Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!
My hopes are up, please don't break my heart Larian.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Thespen
Once again a small hot fix that is large on GOG - this time 24.55GB

I have no idea if this is Larians or GoGs fault but i would recommend one uses Gog for this game till it's fixed

Yes, it said "24.55GB" but it didn't download and install anything close to 24.55GB...;) Indeed, the total patch was just a few GBs in scope as the patch actually started for me somewhere around the 21GB mark and concluded a few minutes later. Total time was about ten minutes (or less.)

Apparently, the hotfix was installed over the tail-end of the last 24.55GB patch--instead of repeating that entire download. I was not running Galaxy earlier, so it wasn't downloading in the background--unless Galaxy can now download & update my GOG games even when Galaxy isn't running! If that's so, this is the first I've heard about that...;)

Anyway--looks like you were a little premature on the trigger, there, Thespen. I can definitely recommend this update for Galaxy users--I see nothing about it that is "broken" thus far.

Wanted to add: this is the first time I've seen this, so maybe they've been refining the GOG update scenario through Galaxy...

Last edited by Waltc; 13/05/21 06:27 PM.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Today’s small hot-fix focuses on solving some bugs & crashes getting in the way of your adventures.

Small hot-fix? What you talking about willis?!?! It landed at 24.55GB!!1!1!oneone (GOG all the way)

As a side note, playing the same Act for 9 months isn't my forte. Once we get some Act 2 lovin' you'll get a slew of QA/QC data from me.

Last edited by ShinyBuddha; 14/05/21 07:59 AM.
stranger
stranger
I'll admit I have definitely slowed down considerably on the amount I play so I don't totally burn myself out before the game actually releases. I'm sure I'll pick it up again on the next big update but honestly I've played act I so many times now with so many combinations of characters that the excitement has worn off quite a bit. Hopefully the game is still picking up enough new users so that a good quantity of feedback - and some new opinions - will keep flowing in while those of us that are on our 10,000 playthrough start to slow down.

Last edited by OldybutG00dy; 15/05/21 04:08 PM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Waltc
Once again a small hot fix that is large on GOG - this time 24.55GB

I have no idea if this is Larians or GoGs fault but i would recommend one uses Gog for this game till it's fixed

Yes, it said "24.55GB" but it didn't download and install anything close to 24.55GB...;) Indeed, the total patch was just a few GBs in scope as the patch actually started for me somewhere around the 21GB mark and concluded a few minutes later. Total time was about ten minutes (or less.)

Apparently, the hotfix was installed over the tail-end of the last 24.55GB patch--instead of repeating that entire download. I was not running Galaxy earlier, so it wasn't downloading in the background--unless Galaxy can now download & update my GOG games even when Galaxy isn't running! If that's so, this is the first I've heard about that...;)

Anyway--looks like you were a little premature on the trigger, there, Thespen. I can definitely recommend this update for Galaxy users--I see nothing about it that is "broken" thus far.

Wanted to add: this is the first time I've seen this, so maybe they've been refining the GOG update scenario through Galaxy...

I'm glad it was just a couple of gigs for you.

I'm playing a multiplayer game so I did download to continue playing with my team mates but while a little bit smaller than the 24+ gigs it still downloaded over 21 gigs (and for at least 2 others people I play with/know).

Also my internet is not too bad and is the fastest internet available in my area atm ( hopefully FTTP is coming here this year, which will fix the problem for me smile But what about those who can't get fast internet or heaven forbid have to pay for the amount they down load (and yes some areas of the world have these issues). So I stand by my original comment, thanks.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!
YES! This is the best news I have heard all week!

Truly? I'm not even sure about what it means.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
For once we seem to be agreeing. What on earth does that mean? A community update about blah blah blah. What we all want is a whopping big update to the game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kerro
For once we seem to be agreeing. What on earth does that mean? A community update about blah blah blah. What we all want is a whopping big update to the game.

Oh be quiet, Debbie Downer. Learn patience. No, you are not a patient person.

old hand
old hand
It is what is said, they will actually finally go into detail about what feedback they are parsing and how. Right now Larian has been more or less secretive in that we don't even know if us talking here impacts anything, this will finally give us definitive answers and make it easier for us to actually give feedback and make this game the best it can be.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
It is what is said, they will actually finally go into detail about what feedback they are parsing and how. Right now Larian has been more or less secretive in that we don't even know if us talking here impacts anything, this will finally give us definitive answers and make it easier for us to actually give feedback and make this game the best it can be.

Larian : "we learned reading you that missing is really a problem in BG3. We added loaded dice to help you but our data showed that it's not enough.
We decided to add another homebrew : now players will be able to stack advantages/disadvantages"

"Us" : 😳

Last edited by Maximuuus; 17/05/21 08:12 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
It worries me, talking about their in game telemetry and how they draw from that, since what we've seen so far is that they look at blunt character action data gathering pools, and then jump to their own completely unfounded wild conclusions about what players want or like based on that, and then claim they're listening to us when they make changes based upon that. That's what we've seen so far... I'm interested to see them explain it from their perspective, but it doesn't sound like they have any intention of diverging from this method, which is depressing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm glad it was just a couple of gigs for you.

I'm playing a multiplayer game so I did download to continue playing with my team mates but while a little bit smaller than the 24+ gigs it still downloaded over 21 gigs (and for at least 2 others people I play with/know).

And my internet is not too bad and is the fastest internet available in my area atm ( hopefully FTTP is coming here this year, which will fix the problem for me smile But what about those who can't get fast internet or heaven forbid have to pay for the amount they down load (and yes some areas of the world have these issues). So I stand by my original comment, thanks.

Thanks for the update on the multiplayer--didn't know Larian had put any time into multiplayer as of now.

Yes, it was a couple of gigs--but I also downloaded a 24GB patch, too, in the past. You keep saying that something's "broken"...but I can't see that anything is broken. I mean--Larian is creating the patches and the fixes, and the patches work and install just fine from what I've seen. I don't see that anything Larian is doing is broken.

Can you maybe set your system up to download when you go to sleep at night, etc? There are ways to address such problems--we've all had to do so at one time or another in the past.

I don't understand your notion that games and patches should all fit on a floppy drive, apparently, and if they don't--they are broken...;) AAA games in 2021 can be as much as, and often more than, 60-80GBs when installed, with multiple tens of gigabytes of high-res (4k) textures included for 4k--some textures compress OK, others don't.

I guess my point is that it was you who signed on to the EA edition of the game. You are going to be doing so much more downloading of patch after patch than the person who waits until the game ships--or the person who waits until the game is finalized, etc.

You mention "what about the people with slow download access"? What about them? I don't get it...;) There are tens of millions of people globally who have no Internet at all, or who have slow Internet, but no hardware capable of playing a game like BG3. Are they Larian's fault as well? Is Larian to blame for what you perceive to be inequity? I don't think so.

I'm not trying to be hard to get along with--but you are talking to someone who suffered through years and years of dial-up modem Internet access so slow you wouldn't believe it today. Yet, ways exist to do and get the things you want even on modem tech so slow it's beyond obsolete today--and you are nowhere near that level of byte deprivation...;)

Instead of complaining and calling realities you don't like "broken," try and figure out ways to maximize the resources you have. Don't just sit there and wait until someone "fixes" it for you--do what you can for yourself with what you've got and you will be surprised at what you can accomplish. Criticism and blame are easy, but what's the pay-off? Not much, imo.

If the files are too big to download in ten minutes then download while you sleep or you are at work or in school, etc. Find workarounds to your problem--they exist, believe me.

Good news! I just downloaded and installed a 3.9MB patch through Galaxy for BG3! It, too, wasn't broken as it installed just fine...;)

Take care...I have no doubt you can work it out...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz

Hmm, Steam Database today shows both Patch 5 EA and Patch 5 Main branches updated at the exact same time... does that mean anything? Who knows!
Sigh. I'm trying to be as reasonable, patient and accepting as possible, but even I am twitching in anticipation of some kind of news/update/breadcrumbs... smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz

Hmm, Steam Database today shows both Patch 5 EA and Patch 5 Main branches updated at the exact same time... does that mean anything? Who knows!
Sigh. I'm trying to be as reasonable, patient and accepting as possible, but even I am twitching in anticipation of some kind of news/update/breadcrumbs... smile

Sadly the discussion that was had over this was that - no it doesn't mean anything.

I am 99% certain we won't see an update until during or after E3. Sorz.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Well, its shows us that there actualy IS at least SOMETHING happening with this game ...
That is not a bad deal, if you ask me ... much more that what you get from some other studios. :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Yeah. They're losing me. Not gonna lie. I can only take so much of the same convos and the same gameplay and such.

If they don't give people something soon...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Yeah. They're losing me. Not gonna lie. I can only take so much of the same convos and the same gameplay and such.

If they don't give people something soon...

Well - we're not supposed to be playing the same game over and over again for the full year of EA just to test bugs. That'd be a sure way to burn out.

I've been re-playing Dragon Age: Inquisition while taking a break waiting for an update and/or Patch 5 here... I won't lie though, this game has got me hooked, like no other game has in years (except the Dragon Age series, but that was a while back). That's why I'm here on the forums every day!! smile

Last edited by Alexandrite; 24/05/21 10:27 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
I won't lie though, this game has got me hooked, like no other game has in years
Same! smile

veteran
veteran
I was too, but lack of any real communication is wearing on me. I've played so much of it and chatted so much about the same issues with NO responses from Larian. Its just disheartening. Are they going to implement ANYone's suggestions?

Last edited by GM4Him; 25/05/21 02:44 AM.
Larion is horrible for communication and new patch info if you havent figured it out theres no one really covering the game at the moment because everyones gotten bored of not having new toys. I only even check back like every few days now to see if theres notes on a new patch cause its gotten boring that there has been zero updates. I switched to playing other stuff. It was ok for a but but were over due a patch by about a month now. Its disheartening to see there lack of communication and effort. To keep people up todate with a road map. Of all the companies putting out games at the moment despite the game is good. Larion is the worst overall for communication.

They release such small amounts of stuff in patches as well currently that when things are updated they dont give people enough to do to last 3 -4 months while they patch 1 new addition it feels like they should be alot more efficient for content additions by this point. When games like pathfinder are releaseing like 4 classes full set of new visuals additional story content and a full wave of things to keep people busy and people haven even finished the beta access content. Meanwhile larion is releasing small patchs fixing 4-5 bugs and then you get nothing new really. Its the biggest disappointment about the game. The next time the release new content people might not even notice for a month at the rate things are going.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard