Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hey! How did you put the images here?

Also the pic of the bottom is what im referring too, its what i usually see in Drows in the comics and games i have played like SCL. Its not skimpy like the 3rd image you showed. It also looks completely alien to the surface armors and clothing's which is what i think should have been , drow are alien to the surface and superior :D.

The first two look like surface clothing's so i find it a bit non drow.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Glyder01
Hey! How did you put the images here?

You have to have them uploaded somewhere first, like your own website if you have one, or an image storage website that allows offsite linking. Copy the link to the image.
Then when wanting to put images in a comment, click on "Use Full Editor" at the bottom of the comment window, there is an "insert image link" button that looks like a picture of a mountain - that will let you paste the link in using the img tags and it will show up.

Also the pic of the bottom is what im referring too, its what i usually see in Drows in the comics and games i have played like SCL. Its not skimpy like the 3rd image you showed. It also looks completely alien to the surface armors and clothing's which is what i think should have been , drow are alien to the surface and superior laugh.

Yeah that is a pretty cool looking outfit!

Last edited by Alexandrite; 13/06/21 06:01 AM.
addict
addict
On one side I like current drow armor design, on the other I don't recognise in its ornaments those webs mentioned in the description. They look more like leaf streaks for me.
The Drow of the Underdark cover above looks as something that should be taken as reference for new ornaments at least.

P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
That top image is not a Drow. In fact it's not even associated with the forgotten realms in any way, because it's a photoshop of the cover art of a book, specifically Queen of Shadows, by Sarah J Maas, and the main character is mostly human and part fey.

Please don't trust the tags on pinterest, i have found they can be wildly misleading at times. Look at actual sourcebooks, or even the forgotten realms novels, they have good examples of drow armours from over the years.

You can see a much bigger version of the art here

Last edited by Piff; 13/06/21 09:57 AM.
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I figured as much. It didn't look like what you can normally see in DnD comics with drows. Even if the artists created different aesthetics for drows trough out the years , they all share that spider ornate, black/purple color and tight armor and it really bugs me that a game such as BG3 that features the Underdark and drows and we don't see a single item that fits that lore description. Larian should use the armor designs we see in the new Drizzt trailer at the DND website. Those look so good. Deadly & seductive!!. Just like the Drows. Modders might help in this regard but

Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
Originally Posted by Niara
But don't worry; if skin-tight over-sexed revealing 'armour' is what you're after, you can absolutely guarantee that the mod community will have you covered, likely in a half dozen different ways.

<Redacted>
Agree, don't need that in the official game. The op lost me at revealing.

If you're afraid of a little skin, then you should know most of the clothing you see with the mods currently, are taken from the games files, and just made accessible.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 10:54 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
It's more like saying that if you feel uncomfortable with the clothing mods that are currently available in Early access, you'll have a problem with the clothing that they have planned to place in the game. Because the clothing and armor you see on mods sites like Nexus currently, are essentially outfits and armors that Larian has designed and placed in the game files; with some mildly being edited. Plus, the mods on the Nexus aren't even that revealing, so yeah, in my opinion, if you are sensitive to whats on the Nexus right now, you probably should steer away from this game, since the game is going to have SOME revealing clothing, and it's going to have nudity and sex. because, if you're sensitive to revealing clothing, you're probably sensitive to that as well.

Last edited by cool-dude01; 18/06/21 05:03 PM.
addict
addict
<Redacted>
And then If you' actually read the thread, you would find out that OP doesn't want a thing like that.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 10:53 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
Ok. But the Op wasn't asking for everyone to be dressed in skimpy clothes, so you're lingerie comment was stupid. And where do you get " some" out of "Agree, don't need that in the official game." That persons comment was towards someone telling the Op to use the Nexus, which only have outfits contained in the game files.

old hand
old hand
What OP asked for was more Drow armors matching the Drow aesthetic. He even clarified saying he wasn't asking for Skimpy armor.
For me, honestly, variety would be great. If there was a variety of Drow armors it could be cool to see. Basic fighters having darker leathery with spider etchings. Maybe the matriarchs going to the more skimpy end of things cause their armor would be more for optics instead of practicality unless they were prepared to fight or prepared to commit a non crime by leaving no witnesses. Drow have a unique culture and envirornment that would produce outfits unique to them but with the practicality they need. Body revealing parts and skintight don't necessarily mean skimpy, and in fact makes sense for stealthy based fighters who work in the darkness, as they want their movement to not be restricted. But also I would like to see more armored Drow and such, essentially I want variety and to me OPs request matches that want.

<Redacted>

The Op asked if they were going to add any of the Drow armors we see in comic books or lore art. Then they describes what they are talking about. Then they mention, what I assume is the legend of Drizzt video, and says that has some of the armors they referring to. You are so hot and bothered by the word "revealing", you don't even read anything else that was said.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 10:55 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
old hand
old hand
<Redacted>

Woah Woah Woah! I never said skimpy armor when i said revealing. Im not a fan of bikini armors too. Seriously how can i upload an image here? The revealing armors i am am asking for are the ones you seein the Drizzt trailer. its like alight black cuirass with exposed skin in the arms and legs. Also the Matriarch robes look amazing.

PS im not asking for skimpy armor, i just wanted to see some of those cool alien like black leathers/metals tight armor/clothing we see in the comics. laugh

Also some drow weapons would be nice!

I know drow weapons are affected by sunlight but doesn't the game take you down to the underdark for awhile? Down there those items would be greatly efficient and it would be immersive to see drow use these items instead of surface ones! Maybe Drow gear gets a buff down in the Underdark and if in the surface , they get a penalty or we get a notice saying they braked down.

He clarified by saying parts like arms and legs being exposed, which actually matches the drow cause their combat style is more dex based and is about unrestricted smooth movements (or in the case of some, uncompared brutality). He even responded to an above image saying the fourth Pandemonica posted is the type of thing he is looking for instead of the third, Chest is armored with unique style and arms and legs only have cloth.
Sometimes it is good to read through replies cause English isn't always the greatest medium to convey a thought the first time and clarification can sometimes be given, I have made the mistake of missing a core reply multiple times so I try to read through everything.
Also even if he was asking for Skimpy armor, there would be some merit to it cause culturally and historically some fighters have had to fight in more showy or skimpy outfits instead of practical ones. This is typically either cause the fighting was for show like in Roman Coliseums, or it was a cultural or tribal thing. And either would match the Drow since they have kidnapped people and forced them to fight in arena's for entertainment and they put a lot of cultural significance on Lolth and her ideals, like how a crime hasn't been committed if there is no witnesses (if I remember correctly), a matriarchal society, and considering the drow to be superior and more beautiful than other races. In lore Drow priestesses would wear more skimpy armor which is more ceremonial and symbolic than anything practical beyond perhaps enchantments on it, while the warriors wore more tight leathers and spidery plates, and their colors with said armor is typically black. So honestly, even if he wanted Bikini Armor in the game, there genuinely would be a place for it because of the variety of cultures and styles in Faerun, in the same vein I'd want to see other armor styles of different places like BG Guard armor being different from Waterdevian Guard Armor, and even Gobbos having different styles based on what they have scraped together and where they are in the Gobbo society.

Edit: Also to be that weird guy, if Women get skimpy armor I also think Men should too in some capacity, equality and again gives a good variety that fleshes out the world and makes each culture more distinct. Like, if each "group" has their own style it'll make the game much more distinctive and reflective of DND. I'd love to, if we ever encounter beings like them, to see Efreeti Armor or even find different armors for devils and such in the higher levels.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 10:56 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
The great thing about the original Drow armor, is it varied. You could have more "revealing" armor on Priestesses, to more extensive armor for melee.

[Linked Image from i956.photobucket.com]

This is a Lineage II game Dark ELF FYI... I played that game for over 6 years so very familiar with that image/race/pose. And scantily clad was the theme for Dark elves in that game (both male and female).

addict
addict
You guys struggle to find a pic of drow armor so here you go :
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zhAWsKtUBPs/YKYXqT3Z0vI/AAAAAAAAeLU/ZUnN9O-7lYIHKkHxlQfht3OweYlka6urQCNcBGAsYHQ/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/drow%2Bfull%2Bplate.jpg

Last edited by virion; 24/06/21 04:45 AM.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
The great thing about the original Drow armor, is it varied. You could have more "revealing" armor on Priestesses, to more extensive armor for melee.
[Linked Image from static.wikia.nocookie.net]
[Linked Image from static.wikia.nocookie.net]
[Linked Image from i956.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

I really love Lineage 2 armor... The design of the dark elves in this game rly awesome, even if it is frank. And, indeed, even the men had quite frank and dark armor. I would like that in the game we had at least one armor similar type. At least for mage... But if no, then we have mods smile
[Linked Image from cdn1.savepice.ru]
[Linked Image from cdn1.savepice.ru]

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard