Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
If you run through the game as a non-worshipper of Shar, and pick the right dialogue options, you get to have some fairly frank conversations with her about her god and her worship and she’s vulnerable an open about it even if she’s pretty fanatical.

But if you’re also a cleric of Shar, the additional dialogue options force you to be the kind of stuffy, old fashioned cleric Shadowheart isn’t, insisting on referring to her as a sister and always assuming unquestioning blind devotion to Shar. Tav comes off like an evangelical pastor in his 60s who shuns any expression of doubt. The only saving grace is Shadowheart’s prayer to Shar - but your responses to it all suck.

Could we have some more natural dialogue options? Discuss potential doubts? Commiserate on sacrifices made in Shar’s name? Can we be a bit less paternal and weird?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I haven't tried this path, but I'd imagine being a Cleric and using Cleric-specific dialogue options assumes more than a little bit of religious zeal on your part. If anything, Shadowheart is a very unusual Cleric, in her behaviour and commentary - on the surface she talks about her devotion to Shar but in her actions we can see a glimmer of something else underneath. That's what makes her interesting. Followers of Shar aren't expected to have doubts, like Shadowheart does.

(I did make a cleric of Selune to see what arguments Shadowheart and I could get into, but I was turned off by the overly religious references early on as well, so I didn't get far in the game with that character. I think I'll stick with my Druid, at least devotion to Nature is closer to home for me!)

Last edited by Alexandrite; 23/05/21 11:14 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I feel like Shadowheart was once a Cleric of Selune, captured by heretics of Shar and remade her a Cleric of Shar. Fits the whole brainwipe thing where she literally cant remember that long ago

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Reckem
I feel like Shadowheart was once a Cleric of Selune, captured by heretics of Shar and remade her a Cleric of Shar. Fits the whole brainwipe thing where she literally cant remember that long ago
Yeah, it's an ongoing fan theroy and I'm not sure if it was even confirmed by datamined content or not.
But frankly I don't think it has anything to do with what the OP was talking about.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
P
addict
addict
P
I played a cleric of shar, and through the dialogue choices I played through I didn't really get that result. But I don't just naturally choose a class specific reply. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. But yeah, there were some interesting branches of convo with Shadowheart as a fellow cleric of Shar. Interesting experiment, make a Cleric, than stack his strength and dex rather than the classic choices for that class. Choose duel wield and actually it is a fun play through, and you tear things up surprisingly. Not sure what that says about combat...

veteran
veteran
SharLolth's Web? hehe

So far Drow Druid dialog hasn't been as spectacular spiderwoman as I'd hoped. I think they should deep dive on some subterranean Shar for shadowdruids too, just to give a connect there as well. Like Viconia never really went into it much, other than bark tripping about the spider queen's vengeance, but now that Drow are getting an overhaul maybe go more for that? I also like the idea of a Silvanus/Eilistraee alter that is more roots than branches. Same deal for like deep veins of ore and dark water, just so the the Underdark druid concept has something to hold onto. Give Shadowheart and the Shadow druids another in like that?

Last edited by Black_Elk; 24/05/21 06:52 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Reckem
Yeah, it's an ongoing fan theroy and I'm not sure if it was even confirmed by datamined content or not.
But frankly I don't think it has anything to do with what the OP was talking about.
It kinda was, at least in last datamining video, Chubblot found some voiced lines, where Shadow specificly talks about Seluna ... and not at all in bad way.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard