Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
We are not Larian's employees.
We are their customers.

And customers do not actually need a point by point writeup of a production process.
A lot of people here right now are the equivalent of customers phoning up every hour and asking "where's my order? where's my order now? well where is it now?"

It will be ready when it's ready.
We're not just the customers though. We are EA players, and BG3's EA involves "maintain[ing] a healthy relationship with those who take the time to provide feedback." Larian doesn't need to communicate with us in the same vein that us EA players don't need to write up our feedback, submit bug reports, and allow BG3 to automatically collect data from us. But communication is like the most important factor for any healthy relationship. Some posters have put in hundreds of hours' worth of feedback, and it'd just be nice to get an acknowledgement of that effort...it always pays to be nice.

A lot of people aren't demanding that BG3 is released faster (personally, I hope BG3 is delayed to late 2022 at the earliest in order to ensure a higher quality game), but would just like some info from Larian about when we could expect (and thus get excited for) new content. Letting us know what they're working on would prompt discussion on the forums, which is definitely healthier than repeating the same arguments over and over. It would also be wonderful if Larian officially responded to the various feedback topics that have been talked in circles on the forum, so at the very least we could know what mechanics are set in stone and what could possibly be changed. This is what I hope to see from their next announcement.

I've seen a lot of arguments that, if Larian released weekly/monthly "what we're working on" announcements, then the community would get vitriolic at things the community doesn't agree with. But, c'mon, the forums are already pretty salty. I doubt it would be worse.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Letting us know what they're working on would prompt discussion on the forums, which is definitely healthier than repeating the same arguments over and over. It would also be wonderful if Larian officially responded to the various feedback topics that have been talked in circles on the forum, so at the very least we could know what mechanics are set in stone and what could possibly be changed. This is what I hope to see from their next announcement.

Yes that would be nice. I do hope the promised community update comes out soon, which will hopefully put some of the ranting, snapping and talking in circles to rest for a time. I am taking a break from the game itself until Patch 5 comes out (finishing re-playing DA:Inquisition in the meantime) but I am checking for updates every day... smile

I do agree they could/should be more communicative, at least in general terms. But demanding updates and being rude about it like some people are, is just going to make us all sound like That Annoying Customer From Hell.

At least there is mostly well thought out discussion here - the Steam BG3 forums are far, far worse...

Last edited by Alexandrite; 18/05/21 10:36 PM.
veteran
veteran
I've seen a lot of arguments that, if Larian released weekly/monthly "what we're working on" announcements, then the community would get vitriolic at things the community doesn't agree with. But, c'mon, the forums are already pretty salty. I doubt it would be worse.
I would love "what we're working on" announcements, but I can also see why they wouldn't do it. If Larian said they were working on something and then later had to cut it, it would open them up to accusations of lying, etc.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Icelyn
I would love "what we're working on" announcements, but I can also see why they wouldn't do it. If Larian said they were working on something and then later had to cut it, it would open them up to accusations of lying, etc.

Arguably, openness would solve that problem cause they would be able to say later, "We found that X wasn't working so we decided to cut it and start focusing on Y."

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
We are not Larian's employees.
We are their customers.

And customers do not actually need a point by point writeup of a production process.
A lot of people here right now are the equivalent of customers phoning up every hour and asking "where's my order? where's my order now? well where is it now?"

It will be ready when it's ready.
Some certainly ...
But on the other end, Larian is like if they are moving our package and keep asking: How do you like your order here? Isnt here better? How about here? Maybe we return it where it was? How about there? smile

I agree, we dont need to know that line 34 of paladin coding was done today in 10:32AM CET ... laugh
It would be nice tho, to know wich of our ideas (mostly those that are showing here regulary) will, or will not be concidered ...

If you watch the forum for some time, you find out that there is few topics that are repeated over, and over, and over, and over again and again ...
That is (imho) perfect time for someone from Larian to step up and say "SHUT THE HELLS UP FINALY" ... and then "we know, but we like it as it is" or "we know, and we are working on some implementation that will work good with our vision".

Not necesarily ...
It all depends on how you put it, even certain cuts can offer valuable informations.
For example we do know right now, that there will be no dinosaurs in this game. Im certain it was sad for many druids, but in general it seems like people take it quite easily. smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 18/05/21 11:41 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
For example we do know right now, that there will be no dinosaurs in this game.
laugh

veteran
veteran
I guess one could say, "It is early access. You signed up for this." In other words, you signed up for the game not working as it will after EA and they may release new updates whenever they are ready. So be patient.

That said. LARIAN! GIVE ME AN UPDATE NOW!!!😡

Please. 😇

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
For example we do know right now, that there will be no dinosaurs in this game.
laugh
That is no joke. wink

https://olddungeonmaster.com/2018/01/07/dd-5e-dinosaurs/

And also here, somewhere around 58:40 ... i would find precise time, but Youtube just decided to stuck in loading for 5 minutes after i moved it few hundert times forward, its 5AM here and i sudently start feeling urge to finaly go to sleep. laugh
So ... its up to you. :P

//edit: Its running again, its 58:57 laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/05/21 03:16 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
For those who don't want to watch it, Sven says he put his foot down on the dinosaurs because they "eventually want to ship the game".

So No dinosaurs.

Blackheifer
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard