Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 45 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 44 45
D
stranger
stranger
D
You know what would really keep me interested in playing this EA game? If the devs actually communicated with the player base on at least a SEMI regular basis. We haven't heard a peep out of Larian in almost a month, and the last community update WAS IN FEBRUARY!!!...........

It's hard to continue to stay interested when it feels like Larian has abandoned the project...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DrDrizzyT
You know what would really keep me interested in playing this EA game? If the devs actually communicated with the player base on at least a SEMI regular basis. We haven't heard a peep out of Larian in almost a month, and the last community update WAS IN FEBRUARY!!!...........

It's hard to continue to stay interested when it feels like Larian has abandoned the project...
Ah, but we have heard a more recent peep. A little over 2 weeks ago Larian announced that they'd "be back soon" with a community update about how they process feedback. Unclear how long they mean by "soon" though; could be next week, could be 3 weeks from now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D
stranger
stranger
D
Yah, that was the hotfix at the beginning of the month.....and then total silence. lol

veteran
veteran
Yah, that was the hotfix at the beginning of the month.....and then total silence. lol
Most of the previous times Larian's said that something was coming "soon" or "around the corner," it arrived 2 weeks after that announcement. So I was expecting this past week.

I've shifted my expectations to next week, and 3 weeks isn't a terrible definition of "soon" given the likely 2-year EA period of this game. But if the community update isn't next week then I really would have preferred that Larian either didn't use the word "soon" or had not told us until later. Of course, if instead post a quick notice: "We were planning to present a community update this week but were delayed," I'd be disappointed but perfectly accepting of that. At the very least I'd appreciate the communication.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Absolutely agree. And that's my beef. If they would at least put something, ANYTHING, out on a consistent basis. a single tweet, every other week would suffice. Anything would be better than just going dark for months at a time. That's just not how you interact with your devoted player base.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Most of the previous times Larian's said that something was coming "soon" or "around the corner," it arrived 2 weeks after that announcement. So I was expecting this past week.

I've shifted my expectations to next week, and 3 weeks isn't a terrible definition of "soon" given the likely 2-year EA period of this game. But if the community update isn't next week then I really would have preferred that Larian either didn't use the word "soon" or had not told us until later. Of course, if instead post a quick notice: "We were planning to present a community update this week but were delayed," I'd be disappointed but perfectly accepting of that. At the very least I'd appreciate the communication.
While it's somewhat amusing to throw cheap jabs at Larian for being poor at managing this EA stuff, I'm saving my ACTUAL lamentations of pain for when the update will be out and it will consist on:

- several paragraphs of irrelevant factoids about who fucked Minthara and who Astarion or something
- few patronizing lines about how they are "totally listening to us" and how invaluable our opinions are
- not a single problem the community highlighted since the beginning actually being acknowledged, let alone addressed or solved.
- MAYBE one more class and still no new races.

Last edited by Tuco; 29/05/21 02:47 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
- not a single problem the community highlighted since the beginning actually being acknowledged, let alone addressed or solved.
This is pointless ... -_-

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
This is pointless ... -_-
You'll have to elaborate, because it's not clear what you are EXACTLY trying to say here.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
The same i said like hunderts time allready ...
No matter what Larian do, all you give them is "you did nothing" unless they do exactly what YOU want, the way YOU want, and imediatly since YOU refuse to wait ...
(the word YOU is there as pronoun, that can be substituted with any impatient forum user, that claims that Larian did "no major change")

If you cant see the difference, then use this guide:
https://screenrant.com/baldurs-gate-3-update-patch-branch-save-file/
And try to play Patch 1 ... then replay the same with Patch 4.

Maybe then you shall see all those "not even single problem the comunity highligted" that was "not changed at all". -_-

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 29/05/21 10:36 AM.

veteran
veteran
Well, Larian can do whatever the hell they want, but YEAH, I'll keep calling them out when most of their fixes are about shit no one ever asked for (like "loaded dices", "mushrooms and herbs that don't take a bonus action to eat") and not a single major point broadly highlighted by the community at large is being addressed.

I don't give a shit if you think it's just me being "capricious", "entitled" or whatever, I'm not going to give Larian a pass for releasing a game with controls that ANTAGONIZE the players rather than assisting them or with arbitrary changes to the combat core mechanics that don't make the fights feel better by any possible metric.

Your answer basically boils down to "WEEEEEELL, MAYBE THEY DIDN'T FIX THE PROBLEMS YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT BUT THEY TWEAKED SOME RANDOM SHIT ANYWAY".
Ok, so? Are they expected a round of applause just because they are actually developing a software rather than just pretending, here?

Virtually no one likes their control scheme, the whole chain/unchain system.
Virtually no one seems to like the custom changes they made to the core D&D rules, not even people who are NOT INTO the D&D rules to begin with. The only people who seem to be fine with it are the ones that "are fine with whatever".
Even among the above-mentioned part of the user base "fine with whatever" everyone seems to agree "jump for disengage" and similar crap are downright stupid and disruptive to the combat.
A lot of people expressed concerns about how exploitable and unbalanced the food-as-a-healing-source is in the game. Especially since you can use it in combat.
The long rest/camp system is still a half-baked amorphous mess no one seems to be particularly fond of. It's an awkward and immersion-breaking solution merged with an abusable convenience.
The decision of skipping any work on a day/night cycle from the get go is not making anyone happy. At best you have people who are indifferent for it, people who are unhappy about it and people who think they are in the first group but will realize over time what they are missing and jump on the second.

Last edited by Tuco; 29/05/21 11:03 AM.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
shit no one ever asked for (like "loaded dices")
Didnt they:
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=772117
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=770672
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=769291
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=768429

And those are only results from first paige searching keywords "frustrating RNG" ... :-/
Kinda lot of "no-ones". O_o

Your answer basically boils down to "WEEEEEELL, MAYBE THEY DIDN'T FIX THE PROBLEMS YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT BUT THEY TWEAKED SOME RANDOM SHIT ANYWAY".
Well, cant say it surprises me that you see it like this, since anything that is not your prirotity is "random sh**", right? -_-
It took few hunderts of years for humans to understand that Sun is not spining around Earth ... i wonder how long it would take you to understand that World is not spining around you. :-/

//edit:
Do you know that caps lock dont make your arguments more valid? O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 29/05/21 11:28 AM.

veteran
veteran
Relax with your attitude a bit, @RagnarokCzD. I've noticed your last few posts are a bit confrontational. We can disagree with eachother and criticise criticism without making it personal.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, yeah, you can keep your cheap attempts at guilt-tripping people for yourself, frankly, because you aren't impressing anyone.

And that's without going ONCE AGAIN in a long-winded back and forth on the difference between actually fixing things and implement a crutch that just circumvents the problem, as loaded dices are toward the "too much RNG" problem.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by The Composer
Relax with your attitude a bit, @RagnarokCzD. I've noticed your last few posts are a bit confrontational. We can disagree with eachother and criticise criticism without making it personal.
I must say it kinda surprises me that my name is standing there allone ... O_o
I would say that to argue, at least two are needed usualy. :-/

But i get it, i try to stick on facts more.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 29/05/21 11:33 AM.

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
That are just few examples, certainly not whole list.
And did you notice at least ONE topic telling them "we appreciate you listened to us, and we like this change" ?
Or did you notice litteraly countless topics about "they do nothing" wich actualy means "they didnt do what I WANTED" ?

Honestly Rag, I just gave up trying to have conversations about it. It was like beating my head against a table with some posters. So I just let them rant and move on to posts that interest me, it keeps my blood pressure lower. The expectations of constant communication that is expected of Larian is kind of astounding. If they kept in constant contact like some want, they wouldn't have time to actually finish the game.

Are there some things I want personally, Hell yeah! But I am not going on about it so obsessively and what does that actually achieve anyways? I guess it is good to vent, but trying to have a discussion here is like talking politics today here in the states, and I would just rather not do it.

It is just a shame about KOTOR, I mean hell if I was Lucas, seeing the quality of that fan remake, I would have bought it off them and had them finish it and market it. It is better than the crap LucasStudios is putting out today anyways.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
Honestly Rag, I just gave up trying to have conversations about it.
And yet you never gave up on your habit of sniping passive-aggressive remarks at other users indirectly, because for some reason it makes you MAD that they aren't joyful about anything that is going on with the EA as you seem to be.

The expectations of constant communication that is expected of Larian is kind of astounding. If they kept in constant contact like some want, they wouldn't have time to actually finish the game.
Yeah, we can make up all sort of fictional retellings of what's going on, but pretending that people being unhappy about almost three months of complete radio silence from Larian is the same as demanding an official communicate every few days is a bit of a joke.
At this point we don't even know if there's any reason to feel any sense of anticipation for the next patch, let alone when it's going to be.

t is just a shame about KOTOR, I mean hell if I was Lucas, seeing the quality of that fan remake, I would have bought it off them and had them finish it and market it. It is better than the crap LucasStudios is putting out today anyways.
KOTOR is getting an official remake by ASPYR, by the way. It's one of worst kept secrets in the gaming industry today.
That's why the amateur one was shut down.

Last edited by Tuco; 29/05/21 01:09 PM.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
Honestly Rag, I just gave up trying to have conversations about it.
And yet you never gave up on your habit of sniping passive-aggressive remarks at other users indirectly, because for some reason it makes you MAD that they aren't joyful about anything that is going on with the EA as you seem to be.
[snip]

Enough. Quit sniping at each other, guys. <_<

J'aime le fromage.
Meh, BG3 is one of the biggest disappointments for an EA I've experienced. Not as bad as Halo Wars 2 was, but it's definitely bad.

Looking at Pathfinder WotR's progress from a distance, I wish I'd invested in them over Larian at this point. If I had the option to get a refund I would have certainly done so by now due to the incredibly poor communication and lack of any major progress.

veteran
veteran
You know what annoys me about this silence? It's the fact that Larian probably has a roadmap and they know exactly how they want the game to look like, but they are keeping quiet about it.

Why? I think it's a bullshit PR reason - they want us to think we have more influence than we actually have on the final product, and by keeping us guessing they keep hope for change alive, as well as keeping the forum active and subsequently keep interest in the game without any effort on their part.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
As if they added surface effects to cantrips, change HP and AC numbers, create clumsy chain, and other things ...
Just so they can fix it all over time and look good? laugh

I would say that sounds like a little conspiracy ...
But even if, then you all should rest easy ... since everything you dont like about the game will be removed, no matter if you mention it or not. laugh

Page 22 of 45 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard