Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Composer
Only the kick-off though, most of the interesting stuff doesn't really begin until the 12th through 15th.
I will take whatever i get. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 10/06/21 02:11 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Don't worry guys. H - 1 or 2.

I guess Larian would have say something if they were part of E3.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Sigh. Still no news. Sigh. Every day, I come out here to check, and all I get is more fans posting about no update or news yet, or others who just want to bash people. Nothing new. Nothing fun.

Oh well, back to my own writings; another The Afflicted post or something maybe.

Being creative is a very good way of dealing with the frustrating wait. Keep writing! smile

I concur, creativity is a great outlet and keeps the passion alive.

veteran
veteran
Well, my hopes are broken once again.
Looks like we're going for another week without any informations. Really hard to stay hyped.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
forgive me

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Ugh! I hate that meme. It fits and is very appropriate, but...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyloth
forgive me

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

HAHA I love it smile
I just remove the spoiler so they can see how we feel !!

Last edited by Maximuuus; 10/06/21 08:18 PM.

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Well. It might just be me, but I am used to Blizzard's "soonTM" so one month is not that bad by my measurement, hahah laugh

Either way, I am still lurking about - have not really had the time to actually post stuff though. :] Nor have I really had anything important to say, I guess.

Just wanted to say that I am also hoping to see some updates about our missing classes and subclasses, and potentially companions, for our next big patch as I really do not see any reason to keep any classes (or subclasses) out of EA entirely. c: That said, I am willing to wait as long as necessary for Larian to make BG3 the game it deserves to be, but I also agree with the complaints that some form of communication would really be appreciated. And it is not just for the sake of "I WANT CONTENT NOW", because honestly? I would settle with just a "Hey guys! Right now we're working on XXX! Unfortunately, this won't be available until the actual launch, but we're absolutely positive you'll love it!" - just a little something to know what's going on and what they are working with. It is simply difficult to stay involved, enthusiastic and hyped when you hear absolutely nothing - and I, and many others here, WANT to be involved, enthusiastic and hyped. laugh

I have a great example of my own to demonstrate my point (which is very much based on a true story :] ): many years ago I heard about a game. I saw a trailer, some class information and I was absolutely *HOOKED* by it. It felt like everything I wanted in a game at the time, and me and my friends devoured any and all information that was available about said game. Which turned out to be not very much information at all - the game was about to launch in Asia, but the communication to the European and American sector was... Limited. Fan-sites began to evolve, searching with lanterns and shovels for any piece of information that could be relevant for us waiting for the game to arrive to EU/NA.

Years went by and there was nothing but silence. I visited the fansites less and less, because there was not ever any communication from the developers to the EU/NA crowd. The game soon faded even from memory. Suddenly, just a year or so ago, I saw a post from one of those fan sites. Unfortunately, I had since long lost interest in the game, and simply unfollowed the page without even checking their news link. I forgot about the game once more - until recently.

Why? Because this year, that particular game is supposed to be revealed during E3, arriving to EU and NA. Problem is - I am no longer interested by any measurement, and I will not be buying the game. To be quite honest, I would not even play it if I got it for free.

Is it because I am salty about the lack of communication and the neglect? Perhaps - but I don't feel salty. I just feel "past" it. The game no longer looks as fun and epic as it did all those years ago. It feels like the game grew old before it even released and I felt like there are so many other games that I want to play instead, and so many other companies that I would rather spend my money on.

Now, of course I do not really fear a scenario this bad for Larian - because they are already communicating better than the company from the story above since they give any information at all. c:
But it should be noted that this is probably how the more casually hyped community handles the situation - neglect them for too long, and they simply won't be interested when you're finally ready. I am willing to bet Larian knows this, and I hope there is a good reason for their silence towards their players. In the end, all players here want the same thing - we want Larian and BG3 to succeed and be great! By communicating with us, Larian would help us support them better! :] Give us things to discuss, even if it is not implemented into EA! laugh

Last edited by Dez; 10/06/21 11:50 PM.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
veteran
veteran
@Dez > now i wonder what game it was. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

It might or might not rhyme with "Frost Stark". :']

Last edited by Dez; 11/06/21 08:01 AM.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dez

If you're talking about a Korean game, they always behave in a similar way.

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dez

I know. :[ Did not make the experience less dez-appointing (huehuehuehue) though. :'[

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Dez
Originally Posted by Dez

I know. :[ Did not make the experience less dez-appointing (huehuehuehue) though. :'[

Oh, the company that developed that is Smilegate. They have not had a good track record with me, especially when Epic Seven disqualified the winner of their contest (who was one of the few to not draw one of the female characters, drew male characters chilling on the beach) cause they drew gay male and furry fanart of the characters outside of the contest and declared that them winning would be reflecting bad on them (to justify disqualifying someone for a reason not stated in the rules), so they then gave it to a person who also drew NSFW works outside of the contest except theirs was straight and lesbian waifus... Think I'll be avoiding "Frost Stark."

By comparison, Larian is still a darling in my eyes even with the communication silence cause they haven't done anything underhanded or done anything that made me feel like I was being ripped off. In fact they have tended to do the opposite, DOS2 Grab Bags really endearing me to them.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 11/06/21 04:34 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Oh, the company that developed that is Smilegate. They have not had a good track record with me, especially when Epic Seven disqualified the winner of their contest (who was one of the few to not draw one of the female characters, drew male characters chilling on the beach) cause they drew gay male and furry fanart of the characters outside of the contest and declared that them winning would be reflecting bad on them (to justify disqualifying someone for a reason not stated in the rules), so they then gave it to a person who also drew NSFW works outside of the contest except theirs was straight and lesbian waifus... Think I'll be avoiding "Frost Stark."

By comparison, Larian is still a darling in my eyes even with the communication silence cause they haven't done anything underhanded or done anything that made me feel like I was being ripped off. In fact they have tended to do the opposite, DOS2 Grab Bags really endearing me to them.

This is not how we Korean MMORPG players rate games. It really doesn't matter that much... Although I'm not from Europe or America, but still. In my country, "Frost Stark" came out quickly, but also unexpectedly.

Issue of communication with the community is not a problem only Smilegate. NCsoft is much bigger, and behaves the same way. Asian companies are just beginning to think about the market outside their countries. While this may not be a good idea, as I said before, I'm not a fan of the political agenda and ubiquitous representation. I just love good games which allow me to escape from reality and problems..

In any case, comparing a single and an MMORPG is strange. So I won't continue this theme.

old hand
old hand
This is not how we Korean MMORPG players rate games. It really doesn't matter that much... Although I'm not from Europe or America, but still. In my country, "Frost Stark" came out quickly, but also unexpectedly.

Issue of communication with the community is not a problem only Smilegate. NCsoft is much bigger, and behaves the same way. Asian companies are just beginning to think about the market outside their countries. While this may not be a good idea, as I said before, I'm not a fan of the political agenda and ubiquitous representation. I just love good games which allow me to escape from reality and problems..

In any case, comparing a single and an MMORPG is strange. So I won't continue this theme.

I am less rating the game and more rating the companies and their business practices. Electronic Arts and Activision release decent games for example but I REALLY dislike their business practices so I tend to avoid them with some exceptions (which I'll tend to get used as I'd rather not directly reward those business practices). Just how I am and I don't expect others to think like me. And my above thing wasn't about a political agenda in a game, more a bad business practice of unrightfully disqualifying someone for reasons not stated in their rules, could have been about whatever thing drawn outside of the contest and I would have still been soured to Smilegate. They communicated poorly. Hence why I said Larian is still a darling to me, it isn't because I think they make quality games better than some MMOs (I do prefer their games though cause I prefer Single Player stuff), its that their business practices and connection to their community is a hell of a lot less scummy and basically non-toxic compared to many many other companies. Even with silence they communicate a lot better than a whole list of companies.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 11/06/21 05:59 PM.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by CJMPinger

I am less rating the game and more rating the companies and their business practices. Electronic Arts and Activision release decent games for example but I REALLY dislike their business practices so I tend to avoid them with some exceptions (which I'll tend to get used as I'd rather not directly reward those business practices). Just how I am and I don't expect others to think like me. And my above thing wasn't about a political agenda in a game, more a bad business practice of unrightfully disqualifying someone for reasons not stated in their rules, could have been about whatever thing drawn outside of the contest and I would have still been soured to Smilegate. They communicated poorly. Hence why I said Larian is still a darling to me, it isn't because I think they make quality games better than some MMOs (I do prefer their games though cause I prefer Single Player stuff), its that their business practices and connection to their community is a hell of a lot less scummy and basically non-toxic compared to many many other companies. Even with silence they communicate a lot better than a whole list of companies.

I am with CJM - I am not comparing an action MMORPG to BG3, but rather the moral of the story was the company silence.

I also have a "blacklist" of companies that I try to avoid throwing money at, to my best ability (including both of the companies CJM mentioned...). Obviously, Larian is by no means on my list - and similar to CJM I also consider Larian one of the good companies, along with Owlcats and to some point Digital Extremes, that I am willing to spend money on just to support them via Kickstarter and stuff like that. Their silence right now won't change that, it'll take a lot more.

BUT, just like most people here... I just wanna know what they are up to, how progress is going and if they thought the community had any good ideas here on the forums. c: Just a few sentences every month or so would be more than enough!

Seeing looking them up on the e3 schedule nothing is listed I wouldn't get my hopes up but who knows maybe its just missing from the schedule currently my expectations are low maybe June next year we will see patch 5....last time we had patch info it was december we will be releasing new stuff after christmas ... and nothing till late febuary I wouldn't be suprised if at minimum we hear nothing till September. Soon is a relative term apparently for any kind of response soon being it could be in 1 month you could be waiting 4-5 months +.

Patch 5 - We added an additional hair color for Elves see you all in patch 6. Sept 2021

Patch 6 - We fixed some bugs and we added a cape to the game it does nothing see you in patch 7. July 2022

Patch 7 - Ok guys we have really good news we added...an extra goblin to the first fight in from of the gates he drops a shield it does nothing but there is a goblin on the front of the shield. See you all in patch 8. August 2027.

I'm sure more than a few people get the blunt of the Joke here. Where you compare the game to games other games with regards to the content releases updates and news. I personally dont think ill bother buying another early release from larion in the future initially my expectations were a lot higher and I personally haven't felt impressed it would take more than a lot to redeem them personally.

Having beta tested a bunch of other releases for content and played early access on 2 other games currently in release schedule for the current genra Whilst the base release of the game was great the addion of content and news has been so lack luster when you compare the content release between them its kind of sad and while I get coding takes time the base infrastructure is already present meaning it should be alot easier to add more content. With as many people present to the game as there is. You have companies able to add complete expansions to most games every 3-4 months.

And we have seen a class added since launch in comparison you could look at games like dota, LoL, smite ect adding new characters every month. In comparison mind you there is not as much pathing to do but the infrastructure for pathing should already be present it should just be adding coding through a generator tool to add the character class into the game. They should just need to code the mechanics and test that it works as intended to the tool. NWN2 had its initial release OCT 2006 and you were seeing full expansions nearly 6 months later. Which contained as many as 4-6 classes in some cases. Comparing that I would expect to see the same kind of content added to the game during early access to reach the goals of the initial release date. Plus if they had plans for e3 you would expect a kind of teaser that news was coming out at e3. Just to get everyone paying attention. I would not get my hopes up. I only even checked back on the forums because it was e3 weekend.

Last edited by acatlas; 12/06/21 03:30 AM.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by acatlas
Having beta tested a bunch of other releases for content and played early access on 2 other games currently in release schedule for the current genra Whilst the base release of the game was great the addion of content and news has been so lack luster when you compare the content release between them its kind of sad and while I get coding takes time the base infrastructure is already present meaning it should be alot easier to add more content. With as many people present to the game as there is. You have companies able to add complete expansions to most games every 3-4 months.

And we have seen a class added since launch in comparison you could look at games like dota, LoL, smite ect adding new characters every month. In comparison mind you there is not as much pathing to do but the infrastructure for pathing should already be present it should just be adding coding through a generator tool to add the character class into the game. They should just need to code the mechanics and test that it works as intended to the tool. NWN2 had its initial release OCT 2006 and you were seeing full expansions nearly 6 months later. Which contained as many as 4-6 classes in some cases. Comparing that I would expect to see the same kind of content added to the game during early access to reach the goals of the initial release date. Plus if they had plans for e3 you would expect a kind of teaser that news was coming out at e3. Just to get everyone paying attention. I would not get my hopes up. I only even checked back on the forums because it was e3 weekend.

I agree with your main point to some degree, I do find it very odd for an instance that we have not gotten some classes / subclasses yet. And the reason I find it weird is because it will be difficult for us to help Larian if they do not allow us to test the classes. I do not even agree on your point that there has to be new stuff added to the game all the time in order for it to feel alive and well, but rather plain engagement from the developers will do.

Either way - I get the joke, but you're not being fair when comparing finished moba games with a CRPG in EA. These are COMPLETELY different games, with basically nothing in common. And on top of that, the arguments you used are plain incorrect. LoL do most certainly not add a new character every month. They have 3-5 new characters a year. Dota2 usually only add 2-3 characters a year. Smite I do not know, but I very much doubt it is one per month.

Regarding E3, I am with the earlier posts saying that E3 is hardly relevant for a game as far into development as BG3. However, Larian might have been waiting to make their announcement to somehow benefit from the E3 hype - I do not know. We'll just have to wait and see, right now all we have is their "soonTM", and we do not even know what we're waiting for. :']

veteran
veteran
The longer they take, the more I am hoping that they are doing some REALLY major overhauls... like Day/ Night and adjusting UI and Action economy, and dialogues and all the stuff we've been discussing for 6 months.

Im just afraid it's gonna be like last time. What? 1 Class? That's it?

I think I'll go back to my writings again. Speaking of which, is anyone reading The Afflicted story in the General forum and/or enjoying it? Just curious.

Last edited by GM4Him; 12/06/21 01:01 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by GM4Him
The longer they take, the more I am hoping that they are doing some REALLY major overhauls... like Day/ Night and adjusting UI and Action economy, and dialogues and all the stuff we've been discussing for 6 months.

Im just afraid it's gonna be like last time. What? 1 Class? That's it?

I hope that this is it, and not just a bunch of fixes... But I'm really waiting for news. I don't care about the patch. I want to know what state the final version of the game is in, when it will be released, and so on. Concretization helps a lot.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard