Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by qwerrecd42
While believable based on the logic you present, that would be very weird since this game is looking like it'll end up similar in size to DOS 2, which they apparently completed just fine.
Who knows. It's apparently supposed to be even bigger than DOS 2, but then again DOS 2 itself was originally supposed to be massively larger than what we got.
Swen Vincke himself told in a post-mortem that the entirely of the current game maps were supposed to make up only for the first "continent" of the game (the human one) and other of comparable overall size were planned for elves, dwarves and lizardmen.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
You know what guys? What's being said lately made me realize something. Larian... Yeah Larian! YOU Larian! You should have waited until game was fully developped! Look at all these people with their crazy complaints, look at all the disapointment from people who played so much they burnt themselves out! Shame on you Larian, SHAME! Shame on giving us the sweet taste of a continuation of Baldur's gate! SHAME! Boo will rip your eyes out for this!

In all seriousness though, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. They were generous enough to grant early access, they listened to us when we found issues. They added content to let us know, its still going on. You're all so fucking impatient, go play something else instead of waiting on a game to be finished that isn't even finished yet. Finish your fully released game that's collecting dusts in your steam library, in your closet, in your trunks. I bet yall haven't even finished your nintendo and comodore games! Shame on you!

Last edited by Kryldost; 06/06/21 03:50 PM.
Q
Q
lmao wut

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kryldost
In all seriousness though, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. They were generous enough to grant early access, they listened to us when we found issues. They added content to let us know, its still going on. You're all so fucking impatient, go play something else instead of waiting on a game to be finished that isn't even finished yet. Finish your fully released game that's collecting dusts in your steam library, in your closet, in your trunks. I bet yall haven't even finished your nintendo and comodore games! Shame on you!
Infinite +1

I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
veteran
veteran
Sigh. I agree there is impatience. However, casting shame on people is inappropriate. I'm trying to be patient, but when all you get is radio silence without ANY idea what they are doing, it is hard to not be upset.

I'm frankly tired of having the same convos out here because there is literally nothing new to discuss. Why play anymore if I've exhausted all my suggestions and feedback and there is STILL no word about what is coming and when.

I'm just saying, people like me have been asking for some sort of news for MONTHS with absolutely no response. That is not the way a company should treat their customers, especially knowing WE are the crazy fans willing to help make the game awesome.

veteran
veteran
"Generous enough to grant early access"
Waw. The brainwashing really works.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

Generous to grant early access!
After we paid for it ofc. Paid for the privilege of being unpaid testers.

Q
Q
If they were actually acknowledging feedback then I'd agree there is too much impatience. But unfortunately they're not. They're treating us as if we don't exist outside of telemetry data points for their weirdly horny community updates. I think a little oopmh in our feedback is warranted at this point since apparently they need the jolt.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
I just buyed a game. O_o
If you paid for anything else, that shop probably screwed you. :P

I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

How do I wash my brain? I don't recommend cracking the skull, you'll stain your clothes!

Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Generous to grant early access!

They DEFINITELY did not have to let us play in EA, is what it means. You paid for the game, not the access.
Unless you expect to pay again when it's oficially released!

Last edited by Kryldost; 06/06/21 06:15 PM. Reason: polishing
old hand
old hand
They asked for feedback and for us to communicate with them, complaints and saying we don't like certain things are part of the process.
Also the impatience is not for content or even the fixes people are asking for, its mainly in the lack of communication. People actually want to talk with Larian and want to know what they are thinking and doing. If Larian said something like, "We are considering modifying the Chain/Unchain system.," you would probably see a sharp decline in people complaining about it. And if they said "We want to stick with with the Chain/Unchain system without any changes," there probably would be people who are miffed but at least we would know what their vision for the game is. There are some who are itching for new content or are getting burned out, but a majority of critiques brought up seem to be in writing and mechanics of the game.
Also the "generosity" of the EA goes both ways, they created a sort of social contract in which they present an unfinished game and we are supposed to play and critique it. Tell them what is working and what isn't working.

Originally Posted by CJMPinger
They asked for feedback and for us to communicate with them, complaints and saying we don't like certain things are part of the process.
Also the impatience is not for content or even the fixes people are asking for, its mainly in the lack of communication. People actually want to talk with Larian and want to know what they are thinking and doing. If Larian said something like, "We are considering modifying the Chain/Unchain system.," you would probably see a sharp decline in people complaining about it. And if they said "We want to stick with with the Chain/Unchain system without any changes," there probably would be people who are miffed but at least we would know what their vision for the game is. There are some who are itching for new content or are getting burned out, but a majority of critiques brought up seem to be in writing and mechanics of the game.
Also the "generosity" of the EA goes both ways, they created a sort of social contract in which they present an unfinished game and we are supposed to play and critique it. Tell them what is working and what isn't working.

The way it's being put reminds me of the whole no man sky episode. They released the game very early but then people weren't happy with the content. Technically, NMS was kind of an early access version, look where it is now. Started with little communication, trying to finish before deadlines working hard to make sure the game was stable. Now there's multiple patches being released (quite frequently) in order to improve the game. Making a game takes a lot of time and yes, feedback is important. If there's no response by 2022, then yeah I'll be pissed too! Right now though? Way too early to call for arms.

Last edited by Kryldost; 06/06/21 06:15 PM. Reason: typos
Q
Q
2022 seems like a very arbitrary timeline. They've had plenty of time to read and digest forum feedback, and to see what things are liked, loved, disliked, hated, etc, and even to compile lists and priorities based off of that. They're a big boy company that can definitely walk and chew gum at the same time. I think we can reasonably have high expectations of them in this regard, especially when they said how much they valued player feedback.

As much of a mess as NMS was, it's a silly comparison to Larian and BG3. Hello Games is like 25 people total. Larian is in the hundreds, with multiple studios that are apparently supposed to mean the development is supposed to go quite fast, if their various allusions to "handing off work" are anything to go by. Now in reality it never goes that smoothly and they were painting a weirdly rosy picture of how a multi-studio, multi-timezone project works, but that's another discussion entirely.

2022 isn't a timeline yall should abide to. It's as far as I am willing to wait for proper updates on the progress of the developpement before getting angry, take out my pitchfork and start burning down the entire world.

As for the comparaison, I stand by it. Nms didn't have covid bullshit to deal with, Larian did though!

Q
Q
"covid bullshit" explains slow development times (to an extent). It isn't an excuse for radio silence. Plenty of other companies are still happily engaging with customers, including game developers. You can still read forums, talk to people on said forums, and compiles lists of feedback and priorities while working from home.

I do not disagree, I still suggest patience though. Let's all join together with our pitchfork january first 2022 at each of our nearest Larian dungeon! If yall can convene on an earlier date I'll see wether I join or not in the bloodshed.

veteran
veteran
I do not disagree, I still suggest patience though. Let's all join together with our pitchfork january first 2022 at each of our nearest Larian dungeon! If yall can convene on an earlier date I'll see wether I join or not in the bloodshed.

Are you a kid out here just trying to piss people off? Just stop.

People are rightly upset for ZERO communication since when? February was it? March? We just want some communication and on things that are important. Even when they rolled out the Druid class they never addressed issues important to the players...THEIR CUSTOMERS. Any other business would have seriously lost their entire customer base by now.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by GM4Him

People are rightly upset for ZERO communication since when? February was it? March? We just want some communication and on things that are important. Even when they rolled out the Druid class they never addressed issues important to the players...THEIR CUSTOMERS. Any other business would have seriously lost their entire customer base by now.

Well, to be honest, they "talked" to us recently, saying that there will be a big community update soon... It wasn't in February and that's something.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Nyloth

Well, to be honest, they "talked" to us recently, saying that there will be a big community update soon... It wasn't in February and that's something.
The problem here is that they didn't really talk to us, they more just announced that they would talk to us soon. It's similar to running into someone you know and saying "we should get coffee to talk about [thing] soon." Yes, technically words were said. But without a set date, it's kind of useless.

It's also been almost 4(?) weeks since Larian said that, which doesn't fit most people's ideas of "soon." If Larian was planning on releasing that community update 1-2 weeks ago but it got delayed, it'd be nice (not required of Larian, but courteous) for them to say "Hey we've been delayed sorry. Expect it in [2 weeks/sometime later this month]. Thanks for your patience." If they were always planning on releasing it 4+ weeks from the initial announcement, then it'd have been better if they used a better time estimate than "soon."

Honestly I don't think I'd be able myself to find any words to adress the community. You're all already very upset, can you imagine the number of message intake a staff member would get at this point? I'm not surprised they're steering clear from that degree of animosity regarding the delays. They still need to get ready for what they are working on at the moment. I'd probably wait after the patch release to adress what's next at the very least xD

Honestly that'd be cool too.

Still think you're all very impatient. If that really angers you, that's you. Progress takes time, but so does coding.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard