Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
We haven't heard anything official since the beginning of May, and the last community update was in FEBRUARY....Are we going to be getting any information on the status of development or anything? I would expect so, this being EA, and Larian apparently being so invested in player feedback and all.

It's difficult to stay invested in the EA cycle if it feels like the entire project has stagnated, because the devs have literally ZERO official communications with their apparently valued community...

I'm just wondering if we should continue to invest our time into testing the game or not.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Yeah I must say, I too, am starting to get annoyed.

I haven't played it in months. Besides this slow, slow process...I have no complaints. I pretty much have loved everything about EA so far, and the game/story and depth of it. I think this is my first post even though I've been lurking the entire time. There have been plenty of posts I wanted to chime in...but just...didn't...or couldn't. Everything I'd want to say has been said pretty much, by every viewpoint haha.

But I've pretty much had to put the game out of my mind, because there is just nothing released. I've put 173 hours into it, not sure if I can put anymore until it's officially released.

I'll continue being patient, but it would be nice if Larian could at least from their social media, post SOMETHING besides this cheesy romantic fan art that look like the diaries of a 7th grade girl. And I have NO complaints about the romance in the game or anything about that side of things at all, but the romantic fan art stuff is just ultimate cheese to me...I dunno...

I like the way romance is handled in the game at least...

I just am ready to play the full release already...or at least have some meaningful expansion. I know these things take time, which is why I haven't complained until now...but...well, enough time has passed IMO to be at least a little salty...

Last edited by Baronvonheadless; 29/05/21 12:38 AM.
veteran
veteran
The most recent news post would answer part of your concern, in that a larger community update is being brewed. You can read it here.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Thanks Composer, I appreciate the link. And I read it previously. It just seems like 'SOON' is so arbitrary. What does that mean? in a few days? a few weeks? a few months? We have no idea because communication has been so poor and inconsistent. I don't think the community is asking for much. A tweet once a week, letting us know 'We're neck deep in *insert random game development item*' would at least let us know that the game is continuing to progress. As it stands, everyone is completely in the dark about current development that we were told we'd be a part of. I haven't played the game since patch 4, and I don't see myself picking it back up anytime soon. Which is a tragedy, because I don't think you'll find a bigger supporter of both Larian, Baldur's Gate, and D&D in general.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

veteran
veteran
You aren't alone. 300+ hours and I was going strong. Now, really starting to fade. Why? Because all we're doing is saying the same things out here and having the same arguments about what should be in the game. With no info at all as to what they are even working on, I feel like Im maybe wasting my time. I WANT to believe they are still working hard and taking our feedback serious, but with NO communication, it is starting to seriously wear on me.

And some on the forums are speeding up that weariness. SOME communication more frequently would be better than one big communication every six months.

Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>

I hope they are not waiting for us to send them Beer or something similar... <grins>

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 09:13 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
enthusiast
enthusiast
Their community-relations department may be sorely lacking, but at least Steam Database helps me keep the faith because they've been updating things multiple times a day now.
They've got to be close to releasing something...right?

Banned
Banned
I've uninstalled the game about a month or so ago. I don't see any point in giving Larian any more in-game player input since I'm not convinced Larian actually cares enough about DnD combat rules to refrain from interpreting data in a way that will conform to their own preconceived notions of what "fun" and "creative tactical decisions" mean. That is, I think they already believe what makes turn-based combat fun (their gimmicky combat) and read into the data whatever that will conform to that belief. I don't wish to give them any more data for them to misread.

Larian isn't going to change their communication style, or they would have already. In the mean time, there are just too many games out there to spend my time on. I'm sure Larian is still working on the game, there is no question of Larian running away with our money and leaving us in the lurch with an incomplete game. They will finish it, and they will make it how they think will suit their brand. If the final product has the shitty combat it has now, then BG3 will be the last game I bought from Larian, as I didn't enjoy DOS2's combat either.

E
addict
addict
E
Couldn't agree more with the OP. I invested in BG3 (first time ever buying an EA game) in the vain hope that mine and others' feedback would, where relevant, be acknowledged, considered and then ideally addressed whether certain feedback would be dismissed or incorporated and the reasoning behind those decisions.

A handful of statements such as 'we're listening, we fixed cantrips!", "we added loaded dice" don't really address some obvious feedback such as the almost universally panned party control system. Some open communication would have a gone a long way to lessen the endless hamster wheel of bringing up the same points over and over again with no word from Larian as to what their plans are. It certainly conveys a sense of that Larian already know what they want to do and won't deviate too much from that plan. I would love to be proven wrong but at this stage I struggle to see myself ever playing this game again, bar some major changes.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by DrDrizzyT
I'm just wondering if we should continue to invest our time into testing the game or not.
This sentence is pure gold. laugh
"Invested his time" to play a game. laugh

I realy would like to say something to topic, but i cant help the feeling that the only acurate reaction would be posting picture of infant with tears in his eyes. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I realy would like to say something to topic, but i cant help the feeling that the only acurate reaction would be posting picture of infant with tears in his eyes. :-/

Yep. All of the "are we there yet?" reminds me of my 4 year old. :P

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I dont want to be mean ... i get they do want it ... i want it too.
But honestly ... how could anyone believe that write an angry topic will help somehow? O_o

Do people really believe that Larian pays someone to check media, and estimate the level of anger within the fan base ... bcs they refuse to tell us anything "until we are angry enough" ? O_o
Since that would be the only reason i would get to write this. :-/

veteran
veteran
Let's be the better wo/men and rise above the personal mockery, shall we?

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I think it's fair to expect that Larian monitors their forums for feedback. That's the point after all, isn't it? I just think that if Larian is so dedicated to receiving our feedback, and that if a post gets enough attention, they might make modifications to their process where appropriate. All I'm saying here is the communication with their EA participants needs to be better.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Are we not all a part of the EA process to play the game and give constructive feedback on our experiences? Isn't that the point of this entire thing? I paid FULL PRICE for a game that is YEARS away from being completed, under the guise of actively being a part of a community that plays the game and provides constructive feedback to the developers, in order for them to make community driven changes that will make the game better in the end. 'Investing my time' seems appropriate.

All I'm asking for (and what I think a lot of people are asking for) from Larian is better communication. We all have invested our time and money into this game in order to make it better for a company that will no doubt make MILLIONS off of the brand name alone. The least they could do, is communicate with the EA base a little bit better.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Yes, you did ...
You did pay the full price for game that you were told is still in development ... its one of "i have read and agreed to the terms and conditions" ... i get that you might not like the conditions now, since you didnt read too carefull and more like "expect" ... but that is not Larian's fault. :-/

Yes, you are ...
You are part of comunity that is suppose to give constructive feedback on your experiences for developers ... and they take your feedback under concideration with future planning ... i get that many people would like it working as pure democracy, as if "when this petition will get 10,000 signs, Larian is by the law forced to change XY to exact specifications writed in this petition" ... but its not. :-/
Its still their project, and it will (and imho should be) driven by their vision, since it will ultimately be their business card (is this expression used in english?) in the future.
So it seem quite understandable, that Larian will do interface as they want, combat as they want, spells as they want, rules as they want ... then we test it, and tell them "we dont like this, we would like it like this" ... they take that feedback, and try to find a way how to make it as they want ... but more to our liking.

Also notice how many people is actualy typing on this forum ...
I counted few dozens, maybe hundert, since i dont check every part of forum too carefully ... but in topics im watching its usualy the same names over and over, never more than 20. :-/
Larian sold millions of copies, and they get data from most people, if not everyone ... so even if there will be hunderts of people complaining about XY (Barellmancy for example, or high ground and flanking rules) yet Larian will see that 750k players across the world are using XY as they are implemented ...
It seem quite understandable that they would expect that "majority likes it". :-/

And even if anything else ...
I still dont believe that topic with this name, stating when we get last news is any helpfull. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 29/05/21 11:10 AM.

S
addict
addict
S
I dont want to be mean ... i get they do want it ... i want it too.
But honestly ... how could anyone believe that write an angry topic will help somehow? O_o

I don't feel like OP wrote an 'angry topic' at all. They merely stated that the communication from Larian's side is lacking. Given how Larian stated multiple times that community feedback and communication is an important process in this EA for them, I think this is a fair argument.

I still dont believe that topic with this name, stating when we get last news is any helpfull. :-/

This is a feedback forum, and we give feedback. It is Larian's job to decide if that feedback is helpful or not.

veteran
veteran
Do we really need 2 topics about Larian's poor communication skill?

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Sigi98
This is a feedback forum, and we give feedback. It is Larian's job to decide if that feedback is helpful or not.
Feel free to concider it mine feedback. wink

A
veteran
veteran
A
I can only say that I do know why I don't do Early Accress *hardly ever*.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard