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Waltc
I read too many complaints about the game reminding people of D:OS2 and I have a suggestion that would go a long way towards alleviating that branch of complaint: try and remove all of the D:OS 2 soundtracks from the EA. When I hear it I instantly recognize it and it does transport me back to D OS2, or maybe even D OS1, briefly. I think BG3 deserves an entirely new soundtrack--and the original stuff I'm hearing in BG3 so far is great, imo, but the D OS1/2 tracks really need to be pulled. There's nothing "wrong" with them--they just vividly call the earlier games to mind (as I spent hundreds of hours in both games!)

No, I'm sorry. I disagree 100%. The soundtrack is by the same guy (Borislav Slavov), yes, but it's beautiful and fits the world perfectly.. Also, what you're saying makes very little sense to me. I also disagree with the DOS2 comparisons, if anything, the game is more reminiscent of Dragon Age Origins. Of course some things will feel similar, since it's the same developer/studio, but c'mon...

Regarding the music: what you're saying is like telling the musician to take the soundtrack off of Superman the movie, because it reminds you too much of the Star Wars soundtrack (both by John Williams). An erroneous argument is my opinion.

Edit: I actually think the soundtrack, musically speaking, is one of the BEST out there in terms of sweeping, epic orchestral symphonies.

Last edited by MarcoNeves; 03/03/21 11:42 PM.
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by Kerro
Has anyone else got the problem the characters lips don't move a lot of the time when they are talking especially in the cut scenes. Its so annoying it has rendered the game unplayable. Looks like we should have kept this one in the oven a bit longer.

I don't think it makes the game anything close to unplayable, but, yes, I have seen more than one instance where the character is talking but his lips aren't moving at all.

Sorry for me it has made the game unplayable it is so distracting. The new patch introduced this into the game for me so I wonder what went wrong there. Nothing to worry about I'm sure there is a fix 'just around the corner' in six months or so. Apart from that I think the game is shaping up well.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Has anyone else got the problem the characters lips don't move a lot of the time when they are talking especially in the cut scenes. Its so annoying it has rendered the game unplayable. Looks like we should have kept this one in the oven a bit longer.

I don't think it makes the game anything close to unplayable, but, yes, I have seen more than one instance where the character is talking but his lips aren't moving at all.

Sorry for me it has made the game unplayable it is so distracting. The new patch introduced this into the game for me so I wonder what went wrong there. Nothing to worry about I'm sure there is a fix 'just around the corner' in six months or so. Apart from that I think the game is shaping up well.

Kerro, in another thread you JUST said that you think this game wasn't getting rleased...? So, which is it now?

lol Marco. This is months old, dude. Feelings changed.

So yeah, to answer your question, "which is it now?" I can't speak for Kerro, but if I were a bettin' man, I'd bet he'd say "the more recent one".

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by footface
lol Marco. This is months old, dude. Feelings changed.

So yeah, to answer your question, "which is it now?" I can't speak for Kerro, but if I were a bettin' man, I'd bet he'd say "the more recent one".

Oh lol didn't notice the dates XD. But still, he's seems like such a 180 degrees type of person, that he must be 13 or something. I mean, how does he go from "it's shaping up well" to "It won't be released" within a MONTH? Gotta be a young teen.

Last edited by MarcoNeves; 09/05/21 10:31 AM.
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Oh lol didn't notice the dates XD. But still, he's seems like such a 180 degrees type of person, that he must be 13 or something. I mean, how does he go from "it's shaping up well" to "It won't be released" within a MONTH? Gotta be a young teen.

Two months, good question. Why not ask him?

Last edited by footface; 09/05/21 04:27 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves

Two months, good question. Why not ask him?

I DID, footface (in another thread too). The dude just never responded...

Edit: Others asked him too, but he (or she) just seems to want to post momentary thoughts/opinions, not having a conversation with anyone, much less respond.

Last edited by MarcoNeves; 10/05/21 02:42 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
but the advantage is that when the game ships we'll get a boatload of new content we've never seen.
... And Larian will get a boatload of bugs they never knew existed, because they didn't allow us to test them during EA.

I can practically see pages of Bug Report threads with similar titles, like "Fighter lvl 5 multiattack is broken".

If the example of Cyberpunk 2077 is any indication, a modern game of this degree of complexity will be next to unplayable for the first several months after its release. Unless, of course, the release is actually years away.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RutgerF
but the advantage is that when the game ships we'll get a boatload of new content we've never seen.
... And Larian will get a boatload of bugs they never knew existed, because they didn't allow us to test them during EA.

I can practically see pages of Bug Report threads with similar titles, like "Fighter lvl 5 multiattack is broken".

If the example of Cyberpunk 2077 is any indication, a modern game of this degree of complexity will be next to unplayable for the first several months after its release. Unless, of course, the release is actually years away.

Oh, just go away, man....

We actually need to get another patch out soon hopefully with some more content its gotten a little stagnant again at this point it would be nice to see more communication from Larion on upcoming content its sad we do not see more upcoming content news regularly they really should hire someone to come out and speak with people on a regular basis with news like. Hey guys this is what were currently working on even if its not major updates. Small pieces of news even is better than no communication something that they are horrible for.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well SOMETHING has been changed in the BG3 Steam file database over the past couple days and as recently as 8 hours ago... just not made public yet!! But I get the feeling it will be SOON!

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
You cant write "SOON" without â„¢ ...
Its against the laws of digital nature. :P

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
enthusiast
enthusiast
LOL, oops. I don't know how to make the TM symbol here. laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
Well SOMETHING has been changed in the BG3 Steam file database over the past couple days and as recently as 8 hours ago... just not made public yet!! But I get the feeling it will be SOON!

Really? oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!! I love it when we get close to a patch. My imagination goes wild :P Love it!

veteran
veteran
It's just Around the Cornerâ„¢

Really? How do you know?

addict
addict

Really? How do you know?

You can look at it, but it doesn't really mean much. They've been adding something since release patch 4, so it could be weeks and months before we get it.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
enthusiast
enthusiast
Steam database. You can get a general sense of what they're working on - but of course you can't see any actual files or information. There is mention of a hotfix for patch 4, and mention of Patch 5.
But we won't get any downloads/updates until they actually release them.
I only saw it today, but at least seeing these recent updates looks encouraging.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard