Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
Love Shadowheart. She is very well done (and my favorite of the companions so far)

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Love these!

old hand
old hand
These are amazing, are you by chance going to do Gale or Wyll as well?

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thank you!! smile

I'm basically drawing the characters in order of personal preference, but yes I think I will draw Gale and Wyll, it would not make sense to leave them out. smile

These drawings has been keeping me busy and creative while waiting for Patch 5 news. The forums have been full of anger/anxiety lately, and I'd rather do something creative to keep my mind in the BG3 world, while also trying not to burn out on the game (haven't played in a few weeks - already done 2.5 playthroughs, now waiting for the patch.)

G
stranger
stranger
G
These look like pictures drawn from the game !! XD

They look sooo good!!! 10/10

P
addict
addict
P
Beautiful work!

veteran
veteran
I love it!

I hope we get more.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thank you! smile Yes there will be more, when I have some more time to draw for myself. Had to do some "real art" (art that helps pay the bills, that is) this week.
Going to do Gale next!

Last edited by Alexandrite; 13/06/21 11:12 PM.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Holy moly :o You do these in just a few hours?

DAMN, I could work for weeks and it wouldn't be even REMOTELY close to this! Well done! These are aaaaawesome!! \o/

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
[Linked Image from natureinart.com.au]

Ok, Gale is now a work in progress. smile

(I know the hand and the way he's holding the book are wrong right now, and his other arm doesn't continue - it is now 11pm and I'm too tired to fix them! Will look with fresh eyes in the morning.)

Last edited by Alexandrite; 14/06/21 01:24 PM.
veteran
veteran
That's a better looking Gale than the actual Gale.

Blackheifer
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
That's a better looking Gale than the actual Gale.

Aww thanks! laugh I am struggling with him a bit but that helps! I think I've stared at Gale more last night while working on this than I have during my entire game.
I'm constantly amazed at how wonderful the game's graphics are, especially the faces. The BG3 artists, character designers and animators are incredible.

Originally Posted by Dez
Holy moly :o You do these in just a few hours?

DAMN, I could work for weeks and it wouldn't be even REMOTELY close to this! Well done! These are aaaaawesome!! \o/

Thank you so much! I should humbly quote (supposedly) Picasso who, in reply to someone who said "but this took you 30 seconds to draw", said “No, it has taken me forty years to do that.”
I have been drawing/painting since I could hold a pencil. So, working for weeks on something will definitely result in improvement of skills, even if you start from scratch and stick figures today. smile
I'm using BG3 characters for fun and improving my skills in drawing people - I really haven't done people or faces much.
I can already see where I could have done better on the Astarion and Lae'zel sketches (chins and jaw lines are difficult!) - but of course I will return to these characters. smile

Last edited by Alexandrite; 15/06/21 12:07 AM.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
Thank you so much! I should humbly quote (supposedly) Picasso who, in reply to someone who said "but this took you 30 seconds to draw", said “No, it has taken me forty years to do that.”
I have been drawing/painting since I could hold a pencil. So, working for weeks on something will definitely result in improvement of skills, even if you start from scratch and stick figures today. smile

Now that is a very true statement!

I follow a lot of artists of varying sorts, and no matter how long they have been drawing - it is ALWAYS amazing to watch professional artists (or really dedicated/talented hobby-artists) do "speed-drawings"! :] It is truly amazing what many, many, many hours (*ahem* years) can do to one's skill set! laugh

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
When you start drawing Gale and suddenly remember you haven't drawn hands/arms in years and have no idea what you're doing...
Think I miiiiight have bitten off a bit more than I can chew with this one, but what the hells, it's good practice anyway!

old hand
old hand
You are tackling it very well!

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Looking Good Alexendrite smile Keep at it!

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Practice makes perfect! You're doing an amazing job with your raw sketches alone!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

Ok Gale drawing is done - well, as done as it's getting.
Lessons were learned about arms, hands, proportions, etc.
I've been doing birds and animals for years, so people are difficult. Enjoying the challenge with my favourite BG3 characters though! smile

Dez Offline
addict
addict
It looks absolutely amazing! Thank you very much for sharing, Alexandrite! <3

old hand
old hand
Looks really good! You did well with the hands

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard