Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#774127 24/05/21 05:17 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Just realized I forgot to post this here.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by ArcanaJayne; 24/05/21 05:17 AM.

Artist, Writer, Poet, Crank
Art, poetry, and prose of a grim and unserious nature.
https://www.lrjonte.com/
veteran
veteran
truly art allows us to strip away the façade, and peer into a subjects soul.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
This is pretty much why I hate party inventory management. Argh.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia
I'm more than a bit confused.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
A
veteran
veteran
A
"Drama queen" ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
That pic just says it all. 😄

Tuco #774158 24/05/21 12:14 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Tuco

You need to switch party members in and out of your current team to move stuff between inventories; and they often* complain when being dismissed. Still not as painful as it was in Mass Effect though. D:

* it may have been once, but that was enough!

J'aime le fromage.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Hahaha, glorious laugh

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
veteran
veteran
Although Astarion seems to be glad to stay in camp. More time to read, I guess (something I can rely too and the only redeeming quality of Astarion in my eyes - that he reads).

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
Dragon Age Origins (And I think 2 and Inquisition too) Circumvented this problem by allowing you to manage a companion while in the "Camp." That said, I feel like of the companions, Astarion is the most content to sit around, while Laezel is the least content.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I feel overwhelmed with this cuteness. :-/
Its brilliant!

Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Dragon Age Origins (And I think 2 and Inquisition too) Circumvented this problem by allowing you to manage a companion while in the "Camp." That said, I feel like of the companions, Astarion is the most content to sit around, while Laezel is the least content.
Problem its, that in both Dragon Age you are essential for the story ...
No one else can demand to fulfill those old contracts, no one else can kill the archdemon ... only Gray Warden can.
No one else can close the breaches ... only your PC can (cant remember any specific title, they used ... only inquisitor).

Here you have bunch of independend existences that are together, just bcs if one of them find any way to get rid of that tadpole, the rest dont need to look futher. :-/ To say it kinda harsh ... your character actualy dont matter, and if there will be none, for others there is no huge change. laugh
Therefore "you" cannot manage companions in camp, its true they dont have much reasons to stay ... yet they have even less reasons to do some work you give them meanwhile.

The only way i can imagine to manage "curently unused" (notice that i on purpose didnt use words "in camp") is scatter them to the world, and keep them as "temporary" companions ...
Wyll > Tracking goblins.
Lae'zel > Tracking her kin.
Astarion > Hunting in wilds to feed ... but to provide dinner for party, officialy. :P
Shadowheart > Finding the healer: She could show up in front of Auntie house.
Gale > Finging rare artifacts: Spawn him in some distant promixity of some artifacts saying something like "i can feel it, it should be around here somewhere".
etc. Just let them continue their story.

It would then not be like "stay in camp, bcs i, the compeltely random dude with no autority over you, just said so" ...
It would be more like "ok, lets get agreement, everyone shall look around ... and we meet here every evening, sharing what we found."

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 24/05/21 06:50 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran

You need to switch party members in and out of your current team to move stuff between inventories; and they often* complain when being dismissed. Still not as painful as it was in Mass Effect though. D:

huh, TIL. I never actually changed party in my entire playtime so far so I never realized you had to do that! Asterion and Wyll just sit in my camp permanently

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I admit, this was not at all the conversation I imagined might ensue at the posting of a quickie cartoon. That said, carry on.

Artist, Writer, Poet, Crank
Art, poetry, and prose of a grim and unserious nature.
https://www.lrjonte.com/
veteran
veteran
the subreddit might be more light-hearted for things like that smile this forum seems to be all about discussion over memes

Last edited by Boblawblah; 24/05/21 08:34 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Love it!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah

huh, TIL. I never actually changed party in my entire playtime so far so I never realized you had to do that! Asterion and Wyll just sit in my camp permanently

Astarion is one of your best damager dealers, just a murder-machine. Wyll is kind of meh though. His stats are poop.

Blackheifer
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
the subreddit might be more light-hearted for things like that smile this forum seems to be all about discussion over memes

Depends what people want to post, really. I may occasionally attempt to organise things but there's no prohibition on memes nor a "this is serious forum for serious business" edict... Some people (i.e. me) may go off on some tangent that's only, well, tangentially related, but y'know. I guess I should've at least commented about the picture which features a much cuddlier Astarion than we have in the game. I can kinda imagine "Astarion as a plushie" now.

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard