Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
old hand
old hand
I might be remembering wrong, but you choose which casting stat to use if you have multiclassed and are using s scroll, since this also would possibly affect any riders or extra effects. I guess a solution would be the prompt the player which class the scroll will be cast as when a player uses a scroll?

veteran
veteran
Multiclassing ...
That thing i didnt even concidered, since its not in the game yet. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
But when multiclassing finally drops, it would become a major issue with scrolls, assuming scrolls get fixed to actually only be usable by the appropriate caster. And would highlight the issue you brought up of what happens when a spell is considered a spell for both say Warlock and a Wizard.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Good thing i was not talking about how it "should" work ... but about how it "does" work ...
And also that i was not talking about how it "should" work by 5e ... but about how it "does" work in Baldur's Gate 3 ...

Anyway.
Im not quite sure how it works with spell that are in both categories ...
Like scorching ray. O_o

And yet you are on here complaining that a spell, that isn't in your class spell list, doesn't use your class' preferred stat for casting.

veteran
veteran
I repeat:
Stating as it works in Baldur's Gate 3 ... -_-

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
A
A
Once you've mastered a few tricks, the combat gets easier. The only fights I fear now are the Gith, the Minotaurs and the Bulette, and sometimes the Kuo-Toa will put one of my party down. Most of the battles are tough if you just blunder into them, but a bit of scouting and preparation will vastly improve your chances.

- Advantage: always attack from behind or above, or when the enemy is threatened
- Allies: help is available from many sources. You can get the Flind fighting on your side in the main Gnoll battle, which turns it from challenging into a breeze, and Glut is invaluable in the Underdark. If you have a warlock, the imp companion is OP.
- Armor class: always have those who can use shields finish their turn with their shield equipped, even if they attacked with a bow or two-handed weapon. With the right equipment and stat boosts, you can have most of your team at AC19 by level 4.
- Environment: scan the terrain for useful hazards that you can shove/blast enemies into, shoot down (stalactites, stone blocks, braziers, statues) or blow up
- Equipment: obtain the best equipment you can ASAP - Zevlor's gloves, helmets to prevent crits, Scale Armor +1 for medium armor wearers and Studded Light for light wearers, whatever +1 or +2 weapons traders are selling). Pick up bows for everyone ASAP as they have a better chance to hit and do more damage than most low-level spells, even in the hands of a cleric or mage.
- Food: some food items heal better than potions - mostly joints of meat. Have each character carry one around. The gruel that you get from the old woman in the Druid Grove is also a fantastic health boost (you can get 10 portions if you talk to her with every character and choose the right dialogue path).
- Hide: before a battle starts, hide some characters in good locations, to increase their advantage on their first attack. They can also join in when you want them to.
- Jump: use to cover more distance in battle and to position yourself strategically
- Light: have some sort of light source in dark areas for your non-night vision characters (Light spell, Dancing Lights, rings of light, torch, another fire source)
- Dipping and coating: carry around candles or torches to drop and dip your weapons into, and don't skimp on using poison potions (there are at least 40 in EA). The extra damage can be crucial in ending fights more quickly.
- Weapon selection: you may have preferred weapons for each character, but once you build up a collection, you can switch according to your needs on any given turn. Sometimes a Cleave will take out a few enemies at once, so equip a sword or axe; on other occasions, you might achieve the same effect with Rush, so use a spear or pike.
- Efficiency: never waste an action or bonus action. If you're injured, drink a potion or eat some gruel. If you're at full health, hide. If you can't hide, dip. If you can't dip, jump somewhere safer/more strategically useful.
- Buff, buff, buff: have any mages cast Mage Armor at the start of each day, have a cleric cast Aid on the party, and cast Longstrider on your best fighter (all three last until next long rest or death). There are tons of potions of haste, invisibility and hill giant strength, too, although I'd save them for the hardest fights.

Happy fighting!

A
A
The Gith are level 5, and the Hag might be as well

A
A
The percentages may be displaying incorrectly, but you should not be attacking things with a 60% chance to hit if at all possible. Bless, advantage, light source, strength potions, oil of sharpness, correct stats (dex/str) maxed out, best possible weapon for each character (ideally +1 or +2 or with another enchantment) ...

U
apprentice
apprentice
U
My guess is Larian is testing mid-late game mechanics during EA as a means to further goof-proof the system without revealing Act 1 (remaining), 2, and 3 content. I have also killed everything available using only Shadowheart and a PC Ranger, only using 2 or 3 barrels of firewine and 1 barrel of oil in the crypt. Out of all of the fights, the big one at the Camp post-Minthara was the most difficult for me with SH and PC. I recommend breaking ladders, closing doors, luring enemies, arrows of darkness, and the obvious - just roll a 20. All of the tools to win are available in game should you take the time to find/understand them. Sometimes, you may just have to push a Tiefling that called you a funny word into a pack of Githyanki to have the Gith use all of their scrolls before you ambush them during their return oops!

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by Adiktus
Once you've mastered a few tricks, the combat gets easier. The only fights I fear now are the Gith, the Minotaurs and the Bulette, and sometimes the Kuo-Toa will put one of my party down. Most of the battles are tough if you just blunder into them, but a bit of scouting and preparation will vastly improve your chances.

- Advantage: always attack from behind or above, or when the enemy is threatened
- Allies: help is available from many sources. You can get the Flind fighting on your side in the main Gnoll battle, which turns it from challenging into a breeze, and Glut is invaluable in the Underdark. If you have a warlock, the imp companion is OP.
- Armor class: always have those who can use shields finish their turn with their shield equipped, even if they attacked with a bow or two-handed weapon. With the right equipment and stat boosts, you can have most of your team at AC19 by level 4.
- Environment: scan the terrain for useful hazards that you can shove/blast enemies into, shoot down (stalactites, stone blocks, braziers, statues) or blow up
- Equipment: obtain the best equipment you can ASAP - Zevlor's gloves, helmets to prevent crits, Scale Armor +1 for medium armor wearers and Studded Light for light wearers, whatever +1 or +2 weapons traders are selling). Pick up bows for everyone ASAP as they have a better chance to hit and do more damage than most low-level spells, even in the hands of a cleric or mage.
- Food: some food items heal better than potions - mostly joints of meat. Have each character carry one around. The gruel that you get from the old woman in the Druid Grove is also a fantastic health boost (you can get 10 portions if you talk to her with every character and choose the right dialogue path).
- Hide: before a battle starts, hide some characters in good locations, to increase their advantage on their first attack. They can also join in when you want them to.
- Jump: use to cover more distance in battle and to position yourself strategically
- Light: have some sort of light source in dark areas for your non-night vision characters (Light spell, Dancing Lights, rings of light, torch, another fire source)
- Dipping and coating: carry around candles or torches to drop and dip your weapons into, and don't skimp on using poison potions (there are at least 40 in EA). The extra damage can be crucial in ending fights more quickly.
- Weapon selection: you may have preferred weapons for each character, but once you build up a collection, you can switch according to your needs on any given turn. Sometimes a Cleave will take out a few enemies at once, so equip a sword or axe; on other occasions, you might achieve the same effect with Rush, so use a spear or pike.
- Efficiency: never waste an action or bonus action. If you're injured, drink a potion or eat some gruel. If you're at full health, hide. If you can't hide, dip. If you can't dip, jump somewhere safer/more strategically useful.
- Buff, buff, buff: have any mages cast Mage Armor at the start of each day, have a cleric cast Aid on the party, and cast Longstrider on your best fighter (all three last until next long rest or death). There are tons of potions of haste, invisibility and hill giant strength, too, although I'd save them for the hardest fights.

Happy fighting!

In other words you are saying we should all embrace the cheese

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard