Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#775678 03/06/21 11:59 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
If the devs see this, I would like to congratulate you for all the incredible work you've been doing. It's amazing, and keep it up.
I would also like to specifically mention the drow armor available now on patch 4, after hotfix 11: Whoever designed this must have been inspired that day, and whoever tweaked( I'm pretty sure it's been slightly altered since last big patch), and changed the color scheme to include blue and different shades of bronze or obsidian - is also a genius. This is simply the most beautiful armor I have ever seen in ANY RPG.

[img]https://preview.redd.it/3tk0hxv2u03...c9875c6096d4014fb3d4e6b010878fb62d57a15b[/img]

So, here's my official request (Swen already said to me on Twitter that he'd pass it along): please be so kind to make more iterations of this armor, because the basis of it right now is truly magnificent. I'd love to see the heavy, light, and robe versions of this ( Ithink I have a medium one?) - plus their repective masterwork upgrades, if possible.

That's it laugh I am excitedly grateful for all you do! Thank you for your time.

journeyman
journeyman
I agree, the armor is beautiful.

But please tell me the guy wearing it isn't supposed to *be* a drow!

veteran
veteran
The version in game is already light armor. I use it on my rogues sometimes.

Last edited by fylimar; 07/06/21 07:58 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Meh, boarding a bit on the "Edgy Mc Edgyngton" side of things for my taste, actually.
But at least it isn't incredibly gaudy/tacky as some "high level paladin armors" I've seen in a couple of videos about datamined content.

Also, this reminds me when at the start of this EA I was optimist/naive enough to worry about getting a sheath/scabbard for weapons. Now I have to admit I'm bothered by far more pressing concerns about the future of the game.

Last edited by Tuco; 07/06/21 11:14 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
E
addict
addict
E
I just hope there are some more toned down armour options eventually, a lot of the armours are a bit garish for my liking. The ringmail with the Saturday Night Fever collars is a case in point.

L
addict
addict
L
I think in general a lot of the armors are a bit too elaborate I think it works with a few like the Drow leather, drow studded, padded and githyanki armor, but many of the others-esp the enchanted varieties-look too over designed/gaudy for my tastes, particularly the enchanted versions. The obnoxious 'horns' that stick out of the upper arms of the upgraded scale mail being a prime offender for me. Hoping we get some more options like what we can see Aradin and his group wearing (and that I don't have to handicap my characters too badly by doing so). It's a shame that so many of the best looking armors get obsolete almost immediately. Like Asterion's padded armor or Shadowheart's chain shirt. Both of those look great, but particularly in the case of the former, you want to replace it as soon as possible.

addict
addict
Oh, yes, I must say this armor looks great, especially in dark blue version.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Leucrotta
I think in general a lot of the armors are a bit too elaborate I think it works with a few like the Drow leather, drow studded, padded and githyanki armor, but many of the others-esp the enchanted varieties-look too over designed/gaudy for my tastes, particularly the enchanted versions. The obnoxious 'horns' that stick out of the upper arms of the upgraded scale mail being a prime offender for me. Hoping we get some more options like what we can see Aradin and his group wearing (and that I don't have to handicap my characters too badly by doing so). It's a shame that so many of the best looking armors get obsolete almost immediately. Like Asterion's padded armor or Shadowheart's chain shirt. Both of those look great, but particularly in the case of the former, you want to replace it as soon as possible.
Yup.
This is a problem I tend to have with a lot of "high end" equipment in games, frankly, so I can't even resent BG3 too strongly about this.

The "cool stuff", that looks fine enough, that "dresses well" while being somewhat grounded in reality, tends to be low level trash that gets replaced rather quickly, while the powerful armors often look like cheeky Halloween costumes at best when not openly, decadently "gaudy".

It's a bit jarring when your group of "seasoned adventures" roams the city streets looking more like a bunch of of flamboyant viveur who lost their way to a Louis XVI gala rather than the "Team Badass" you wanted them to be.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
That armor is even nicer on a Drow... <grins> .. now if they only made some magical studded variations (+1, +2, etc.. ) that are resistant to light. Oh.. and get the helm that goes with it, it's +1 stealth if I remember correctly (in the Micoid colony off the body of the dead drow).

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by fylimar
The version in game is already light armor. I use it on my rogues sometimes.

Then medium is what I was asking. Wasn't sure which was what.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Full Bleed
I agree, the armor is beautiful.

But please tell me the guy wearing it isn't supposed to *be* a drow!

LOL. No, it's a wood elf druid.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Oh, yes, I must say this armor looks great, especially in dark blue version.

Right??! I think my Tav looks freakin beautiful, LOL!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Aazo
That armor is even nicer on a Drow... <grins> .. now if they only made some magical studded variations (+1, +2, etc.. ) that are resistant to light. Oh.. and get the helm that goes with it, it's +1 stealth if I remember correctly (in the Micoid colony off the body of the dead drow).

Yeeeeeeessss!! Magical studded variations would be amazing! And yes absolutely, the helmet is on, just invisible, bc.... come on.... how could I hide that beauty of a face? LOL!!!!

Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
bc.... come on.... how could I hide that beauty of a face? LOL!!!!

<chuckles> Yeah.. my drow is pretty damn decent as well, but I still would like more facial options for male elves other than #2 (the only one that looks like an elf).

Link Copied to Clipboard