Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
EvilVik Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Reckem
Originally Posted by EvilVik
add a "all hide" button.

I have been thinking about this but after doing a few playthroughs I feel like there would be an outcry as this would actually cause more cons than pros if you really think about it. I will point out the most likely one or 2 that I see.

When sneaking around you see an overlay of red that indicates what will cause need for hide rolls/spotted. So typically you have to be very careful and sometimes move in a pinpoint precision path. With how the companions move as a group you would almost never be able to manage this properly without going turn by turn movement at which point you can make everyone hide on their turn to begin with.

The other point, and this is merely assuming that you were thinking a hide all would result in only the lead having to roll hide/sneak rolls when the reality is every character would need to roll. Now do you honestly expect Gale to be all that effective at sneaking? Or Lae'Zel in her metallic armor? They will be blowing your cover constantly causing you even more frustration.

Naa, I really just want the 'hide all' for less clicking. Mainly to avoid triggering certain scenes or fights. In some areas you will be seen from a great distance if not sneaking

EvilVik Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by EvilVik
The party controls - I hate the chain system. The number of times it has screwed me over, just because I clicked on a different character and they all started running around like crazy. I have nothing positive to say about it at all. Please let me select my party members like in the predecessors.

I just need to emphasize this bit even more, after a lot of curses towards BOOAAAL, our new lord of murder.
Just finished the Spider Queen encounter, and most of my party were at ~3 hp (except Astarion, who was pew pew'ing from above).
They are all standing in safe spots, and it's all good - until I click a different characters portrait, and BOOM, they all run around like headless chickens in the poison from the dead spiders, merrily killing themselves.
Not only did this trigger Gale's death scene, but that also made sure I had no time to save any of them as the saving throws vs. death happily rolled in the background.

I ended up using 3 resurrection scrolls afterwards - not because I died in the fight, but because the chain system is horrible.

Last edited by EvilVik; 17/05/21 01:16 PM.
A
A
Use the keyboard short cuts to select characters instead of your pointer. Much cleaner, and speeds up gameplay a bit.

In Options, you can change which items get automatically added to your hotbar. I usually select only spells and arrows.

A
A
*If you ask Bernard the right question (or kill him)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard