Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>

it is something obvious that should be addressed i brought it up several months ago there was alot of dispute that it wasnt needed ect ect. Larion has never addressed ever in any discussions that I have found anywhere online about producing a road map and currently I wouldnt expect it they are the worst of the CRPG companies for communication with people. Even the people who were regularly releasing news to the public have disassociated with the game for the time being because its bad for streamers content wise unless your felicia day and you can get 5000 people viewing you no matter what you play / do then its a negative to stream content for you you would lose money doing it.

I use to stream it stopped streaming content for it because it just became not worth it. Not because the game is bad just the content is stale and larions communication makes it even worst. You get around 20-80 viewers at peek. When we had a new content patch it went up to around 160-320. But alot of people didnt revisit it as well. I know a few other people who streamed it that are bigger end that didnt revisit it with the last patch cause there just wasnt enough added to entice them. I revisited it but i finished all the new content in about 2 weeks and ran out of new options to give me enough emph to keep playing it without news I dont think ill bother playing it again till a new patch and if its during the summer I with things where I live opening up more so I may not even bother playing over the summer. I would need alot of content to have a chance to be worth taking time off being outside to come in and play the game even for a few hours.

There are alot of people who play it there preferred classes are not even in the game let alone races. Which is a big downside. At 4 months a patch they really should be doing more and a road map is a minimum start to what they should be doing.

The lack of roadmap personally as a player for me is very dissappointing even if they dont make the target dates its the effort they put in that matters. Larion basically hasnt made an effort. I went and put 780.00 on a kickstarter for a different game just because the game litterly had a road map to all the content they were releaseing with timelines for it because they promisted a minimum of at least news on any delays. Thats the thing with BG 3 thats dissapointing we have no idea what is even being worked on let alone an idea whats coming out.

This is my opinion only but if they wanted to show they cared about what people thought you would see things like "We are going to be releasing paladin next, our estimate is june 12th we are also working on barbarian to follow it up in august and around sept / november we have orcs and sorcerers in the works" even if they didnt make the date listed coming on and saying hey were running a little late due to delays is fine.

Druid came out and they got given some head way. Saying hey we can load content up faster. So alot of people let it slide they had been waiting 5 months for a content patch here we got the same thing happening again. I would be surpised if Felica day was hired to stream it to keep people interested. Not to say that is the truth because I honestly wouldnt know that but it would be a tactic i could see used to keep interest. Because there content release rate is abysmal its bad. Its like bottom of the barrel bad for a company that came out saying we are releasing this because we love DND. You would expect at least test versions of content to come out alot faster when they say that and to want to be way more engaged with people.

Hearthstone...Im just using this as an example they have a much smaller developement team. Despite being with blizzard entertainment the specific team that handles that game is much smaller. The director intereacts with fans once a week. The developement team releases news every week once outside that with upcoming content changes that are being looked at ect.

It would be nice to see that kind of effort from larion where they came in here and ran a q&a weekly with the forums especially since its there own forums. Even if they dont give you a clear cut answer it would show an effort. Or teasing little things without giving to much information thats what we should be seeing. I am sure there are tons of people would love to interview the developers who stream once a week. It doesnt just boost larion it boosts the streamer they are speaking to so.

Communication is larions worst aspect as a design team.

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 09:26 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
veteran
veteran
Same here I started a youtube channel 1 year ago and as a fan, I made a lot of video about BG3.

It's a very small channel, I'm learning how it works but it's clear that players are really hyped about the game.
As soon as there are new informations to share I have a lot of view/new subscriber but 3 monthes without any interresting informations is way too much to keep the hype really high.

With a roadmap and even small communication every 2/4 weeks (data, employees interview or anything else),
I guess big/good BG3 youtuber/streamer like Wolfheart could keep the hype at 150% during the whole EA without it ever going down.

But hey... After you streamed your grandmother playing the game... What else can you do if devs aren't giving you something ?

Last edited by Maximuuus; 26/05/21 08:11 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
If you look at general life expectency of content its typically around 1 month with just a new class and nothing else sometimes youll toy with that get 1 extra month out of it at that point your done. While there was work done playing 1-3 characters on average per play through your dulling out last patch added druid which was nice it gave us things to play around with for a bit it was nice, but most of us expected a little more than druid and 4-5 items after 5 months of waiting. In comparison to the WOTR release after 2 months you see 5 classes racial updates character designer updates dozens of new items additional zones like the amount of content was alot more on net for a shorter period of time. I personally get it if they were improving the load time for content but now were going on 4 months again after they statement myself I was expecting like april teaser content. Were heading into june nothing new thats not promising.

E3 in two weeks, so I doubt we'll get anything until then smile

I think I will play Biomutant while I wait for the next communication.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Anything new happening. Nope I didn't think so.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I just hope this doesn't end like Vampires bloodlines 2.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Bufotenina

Totally different situation. This is Larians only real project now. They have 7 Studios working on it. Paradox has their hands in 20 cookie jars and had contracted out Bloodlines to another studio that didn't meet their timelines and now they have a mess on their hands. Big studios with too many projects are a blight on the gaming landscape, especially RPG's which are high-investment projects.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
That can never happen ...
Larians are developing the game themselves, Paradox hired HSL to do the job ...
And as it seems, they didnt check too often. :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran

Poor communication from Larian, but it can't be denied development is happening. Plus, Wizards is likely being kept in the loop.

old hand
old hand

Unlikely cause this is the main project of Larian, and rn their budget is fairly big and their timeframe ostensibly just as big. If this game does not finish, even poorly, that'd have to be because of some big disaster.

addict
addict
Their biggest problem might be over-ambition and lack of focus. Looking through all their job specs ( basically, looking for just about every game dev role ), and the way they keep adding new studios while not really saying very much about what they are actually doing, suggests to me that the project may be expanding like a spider web; but with less control smile

veteran
veteran
Also the studio they just added worked with Larian previously on porting DOS2 to the Switch, so if anything this move was more of a consolidation. The other studios can focus on the game development and not worry about porting.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>
Who knows. It's apparently supposed to be even bigger than DOS 2, but then again DOS 2 itself was originally supposed to be massively larger than what we got.
Swen Vincke himself told in a post-mortem that the entirely of the current game maps were supposed to make up only for the first "continent" of the game (the human one) and other of comparable overall size were planned for elves, dwarves and lizardmen.

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 08:48 AM. Reason: deleted forum account

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
You know what guys? What's being said lately made me realize something. Larian... Yeah Larian! YOU Larian! You should have waited until game was fully developped! Look at all these people with their crazy complaints, look at all the disapointment from people who played so much they burnt themselves out! Shame on you Larian, SHAME! Shame on giving us the sweet taste of a continuation of Baldur's gate! SHAME! Boo will rip your eyes out for this!

In all seriousness though, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. They were generous enough to grant early access, they listened to us when we found issues. They added content to let us know, its still going on. You're all so fucking impatient, go play something else instead of waiting on a game to be finished that isn't even finished yet. Finish your fully released game that's collecting dusts in your steam library, in your closet, in your trunks. I bet yall haven't even finished your nintendo and comodore games! Shame on you!

Last edited by Kryldost; 06/06/21 03:50 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kryldost
In all seriousness though, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. They were generous enough to grant early access, they listened to us when we found issues. They added content to let us know, its still going on. You're all so fucking impatient, go play something else instead of waiting on a game to be finished that isn't even finished yet. Finish your fully released game that's collecting dusts in your steam library, in your closet, in your trunks. I bet yall haven't even finished your nintendo and comodore games! Shame on you!
Infinite +1

veteran
veteran
Sigh. I agree there is impatience. However, casting shame on people is inappropriate. I'm trying to be patient, but when all you get is radio silence without ANY idea what they are doing, it is hard to not be upset.

I'm frankly tired of having the same convos out here because there is literally nothing new to discuss. Why play anymore if I've exhausted all my suggestions and feedback and there is STILL no word about what is coming and when.

I'm just saying, people like me have been asking for some sort of news for MONTHS with absolutely no response. That is not the way a company should treat their customers, especially knowing WE are the crazy fans willing to help make the game awesome.

veteran
veteran
"Generous enough to grant early access"
Waw. The brainwashing really works.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
"Generous enough to grant early access"
Waw. The brainwashing really works.

Generous to grant early access!
After we paid for it ofc. Paid for the privilege of being unpaid testers.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
After we paid for it ofc. Paid for the privilege of being unpaid testers.
I just buyed a game. O_o
If you paid for anything else, that shop probably screwed you. :P

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard