Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 45 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 44 45
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
There is such a saying in our country:

"Ladies, once a man says he will do something ... he will DO it ... and there is no need to remind him every six months."

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Abits
I just want to raise another issue about communication and good will in regards to owlcat. Take a look at this forum. Why is it that a big studio like Larian doesn't invest some minimal resources in upgrading these old forum systems? How come a much smaller studios like Owlcat has a much more comfortable and presentable forum systems? Just another example of how much Larian seem to care about their community.
At least we still have a forum. Bethesda seems to think Discord is one now, they shut down all of their forums. Try having an opinion or suggestion in that mess.

It would be nice if Larian would communicate more. I have only been involved with EA games a couple of times other than this one (the mess that became SWL and currently SCUM) and with both of these, the developers were/are actively engaged with the community. Here it is just depressing and makes me feel like there was no point to buying early. I only bought early because they claimed to want help testing the evil path.

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Zarna
I just want to raise another issue about communication and good will in regards to owlcat. Take a look at this forum. Why is it that a big studio like Larian doesn't invest some minimal resources in upgrading these old forum systems? How come a much smaller studios like Owlcat has a much more comfortable and presentable forum systems? Just another example of how much Larian seem to care about their community.
At least we still have a forum. Bethesda seems to think Discord is one now, they shut down all of their forums. Try having an opinion or suggestion in that mess.

It would be nice if Larian would communicate more. I have only been involved with EA games a couple of times other than this one (the mess that became SWL and currently SCUM) and with both of these, the developers were/are actively engaged with the community. Here it is just depressing and makes me feel like there was no point to buying early. I only bought early because they claimed to want help testing the evil path.

But they later said they have their own testers and things and they do QA internally. So which one is it?

addict
addict
Too bad BG3 isnt a niche RPG game actually (^.^)

Speaking of which...Black Isle just re-released Baldurs gate Dark Alliance and looks to be an amazing port the Switch. Whats up with their contract/rights with Baldurs gate?? Any hopes for a BG4 game from them ?!

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 03/06/21 05:28 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

Yeah, Freddo (occasional co-mod here too) just told me about that. :| I'm quite sad really. I arrived there in the TESF "Oblivion Tan" era and felt quite at home there; of course "not as good as it used to be" had already gone through several iterations by that time and I did the same once it became BGSF and switched to the post-apocalyptic black-and-grey theme, but it still pootled along until the pretty disastrous switch to the monochrome smartphone-styled "games discussion only" format. I think the end was inevitable really.

Although forums in general are seeing much less traffic than they used to, there's no plans to "outsource" Larian Forums to social media or Discord and they're still the same as they always were except for periodic software updates. IMHO the early Divinity-era theme could do with an update (and I've toyed with the idea myself but I'm no sort of graphic designer) and doing so would probably annoy more people than anything.

As for communication, I have my own thoughts about that but I'm not sure another opinion would be helpful. I don't know any more than anyone else though, fwiw.

J'aime le fromage.
G
addict
addict
G
Is anyone even sure Larian is showcasing at EA? I cannot find anything listed with their name or BG3 on the schedule....

Can someone link me?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by gaymer
Is anyone even sure Larian is showcasing at EA?
I'm fairly sure they are NOT, actually.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Tuco
Is anyone even sure Larian is showcasing at EA?
I'm fairly sure they are NOT, actually.

If that is the case, then EA has nothing to do with this excessive delay. A community update teased over 3 weeks ago now and we know it takes them at least 2 weeks to actually drop the patch thereafter.

This patch should have more than just 1 class added and maybe multi-classing or something.

The lack of communication compaired to some other companies is very underwhelming. @Vometia

Its not to put down Larion but it just comes off that way when they don't stand out and interact more with the community. A lot of developers are more forward and interactive with players of there games. While not all of them are Electronic Arts being a prime example of bad habbits. Where you get companies like square and blizzard while they are larger companies the people they have working on a any specific game tend to be around the same numbers as bg 3 has overall if not a little less. Larion is one of the few developers that seems to be lacking in regular weekly/bi-weekly communication with its players through out the EA/Beta phase of developement.

We get spurts where they briefly respond to patch bugs ect but general community response is just not good when you compare it to other companies. It feels like they need to be more engaged even if its a 1 hour Q&A stuff like that to keep people engaged and keep them up to date where things are. While its nice to keep somethings under wraps its also good to provide teasers and news updates to engage people. Ive been up and down on ratings since the release of the game on how I have felt about it from a 10 to a 4 then up to a 7 and now down to a 3 on reviews and most of this is purely based on lack of communication and what feels like incredibly slow updates when you compare it specifically to games in the same genra.

If I was looking at what makes or breaks a game long term and replay-ability the ability to keep people engaged is a big part of that. Patching bugs releasing new content or updates on a regular basis prevents people from deviating from a game and losing interest.

veteran
veteran

If Larian is aspiring to be Bethesda we really have no business talking here

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
old hand
old hand
But they later said they have their own testers and things and they do QA internally. So which one is it?
This would be nice to know. I would have waited to buy if they had just come out and said that to begin with.

Originally Posted by vometia
Although forums in general are seeing much less traffic than they used to, there's no plans to "outsource" Larian Forums to social media or Discord and they're still the same as they always were except for periodic software updates.
This makes me happy. I would hate to have to sift through all the ridiculous crap people talk about on Discord to find anything of value being mentioned. This is probably the point though, they don't want to hear about any bugs or constructive criticism and think only rainbows and unicorns and how many times someone farted in a day are more important.

If Larian is aspiring to be Bethesda we really have no business talking here
Larian has a long way to go to get to that level of aggravation for me. This is the first game I have played by them, there are several things I wish for improvement with but I can give them a chance. Bethesda just keeps ruining FO76. It was advertised as having pvp and being a survival game, but they ruined both of these and keep making other things worse. Those are the only two reasons I bought FO76 and now I am done with Bethesda multiplayer games. Not sure if I will play older Larian games if the equivalent of barrelmancy is the expected playstyle, but I would consider future games of theirs if this one comes out well.

veteran
veteran
I'm honestly not sure what you guys are so confused about.
No self-respecting developers would go without an internal group for QA/testing, regardless of how big is the user base giving feedback.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia
Although forums in general are seeing much less traffic than they used to, there's no plans to "outsource" Larian Forums to social media or Discord and they're still the same as they always were except for periodic software updates.
This makes me happy. I would hate to have to sift through all the ridiculous crap people talk about on Discord to find anything of value being mentioned. This is probably the point though, they don't want to hear about any bugs or constructive criticism and think only rainbows and unicorns and how many times someone farted in a day are more important.
+1 ... Discord is, well ... discord. laugh

[img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/v...ale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20190820094402[/img]

old hand
old hand
It's been extremely fun watching the BG3 subreddit suddenly take a left turn into being overly critical of the game within the past week. Now that it's sinking in that we're probably in for a much longer wait for any scrap of new information than anyone ever anticipated, people have been given the time to go through and critically analyze the game's various systems, because there's nothing distracting the masses anymore and hardly anything else to talk about.

Forced memes have a shelf life. Unaddressed problems don't.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 04/06/21 06:20 PM.
veteran
veteran
Don't get too optimist about this.
For the most part they are still rabidly overdefensive against any criticism toward the game.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I would just say that there is more negativity, bcs there is many new people, who get here just to grumble about the lack of new info ...
But in general, i dont thrust anything major changed.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
It's been extremely fun watching the BG3 subreddit suddenly take a left turn into being overly critical of the game within the past week. Now that it's sinking in that we're probably in for a much longer wait for any scrap of new information than anyone ever anticipated, people have been given the time to go through and critically analyze the game's various systems, because there's nothing distracting the masses anymore and hardly anything else to talk about.

Forced memes have a shelf life. Unaddressed problems don't.
I think the romance phase is over. Although I have a feeling shove might still be popular on Reddit.

G
addict
addict
G
Larian will be forced to act if user reviews on Steam and elsewhere begin to tank due to 100+ days of nothing.

veteran
veteran
Larian will be forced to act if user reviews on Steam and elsewhere begin to tank due to 100+ days of nothing.

Review brigading is probably not the most clever idea, particularly when we don't even know why it's taking a while. Insisting on a developer to hurry instead of taking its time begs for lacking content and polish. At best, you're incentivizing a Cyberpunk 2077, at worst you risk damaging future interests of doing Early Access in the first place, which does have a lot of positives for the development approach. It might test us with patience of looking forward to the full experience at times, and it'd admittedly be great to hear more during the process and it's completely valid to have critique about its pacing and approach, but bullying someone into anything has never lead to anything good that has a long-term positive influence.

old hand
old hand
Honestly, I don't want them to rush anything. My thing is I want them to start "talking" to us. And bullying them into it will likely not end well.

Page 28 of 45 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard