Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#773677 19/05/21 06:12 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Fully voice acted line somewhere in the game following this logic.

1) Boring combat.
2) Four useless conversation lines -- a fifth one that drives the story forward.
3)A useless conversation line that appears to allow someone to do something incredible. (Channel the power of your brain worm to summon Asmodeus.)
4) Receive the output, "That would break the linear story line!"

Just so it's there somewhere in the game. No one's watching, developers.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
...huh?

J'aime le fromage.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
uhhhh, am I the only one that is confused here?

old hand
old hand
I don't want to be mean but... I am not sure what that was supposed to mean? Is he asking for a moment where we get a dialogue option that is completely ridiculous and wouldn't work, like trying to make the illithid powers summon asmodeus...?

veteran
veteran
The list is sequential, as opposed to 4 separate easter eggs.

After a boring combat, the companions talk about how boring it was (which itself is somewhat fourth-wall breaking) and one of the dialogue options is a suggestion on how to make the combats more exciting by "summoning Asmodeus." Then, one of the companions (or the narrator?) responds to reject that idea by saying "that would break the linear story line!" breaking the fourth wall again.

That's my take on this.

addict
addict
I guess next question then is...who or what decides when combat is boring? Will there be a vote held by the party? A form the player fill in?

As for now, atleast for me, every fight feels the same, except maybe the more unique encounters ie minatours, phase matriarc, hag etc. Get to high ground, get Astarion in and out of hiding, when enemies get too close, shove them down again. Fight after fight.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
The list is sequential, as opposed to 4 separate easter eggs.

After a boring combat, the companions talk about how boring it was (which itself is somewhat fourth-wall breaking) and one of the dialogue options is a suggestion on how to make the combats more exciting by "summoning Asmodeus." Then, one of the companions (or the narrator?) responds to reject that idea by saying "that would break the linear story line!" breaking the fourth wall again.

That's my take on this.

You sir are a true mentalist.

Last edited by timebean; 19/05/21 11:19 PM.
old hand
old hand
Actually, why would we try to summon Asmodeus? He is flaky and Devils got that whole lawful thing going on with contracts, and might not even answer. Clearly it would be more fun to try and summon Graz'zt since he is a demon who definitely knows how to throw a not boring party and you got some guaranteed demonic corruption on the side, and he is known for being surprisingly easy to call up.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 19/05/21 11:48 PM.
A
A
That's a bit unfair. The battles with the adventurers outside and inside the crypt are very different, for a start. Both the undead fights are unique. Attack on Grove #1 is nothing like attack on Grove #2, the Hook Horrors present a fresh challenge, there's no sneaking-and-sniping at the Gith, you have to really work to get the high ground against the goblins at the camp gate and in the temple entrance, no high ground with the Spectator, the Paladins and the Gnolls are too close-quarters for ranged-attack cheese, it's not really viable against the Myconids, the Harpies, the Owlbear, the Ogres ...

There's also the option of, y'know, *not using* sneak-and-shoot cheese and exploring some other tactics.

Link Copied to Clipboard