Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
But here is where things get dicey - is it a problem that everyone is bisexual in Faerun (or at least all the companions), because the subtext suggest the opinion that sexuality isn't a fixed thing. To be sure, some people are bisexuals, but most people are either gay or straight - unless things work differently in the forgotten realms.

However, this also could be sending the message that sexuality is irrelevant! Which is pretty woke and makes a compelling point as well. That it is counterproductive to build characters based around a sexual orientation.

Or is it even much simpler than that - where the devs know that players are conditioned to have the expectation that they can romance companions and they simply said "Ok, have fun, they will sleep with anyone...literally a heartbeat is the requirement and maybe not even that in the case of Astarion - knock yourselves out"
Im not quite sure if we are suppose to start this topic again, since every other threat where it started was quite soon locked, since some people just started to take it personaly. ._.

But even tho i agree with this ...
I still concider it minor problem, compared to the fact that companions are willing to sleep with litteraly anything. :-/ Not just in matter of gender, but in mainly in matter of that word, people freak about, wich starts with R and ends with ACE.

One of main characteristic of Shadowheart is the fact that she hates Gith ... and she have realy good reason for it. But once you play gith, and once you manage to gather enough "aproval" points ... she no longer care, she is totally willing to spend her evening with you, kiss you, and probably even sleep with you in the future. :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I played for the priestess of gith. and SH didn't want to have anything to do with her at first. until the "voices" made her come to the camp. So what? at a party, she called my tav out on a date. perhaps this is just an indicator of trust and respect on her part. considering that she kept swearing on Liz. in general, this problem has existed since the beginning of all games. I remember playing Neverwinter 2 as a tiefling. and me, in the same way, the attitude of the NPC was upset. when they simply ignored her race and scolded one of the squad members for the same thing. I understand this is done for the comfort of the player. but this is not always "comfortable" for the player

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Passerby
Why? Your opinion of male gamers here is that we only want beautiful, simpering females?

No, I’m just pointing out that they’re really out there, and that it’s actually a much bigger topic of contention within that community than it is here.

Like you’re pretty much railroaded towards Arue or Queen Galfrey for a non evil play through in every possible meaning, and the latter isn’t even a playable character. Although to be fair, the nature of the entire adventure path tries to push you towards Arueshalae to begin with, because of the whole succubus trying to redeem herself thing. Her romance is by far the most developed.

(One of the other romances even locks you out of another playable companion. Granted, he’s also a romance and favoring him does the same to her, but he’s generally considered the better character in terms of characterization and combat role overall. Fighter archer VS Zen Archer Monk is a pretty unfair comparison when the latter is far more interesting in every possible way.)

Actually, it’s a pretty curious trend how there seems to be way more female characters that are unapologetically evil these days. Or have extremely dubious agendas. And that a good majority of them are romance able.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 22/05/21 08:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Im not quite sure if we are suppose to start this topic again, since every other threat where it started was quite soon locked, since some people just started to take it personaly. ._.

But even tho i agree with this ...
I still concider it minor problem, compared to the fact that companions are willing to sleep with litteraly anything. :-/ Not just in matter of gender, but in mainly in matter of that word, people freak about, wich starts with R and ends with ACE.

One of main characteristic of Shadowheart is the fact that she hates Gith ... and she have realy good reason for it. But once you play gith, and once you manage to gather enough "aproval" points ... she no longer care, she is totally willing to spend her evening with you, kiss you, and probably even sleep with you in the future. :-/

You are probably right. Its a sensitive topic. Best to leave it.

yeah and the Gith/Shadowheart thing makes no sense given her perception and the implications of her mission.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
I've never been too sure what the 'male gaze' is but I always assumed it wasn't about beauty as much as it was about presentation. Such as how the camera views a woman, or how her costume is designed. Not saying she has the most attractive face, a pretty subjective notion.

Last edited by Sozz; 22/05/21 08:12 PM.
stranger
stranger
Posting this here, I made a post in 10/2020. (https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=713276#Post713276)

"Hey I was referred to try and post this here smile I will catch up with the rest of this thread :P

My 1st post here! hello!

I'm new to BG just fyi lol and this is based on my 1st playthrough.

I'm loving the companions! They each have their complex background and motives.

I loved the party banter in DAI, and I love that this is in BG3, makes traveling with your party feel more real, having them add something when chatting to an NPC is always interesting as well. So please keep on working/adding to this as much as you are able to smile

Romance: I'm a good dude trying to help out whoever I can, and Gale loves this about me, and I love that we are going to get along and be best buds! I love that! but I was hoping Shadowheart would be like that too because she's bomb lol. Anyway I'm not entirely happy with the romance because she is very closed, and I do enjoy the chase and trying to "woo" and have her see the light, but I had a much easier time playing an evil character because she was more impressed! lol

Since I found it difficult to get to know her, I found it odd that she would sleep with me at the celebration party, even though I get its meant to be a drunk fling. However during the whole journey there is no mention of it, during NPC convos she doesn't defend or show any affection. I'm just saying its kinda lacking, and please forgive me if you find it annoying, but I love Dragon Age's way of doing these things. I don't want to make this long, but how about for once, maybe one character, its love at 1st sight? and you get married or move in together and grow on the journey together? lol

Just my initial thoughts for some options, I am really enjoying the game, and I know there is more to explore with the relationships as we go after EA. So if you read this thank you!"

Updated today XD

I don't know what happened to this thread but I'm going to give an update after 2 years? did I get what I wanted? I came back for patch 8 to see the bard class and too see if the romance (with shadowheart) had changed/did larian listen? In short, yes. It is now a more enjoyable and less frustrating experience. Being able to save her on the ship was definitely something I wanted. and depending on how you play seems like you can romance her pretty early, and the camp knowing y'all are together is a nice touch to making it more real. Now if romance banter as you walk along the map would be prime. If larian is watching this. keep going in this direction, its good to see!

C
stranger
stranger
C
For Shadowheart was the companion which I could romance with every playthrough.
Gale is more difficult. Maybe because I missed a camp fire dialogue with him.
In my last play as bard I talked to him the first time at the camp. At the second rest at the camp Raphael appears. After this the conversation about the tadpole and how the transform an infected person didn't appeared.

Doesn't anyone of you know if there is still the procedure which has to be done if Gale dies in a fight? This only happens for me in the first version and since then he never died in the fights.

Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard