Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 45 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 44 45
old hand
old hand
I am fine with the streams and I actually enjoyed the last one, but I'd absolutely love to have a detailed list of each and every change.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
Ugh I know I'm in the minority on this, but I would much rather take the time to READ a detailed update than have to listen to a confusing streaming video any day.

I'm with you, I much prefer a straightforward written list over combing through hours of streamed 'entertainment' to find the information I'm interested in.

D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by gaymer
Please Larian, if you are reading this....

We do not need another streaming event for the next patch. The last one was inaudible and full of technical issues. That is time that could be spent on other things.

Ugh I know I'm in the minority on this, but I would much rather take the time to READ a detailed update than have to listen to a confusing streaming video any day.

It probably is a minority view, but I also vastly prefer reading to watching.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
I am fine with the streams and I actually enjoyed the last one, but I'd absolutely love to have a detailed list of each and every change.
The user Niara had a very competent write up summarizing why a lot of people were definitely not happy with it: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=96429&Number=757338#Post757338

Incidentally that was also more or less the time I sort of give up on my best expectations for this game and I decided to settle for way more modest outcomes.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by gaymer
Please Larian, if you are reading this....

We do not need another streaming event for the next patch. The last one was inaudible and full of technical issues. That is time that could be spent on other things.
Respectfully disagree ...
I enjoy those shows, they are funny, they are informative, and as far as i can say it seem like at least Swen is really enjoing making them. :P
Also, im a big fan of free will, so i believe that grown people should and will be able to decide what they want to do with their time. laugh

Why it allways have to be A or B? :-/
There are patchnotes ... what else would you like? o_O
(This sounds a little agressive when i read it, but i really dont know any other words ... sory. :-/ )

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
You're not in the minority here, but for players overall? Definitely. People seem to love having hype over substance. I'd much rather just have a boring list, or hell, I'd really like a video with a dev just going through the changes one at a time and what they're thinking currently without trying to be HYPE!!! all the time.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Why it allways have to be A or B? :-/
I'll take both, too! smile

addict
addict
I want the Rain dancer back.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
The user Niara had a very competent write up summarizing why a lot of people were definitely not happy with it: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=96429&Number=757338#Post757338

Incidentally that was also more or less the time I sort of give up on my best expectations for this game and I decided to settle for way more modest outcomes.

As stated, a sloppy Pannel that matches a sloppy game designed for the <millions>.
It lacks direction and vision, therefore is hard to be hopeful.

One thing is amazing news. Baldurs gate 2 and the modding community still going strong.
Building new quests, new playable characters, tons of content!

Another is Pathfinder Wrath of the rightheous. Turning out to be everything BG3 should of been, minus the cringy cinematic dialogues. Soon to be released.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 24/05/21 06:14 AM.
G
addict
addict
G
Two weeks ago promised update soon**** and nothing yet. Maybe in 30 more days.

veteran
veteran
I'm waiting for Larian people to start TEASING Patch #5 on twitter and then starting the two-weeks countdown for the public community update, followed by the actual patch MAYBE one week later.
See you in a while.

Last edited by Tuco; 24/05/21 03:11 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>

Unless you're the Solasta devs, in which 'soon' usually meant 'less than a week before we announce an update that was at most 2 weeks away from releasing'. Though the devs there make it very clear that they're working within reasonable limitations and not shooting for the moon, which is a rarity in this industry.

Then again, they also might have adopted that approach because they saw quite a number of people raging about the wait for BG3's patch 4 release within their own discord, and decided they didn't want any of that business.

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 09:26 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
I'm waiting for Larian people to start TEASING Patch #5 on twitter and then starting the two-weeks countdown for the public community update, followed by the actual patch MAYBE one week later.
See you in a while.
E3 is June 12 to 15, so perhaps the twitter teasing for patch 5 will commence next week! celebrate

addict
addict
My hopes:
Game gets 2 more years of dev. For more playablr NPCs and content.
Grittier and darker, more adult game. Not just, heres <sex>now its adult. Adult THEMES and dialogues.
Revamped controls and UI.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Grittier and darker, more adult game. Not just, heres <sex>now its adult. Adult THEMES and dialogues.
Like what?

Like what?

More underdark, no darkvision and lots of spores wink

veteran
veteran
Like what?

Wracking my brain on this one as well.

we have:
Genocide
Torture
Cannibalism
Slavery
Whatever is going on with Volo and that Goblin.
Forced impregnation
Kidnapping
Murder
Theft
Debauchery
Alcoholism
Racism
baby eating

...Off the top of my head. I just think we have become desensitized to what constitutes 'adult'.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 25/05/21 11:35 AM.

Blackheifer
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Like what?

we have:
Genocide
Torture
Cannibalism
Slavery
Forced impregnation
Kidnapping
Murder
Theft
Debauchery
Alcoholism
Racism
baby eating

...Off the top of my head. I just think we have become desensitized to what constitutes 'adult'.

Agreed, it's already pretty dark as it is!!
You encounter a talking brain in half a human skull on the operating table in the first 3 minutes of the game. Definitely not for kids.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Like what?

we have:
Genocide
Torture
Cannibalism
Slavery
Forced impregnation
Kidnapping
Murder
Theft
Debauchery
Alcoholism
Racism
baby eating

Agreed, it's already pretty dark as it is!!
You encounter a talking brain in half a human skull on the operating table in the first 3 minutes of the game. Definitely not for kids.

The point is probably more that you are never really thinking about those things. They are presented for a shock effect and then they are gone and never mentioned again.

veteran
veteran
Forced impregnation
Either i missed something ...
Or this is the most collorfull description of inserting tadpole i ever seen. laugh

Page 18 of 45 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard