Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Jun 2018
Larian Studios
OP Offline
Larian Studios
Joined: Jun 2018
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hello Everyone!

Today’s small hot-fix focuses on solving some bugs & crashes getting in the way of your adventures.

Each time you play the game, you help us to find these sorts of issues and your support tickets, Forum and Reddit posts help us narrow down issues, too. Thank you for being with us through Early Access, it means the world to us.

We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!

Changelist:

  • Fixed a crash when stepping out of running water
  • Fixed a rare crash related to animation states
  • Fixed a crash when party members use jump to follow
  • Fixed behaviour scripting causing crashes when starting a dialog fails
  • Fixed thread safety issue in Physx

Joined: Sep 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Sep 2020
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!
nicenicenicenicenicenice. Here's hoping for some specific examples, particularly about things that haven't been changed in-game yet.

Joined: Sep 2017
old hand
Online Happy
old hand
Joined: Sep 2017
Hype-train! Choo choo!

Joined: Nov 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!
YES! This is the best news I have heard all week!

Last edited by CJMPinger; 12/05/21 08:02 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!
Yay! ^_^


I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
I can't believe this morning I made a meme about the fact there won't be a new patch this week, and here's a hot fix!

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

But it's more important to me that you finally said you'd be back soon with something more. Well, I hope it will be really soon.


I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Joined: Jun 2018
Larian Studios
OP Offline
Larian Studios
Joined: Jun 2018
Originally Posted by Nyloth
I can't believe this morning I made a meme about the fact there won't be a new patch this week, and here's a hot fix!

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

Thank you for the blessing of the meme.

Joined: Apr 2021
V
member
Offline
member
V
Joined: Apr 2021
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!
High hopes.

Originally Posted by Nyloth
[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

This is actually very funny.


Romances in RPGs brought us to this
Joined: Apr 2021
Location: Australia
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Apr 2021
Location: Australia
Thank you thank you thank you for the update! I've never encountered those crashes personally, but thank you for fixing them. Can't wait for more details about how my favourite game is shaping up! laugh laugh laugh

Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Wooooooot!!!!

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Looking forward to the upcoming community update! smile

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hello Everyone!

Today’s small hot-fix focuses on solving some bugs & crashes getting in the way of your adventures.

Each time you play the game, you help us to find these sorts of issues and your support tickets, Forum and Reddit posts help us narrow down issues, too. Thank you for being with us through Early Access, it means the world to us.

We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!

Changelist:

  • Fixed a crash when stepping out of running water
  • Fixed a rare crash related to animation states
  • Fixed a crash when party members use jump to follow
  • Fixed behaviour scripting causing crashes when starting a dialog fails
  • Fixed thread safety issue in Physx

Thank you Jess, and Larian Team for your continued efforts on this amazing game! We are with you all the way!

Joined: Oct 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
Hi Jess, the GOG offline installer shows "Patch (4.1.104.3536 EA to 4.1.106.9344 Submission)".

Just wanted to check back if that is correct since none of the previous patches/hotfixes had "Submission" in the filename so far. Thanks!

Joined: Jun 2018
Larian Studios
OP Offline
Larian Studios
Joined: Jun 2018
Originally Posted by Bomor
Hi Jess, the GOG offline installer shows "Patch (4.1.104.3536 EA to 4.1.106.9344 Submission)".

Just wanted to check back if that is correct since none of the previous patches/hotfixes had "Submission" in the filename so far. Thanks!

That's the right one, I'm chasing the team as to why the the word Submission is in there. Thanks for flagging!

Joined: Oct 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
Thanks for confirming, Jess. By the way, I noticed that the word "Submission" is not only in the patch filename but also in the filenames of the latest game installation files, available in the GOG offline installer section.

Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!

Great news ! I can't wait to read you !

Joined: Dec 2020
T
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Once again a small hot fix that is large on GOG - this time 24.55GB

I have no idea if this is Larians or GoGs fault but i would recommend one uses Gog for this game till it's fixed

Joined: Apr 2021
Location: Australia
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Apr 2021
Location: Australia
Steam had only 40mb or thereabouts for this hotfix.
Wondering if the Gog install is fixing some of its own files at the same time?
I can dream that it's pre-loading Patch 5 but it might be too much to hope for? :P

Joined: Jun 2018
Larian Studios
OP Offline
Larian Studios
Joined: Jun 2018
Originally Posted by Bomor
Thanks for confirming, Jess. By the way, I noticed that the word "Submission" is not only in the patch filename but also in the filenames of the latest game installation files, available in the GOG offline installer section.

I saw the same thing when I checked. I'm being told it's all good so 🤷

Joined: Aug 2014
P
stranger
Offline
stranger
P
Joined: Aug 2014
Maybe a future patch will be titled 'Rebellion' to counter that one wink

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5