Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
I absolutely believe this book will become important in Astarion's personal story. He is pretty obsessed with the book already as it is...

old hand
old hand
The book seems fairly important overall, Gale wants it either to Read or Eat and Astarion wants it to read. And the player character can do a ton of checks for a poor reward right now. I posit that it will become something more and more important over time depending on who you gave it to (unless gale vored it), and it is very possible that as said above it might be meant to grant higher level Necromancy, which is not implemented properly yet except for Speak with Dead.

veteran
veteran
That was my assumption too. Things like this don't bother me. I have little doubt they will make it better later. There were plenty of cues that it would be.

It's all intertwined, I think. Unlike many games with side quests that don't matter to the overall story, I think BG3 is weaving them all together nicely. Every side quest tells more of the overall story.

M
M
I agree, I suspect that this book is, like a lot of other things in Early Access, merely a kicking off point for something much bigger in Act 2 and/or 3.

G
stranger
stranger
G
totally for this argument...
i mean it's annoying to find out that you pass the 20 check, but still gets NOTHING

M
mk1 Offline
stranger
stranger
M
Gale! - Patch 7: given the fact that Gale should have high intelligence he behaves somewhat stupid -
when he is given the artifact through book dialog (when you read it and can choose whom to give or what to do with it)
he accepts it, but gives it back - one could argue, that he feels not ready to read it - and this again could indicate that reading it later - at a higher level - could be a good idea.
So far so good.
But: after this he has an exclamation sign above his head to indicate he wants to speak - and when you speak to him he stresses how grateful he is + takes and consumes the book as if it was nothing more like an ordinary magic item (!)
And you cannot do anything to prevent this because the dialog is paused by the cut scene of the magic item consumption.

If it wasn't EA, it would make me cry to see this waste of such an irretrievable magic item.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard