Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Worked pretty well up until around the time I got to Fort Joy. Now, whenever any effect is applied to characters/environment the sound cuts out and the game crashes a few seconds later. I've been able to brute force my way through the game by Quick Saving as soon as the sound cuts out, but that's going to quickly wear out its welcome since after reloading it usually crashes again after 5 to 60 seconds.

I'm on the latest iPad Air, BTW.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I’m on the iPad Pro 2018 (11”) and am encountering a similar issue. I’ve had the sound cut out and freeze happen 5 times in the span of a 1 hour session. Each time it was in a fight, and it required quick saving before the encounter, crashing, Force closing the app, loading the save and then commencing the fight fresh. Then it would be fine until the second fight, where the crash begins anew.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Игра зависает в случайных местах, но всегда в одних и тех же. Пропадает звук и через пять секунд перестаёт реагировать на что либо. Полагаю, что проблема в звуках. Пример мест, где зависает: при взрыве двери бочкой на корабле в начале игры, на верхней палубе во время атаки посохом «Импровизированный посох», во время создания персонажа при прослушивании истории Ифан бен Мезд. Обойти зависание можно следующим способом: после пропажи звука у вас есть примерно пять секунд для быстрого сохранения, затем игра зависает, вы ее перезапускаете с последнего сохранения. И так каждый раз при пропаже звука. Так играть невозможно, запросил у Apple возврат средств, надеюсь данные ошибки исправят в будущем. iPad Pro 11 2020, DualShock.

Upd: проблема оказалась в наушниках подключённых по блютуз (Sony WH-1000XM4)

Upd2: когда оставляешь какое-то одно устройство, все работает как надо. Я предполагаю, что проблема в вибрации и она (проблема) не уходит даже после программного отключения в настройках.

——————————————

Google translate:
The game freezes in random places, but always in the same places. The sound disappears and after five seconds it stops responding to anything. I guess the problem is in the sounds. An example of where it hangs: when a door explodes with a barrel on a ship at the beginning of the game, on the upper deck during an “Improvised Staff” staff attack, during character creation while listening to the story of Ifan ben Mezd. You can work around the freeze in the following way: after the loss of sound, you have about five seconds to quickly save, then the game freezes, you restart it from the last save. And so every time there is a loss of sound. It's impossible to play this way, I asked Apple for a refund, I hope these errors will be corrected in the future. iPad Pro 11 2020, DualShock.

Upd: the problem turned out to be in the headphones connected via bluetooth (Sony WH-1000XM4)

Upd2: when you leave one device, everything works as it should. I assume that the problem is vibration and it (problem) does not go away even after the software shutdown in the settings.

Last edited by axnikonov; 26/05/21 01:15 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I fixed the crashing during fights by disconnecting my Bluetooth headset.

Last edited by SunlessMoon78; 29/05/21 02:40 AM.
Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by SunlessMoon78
I fixed the crashing during fights by disconnecting my Bluetooth headset but now I am getting the error “your device needs at least 1.76 gb of free space to download the remaining data. Please free up some space and try again.” This is happening right after the end of the video where the octopus sinks the ship. Have you encountered this issue and what do you recommend I do to fix the issue?
My 11 inch iPad Pro 2018 has 32 GB of free space so this error should not be happening.

The bluetooth headphone issue is known, we're investigating this. And the incorrect detection of file size issue will be addressed in a future update.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Same problem for me, except that it seems to happen exclusively in Braccus Rex's vault. The first time, I just escaped, and continued playing peacefully elsewhere, but now I'm back there. I passed the room where the statue asks two riddles, and it is always the same: the fight starts, and it is at the beginning of the third round, that the game freezes. More exactly, only the graphics freezes: by using the keyboard, I can hear that the fight is still going on.

I play on a MacBook pro 2020 1,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5. Everything works perfectly, I love the game so much, but this starts to be really annoying... any solutions currently? Hopefully this problem will soon solved in future update.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
We've just released a hotfix for iPad, if this does not fix the issues you have encountered please reach out to us at support@larian.com so we can investigate for you!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard