Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
"Generous enough to grant early access"
Waw. The brainwashing really works.

How do I wash my brain? I don't recommend cracking the skull, you'll stain your clothes!

Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Generous to grant early access!
After we paid for it ofc. Paid for the privilege of being unpaid testers.

They DEFINITELY did not have to let us play in EA, is what it means. You paid for the game, not the access.
Unless you expect to pay again when it's oficially released!

Last edited by Kryldost; 06/06/21 06:15 PM. Reason: polishing
old hand
old hand
They asked for feedback and for us to communicate with them, complaints and saying we don't like certain things are part of the process.
Also the impatience is not for content or even the fixes people are asking for, its mainly in the lack of communication. People actually want to talk with Larian and want to know what they are thinking and doing. If Larian said something like, "We are considering modifying the Chain/Unchain system.," you would probably see a sharp decline in people complaining about it. And if they said "We want to stick with with the Chain/Unchain system without any changes," there probably would be people who are miffed but at least we would know what their vision for the game is. There are some who are itching for new content or are getting burned out, but a majority of critiques brought up seem to be in writing and mechanics of the game.
Also the "generosity" of the EA goes both ways, they created a sort of social contract in which they present an unfinished game and we are supposed to play and critique it. Tell them what is working and what isn't working.

Originally Posted by CJMPinger
They asked for feedback and for us to communicate with them, complaints and saying we don't like certain things are part of the process.
Also the impatience is not for content or even the fixes people are asking for, its mainly in the lack of communication. People actually want to talk with Larian and want to know what they are thinking and doing. If Larian said something like, "We are considering modifying the Chain/Unchain system.," you would probably see a sharp decline in people complaining about it. And if they said "We want to stick with with the Chain/Unchain system without any changes," there probably would be people who are miffed but at least we would know what their vision for the game is. There are some who are itching for new content or are getting burned out, but a majority of critiques brought up seem to be in writing and mechanics of the game.
Also the "generosity" of the EA goes both ways, they created a sort of social contract in which they present an unfinished game and we are supposed to play and critique it. Tell them what is working and what isn't working.

The way it's being put reminds me of the whole no man sky episode. They released the game very early but then people weren't happy with the content. Technically, NMS was kind of an early access version, look where it is now. Started with little communication, trying to finish before deadlines working hard to make sure the game was stable. Now there's multiple patches being released (quite frequently) in order to improve the game. Making a game takes a lot of time and yes, feedback is important. If there's no response by 2022, then yeah I'll be pissed too! Right now though? Way too early to call for arms.

Last edited by Kryldost; 06/06/21 06:15 PM. Reason: typos
2022 isn't a timeline yall should abide to. It's as far as I am willing to wait for proper updates on the progress of the developpement before getting angry, take out my pitchfork and start burning down the entire world.

As for the comparaison, I stand by it. Nms didn't have covid bullshit to deal with, Larian did though!

I do not disagree, I still suggest patience though. Let's all join together with our pitchfork january first 2022 at each of our nearest Larian dungeon! If yall can convene on an earlier date I'll see wether I join or not in the bloodshed.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kryldost
I do not disagree, I still suggest patience though. Let's all join together with our pitchfork january first 2022 at each of our nearest Larian dungeon! If yall can convene on an earlier date I'll see wether I join or not in the bloodshed.

Are you a kid out here just trying to piss people off? Just stop.

People are rightly upset for ZERO communication since when? February was it? March? We just want some communication and on things that are important. Even when they rolled out the Druid class they never addressed issues important to the players...THEIR CUSTOMERS. Any other business would have seriously lost their entire customer base by now.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by Kryldost

People are rightly upset for ZERO communication since when? February was it? March? We just want some communication and on things that are important. Even when they rolled out the Druid class they never addressed issues important to the players...THEIR CUSTOMERS. Any other business would have seriously lost their entire customer base by now.

Well, to be honest, they "talked" to us recently, saying that there will be a big community update soon... It wasn't in February and that's something.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyloth

Well, to be honest, they "talked" to us recently, saying that there will be a big community update soon... It wasn't in February and that's something.
The problem here is that they didn't really talk to us, they more just announced that they would talk to us soon. It's similar to running into someone you know and saying "we should get coffee to talk about [thing] soon." Yes, technically words were said. But without a set date, it's kind of useless.

It's also been almost 4(?) weeks since Larian said that, which doesn't fit most people's ideas of "soon." If Larian was planning on releasing that community update 1-2 weeks ago but it got delayed, it'd be nice (not required of Larian, but courteous) for them to say "Hey we've been delayed sorry. Expect it in [2 weeks/sometime later this month]. Thanks for your patience." If they were always planning on releasing it 4+ weeks from the initial announcement, then it'd have been better if they used a better time estimate than "soon."

Honestly I don't think I'd be able myself to find any words to adress the community. You're all already very upset, can you imagine the number of message intake a staff member would get at this point? I'm not surprised they're steering clear from that degree of animosity regarding the delays. They still need to get ready for what they are working on at the moment. I'd probably wait after the patch release to adress what's next at the very least xD

Honestly that'd be cool too.

Still think you're all very impatient. If that really angers you, that's you. Progress takes time, but so does coding.

veteran
veteran
@ Kryldost. Yep. You're just trying to tick people off. Everyone just ignore him.

@mrfuji. Exactly. You were on the money.

Last edited by GM4Him; 06/06/21 09:18 PM.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Even when they rolled out the Druid class they never addressed issues important to the players...THEIR CUSTOMERS.
I am player ...
I am their customer ...

And they did addressed, and even adjusted (or fixed if you wish) several issues important to me. O_o

See that is main reason here ...
Unless they start to fix their problems, some people just keep repeating "they do nothing". frown

Lets look at it from the other site try to imagine a dinner for example ...
There is several millions of customers, only hunderts of employees, and so it works like that, they serve the "usual meal" ... and now lets say that thousands (plural) ordered something a little different, some are alergic to something, some dont like taste of something, some would like that taste but something is missing there ... so they start "suggesting" adjustments ...
Got it? Good. smile
Now imagine that that thousands of sustomers start to shout one abowe the other, that THEIR ORDER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT AROUND HERE, bcs they have the feeling that they want something that is quite common, since all their friends is ordering the same adjustment.
Or that THIS STAFF IS COMPLETELY USELESS SINCE I WAIT FOR MY ORDER TOO LONG ALLREADY!
Or that IS THIS DINNER EVEN WORKING?
And the other stuff you can read around here.

Doesnt that feel a little ungreatfull? :-/
And tell me honestly, if you would be employed in such dinner ... would you serve such guest? Honestly?

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 06/06/21 10:11 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Moderator note: this link has been removed.

Last edited by Jess Larian; 07/06/21 03:16 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Seriously, again, the issue is silence. It isn't so much that they haven't done MY personal updates. I work in the business world. If I don't tell my customer what is happening with an investment they have made, the customer has a right to be mad.

I'm all for patience, but I am also for Larian to communicate with THEIR fans. If they don't they will lose them. They are CERTAINLY not making a good impression on me. I am a fan of BG and D&D, not Larian, and their lack of communication makes me NOT want to buy any more of their games or participate in any other EAs. It's been just that bad.

All I get out here when I post any suggestions is a lot of criticism and no response from Larian, so why participate? I am seriously starting to hate thr game I've loved for months because of dealing with THIS crap with NOTHING to show for it. Not even a "hey, we're working on xyz. Hang in there."

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>

But why would you engage with good faith criticism when you can instead link someone else's passive aggressive video full of complaints about... people they disagree with having complaints...?

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 08:47 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
old hand
old hand
Its mainly communication. For example the part of the video where people ranted about loaded dice and they claimed half the community felt listened to and the other half did not, that would have been solved if during the panel they talked about some of the issues raised. Just talking about it would be great, it would alleviate most the toxicity people perceive on this forum. I wouldn't mind all that much if there was no update til next year if Larian communicated during that process. Also knowing their rational would be great for that, so we can approach mechanics and story with keeping that rational in mind, to see if it actually works.

Basically, while they are not contractually obligated or anything close to that, I vehemently believe communication would be the most productive thing they could do for this EA.

Also tbh, this forum is not all that toxic. When people are being toxic a moderator or someone else steps in pretty quickly. There is a lot of complaining, but most of it is genuinely in constructive ways, pointing out an issue and proposing solutions, and then people discussing the ramifications of said issue. In fact, telling people to stop complaining about x seems counterproductive to me cause we were told to do exactly this, communicate to larian our issues with the game. And with that, you still get a healthy amount of lore speculation and even people saying they like things or saying that x mechanic is fine the way it is. There is a variety of viewpoints, and toxicity is often drowned out.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 07/06/21 01:53 AM.
veteran
veteran
That's it. You all asked for it.

SOLASTA SOLASTA SOLASTA.

And now, to quote Blackhiefer from another thread:

If you say that in front of a mirror a pimply, overweight nerd appears behind you and starts lecturing you in a high-pitched, nasally voice on how Solasta does reactions better. Roll CON save DC 14 against your own spinal cord strangling your brain to death.

They then casually pass gas and wander out the door. Take 4d10 Necrotic.

Thats what all of you get for complaining about complaining. You made me pull out the Solasta gun.

Last edited by GM4Him; 07/06/21 02:30 AM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
There is a lot of complaining, but most of it is genuinely in constructive ways, pointing out an issue and proposing solutions, and then people discussing the ramifications of said issue. In fact, telling people to stop complaining about x seems counterproductive to me cause we were told to do exactly this, communicate to larian our issues with the game. And with that, you still get a healthy amount of lore speculation and even people saying they like things or saying that x mechanic is fine the way it is.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel - dismissing complaints for the sole reason that they are 'too negative/common/etc.' is an extremely toxic behavior that goes unmoderated far too often in games discussion IMO, probably in large part due to it being a little more difficult as a developer to tell whether or not someone is white knighting or just passionately positive (hint: genuinely passionately positive players don't normally dismiss people for complaining; they understand that even those less satisfied than they are want the same thing, which is a better end product - they just disagree on how close to that better end product things are already).

The instances of people complaining who are 'just trying to be negative' are few and far between, and orders of magnitude less common than good faith, constructive negative feedback being summarily dismissed as 'just trying to be negative'. I think people need to be more forgiving of negative feedback and a lot more suspicious of people crying 'troll' or 'stupid' whenever somebody expresses a doubt about their darling game/studio/etc.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Ya, I think it's mostly been constructive criticism, which Larian originally asked for before falling off the face of the planet. And then people got annoyed that they were trying to contribute to improving the game, but got another 4 months of radio silence without a sign that any feedback is heard, and now are being criticized for not liking that lol.

veteran
veteran
Exactly. We all obviously care about the game or we wouldn't STILL be out here talking about it.

But that isn't going to last forever. Many have already stopped chatting out here, tired of having the SAME convos over and over again and getting harassed by jerks.

addict
addict
That's it. You all asked for it.

SOLASTA SOLASTA SOLASTA.

And now, to quote Blackhiefer from another thread:

If you say that in front of a mirror a pimply, overweight nerd appears behind you and starts lecturing you in a high-pitched, nasally voice on how Solasta does reactions better. Roll CON save DC 14 against your own spinal cord strangling your brain to death.

They then casually pass gas and wander out the door. Take 4d10 Necrotic.

Thats what all of you get for complaining about complaining. You made me pull out the Solasta gun.

Oh right! I completely forgot to ask why you guys are still here, after all S*****a release! Don't you have to spend all day playing it and forget about BG3? This summer I planned to play Pathfinder to distract myself from BG3, but they postponed release to the fall, and I'm not really interested in S*****a. But you all guys? You have something to do now, don't you? Not that your accusations are without reason, but it's better to play than to waste your nerves. o..o

Originally Posted by Ferros
Ya, I think it's mostly been constructive criticism, which Larian originally asked for before falling off the face of the planet. And then people got annoyed that they were trying to contribute to improving the game, but got another 4 months of radio silence without a sign that any feedback is heard, and now are being criticized for not liking that lol.

There is a limit to any criticism, you repeat the same thing, it makes no sense. We discussed the same thing a month ago.

Last edited by Nyloth; 07/06/21 11:19 AM.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard