Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
One of two things. Either I am doing it wrong or the Githyanki fight is too difficult for the current level. Every time combat is initiated, of which can not be avoided save never letting Lah'Zael get near them in the first place, They get the drop everytime and wipe out half my party and nearly killing the other half before I can even act. And that is from just 2 of the Gith.

So again, either I am doing it wrong or there is something wrong with the encounter that needs fixing.

Any suggestions?

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Talislee
One of two things. Either I am doing it wrong or the Githyanki fight is too difficult for the current level. Every time combat is initiated, of which can not be avoided save never letting Lah'Zael get near them in the first place, They get the drop everytime and wipe out half my party and nearly killing the other half before I can even act. And that is from just 2 of the Gith.

So again, either I am doing it wrong or there is something wrong with the encounter that needs fixing.

Any suggestions?

Its the hardest fight in the game up there with the bullette. They are level 5 which means they get multiple attack's per round so they are ahead of you on the action economy.

There is no way around it, you need to buff the hell out of your party. This is where Potions of speed need to be saved for, as well as Hill giant strength.

First you will want to Unlink your team and put some of them on top of the bridge and along the path to the left of the bridge leading down. You want to throw some grease along those paths.

You will want to make sure the whole team has plenty of healing and greater healing potions.

Whoever you send down there needs to be able to either misty step out, turn invisible, or escape quickly and that includes Lae'zel as you both need to make sure you are not surrounded.

Keep the mobs in front of you at all times to avoid having them get advantage on you. Thunderwave is incredibly effective at knocking them backwards off the bridge. Spells that create surfaces that impede movement are also incredibly helpful. Dissonant Whisper is amazing if you have it. if you have Lae'zel kitted out at a Battle Master you will want to make sure riposte is active and frightening attack ready to go. What does your party makeup look like?

Summoned familiars are a huge help here since they help you balance out the action economy.

Party makeup and equipment should be at peak. Max out armor class. use Mage armor. use mirror image.

I love this fight but you are right its incredibly difficult.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 03/06/21 07:17 AM.

Blackheifer
A
stranger
stranger
A
I've managed to persuade the Githyanki to leave me in peace. And I had Lae'zel in the party (she rushes off to talk to them). I just got her to lie to the dragon rider about their purpose and not tell the truth (and passed a Persuasion? check). The problem is then that there is no dead Githyanki and no breastplate drop to lead to the location of the Creche (that I found out about later on a bg3 wiki) - but I believe this happens in Act2? so outside the scope of the EA in this case.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Arijharn
I've managed to persuade the Githyanki to leave me in peace. And I had Lae'zel in the party (she rushes off to talk to them). I just got her to lie to the dragon rider about their purpose and not tell the truth (and passed a Persuasion? check). The problem is then that there is no dead Githyanki and no breastplate drop to lead to the location of the Creche (that I found out about later on a bg3 wiki) - but I believe this happens in Act2? so outside the scope of the EA in this case.

yeah, you can speech check your way out of the fight. You do miss out on some amazing weapons, armor and the location of the creche, but maybe that becomes available later.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
There is no Githyanki armor since Patch 4. :-/
For some reason they didnt just add weapons, but also remowed armor. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

Oh right, they did./ But the weapons are solid.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
I have never actually won this fight, and I've just decided to avoid the Githyanki completely until I'm able to level past level 4, since I am just not a good enough player to handle a fight like this at my current level and I'm assuming that there isn't a way to advance the quest beyond that point anyway, so no story means it's not worth the frustration for me.

old hand
old hand
So this is the hardest fight if you try to engage with it as a direct fight or like normal dnd, to avoid having atleast one party member being down you typically have to engage with larianisms. Try to have most of your party having the highground when the fight starts, take advantage of things that can knock you opponent off like push or that eldritch blast invocation. Be aware of backstab and height (not rightfully) giving advantage. And if you feel extra not-dnd you can sneak with astarion and place so many barrels the entire dragon is vaporized.

veteran
veteran
Dipping may also help a lot, so is the 7D6 poison if needed. This will allow you to OS them. You know, the easy win tips if you struggle too much.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/06/21 07:50 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Oh right, they did./ But the weapons are solid.
They are looking good ... kinda ... especialy Greatsword is a little too massive for my taste to be honest. :-/
In matter of stats, i believe they are copareable to regular +1 weapons. O_o

So personaly i see this whole change as downgrade. frown

But i wonder why they removed it ...
I believe i have noticed few people around here asking for possibility to get the rest of Githyanki armor (wich would mean Gloves and Boots), so Lae'zel can look as good as the others, and preferably one more set for PC ...
And they for some reason decided to remove armor instead of giving it. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard