Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Noé Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Hey Larian, any news about WASD movement ? I've been trying to get back to the game but the click-to-move thing really is killing my pleasure... frown Pleaaaaase just let us the option to toggle it if we want <3

Also, everytime I set the camera free then get back to character-anchored camera, I have to zoom out a bit to get to full zoom out, do you guys know any way to automaticaly set the character-anchored camera to full zoom out ? Thank you !

addict
addict
I think the controls are versitile as they are now. Many times I zoom in to the max and just follow the party with the camera, using the keyboard. And sometimes you click on a point they have to go to. The experience is very close to directly directing your main character. For some situations you can zoom back out. But the close up camera definitely has another level of immersiveness.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Tuco
I’m definitely NOT a fan of “WASD controls” in a game that is meant to be first and foremost an isometric/top down one, but admittedly few games managed to make it SOMEWHAT work in a hybrid system. Like Dragon Age Origins.

Someone mentioned NWN2, which had the options but I wouldn’t take that game as a model of ANYTHING as I remember hating both its controls and its UI.

Still, not a fan. In a party-based game I want to have constant control of the position of everyone. Not pretend to be in a third person game and look up close to how low the detail of textures is when zoomed at few cm from my face.

I don’t think I’m going to surprise anyone after repeating it for eight months straight and putting it even in my signature, but my actual preference as usual would be for having far more competent “RTS-styled controls” (you know, like the past BG games and pretty much any competent party based isometric RPG of the last 20 years) and ditch completely the indecent obscenity that is this chain/unchain horror that Larian insists on using.

Well WASD has been the general way to move along with using the mouse to rotate the camera.

I would fine playing this game a whole lot better if there was WASD movement and being able to turn around with the mouse. I am basically using WASD since I select a point to where I want to move and having to use the W Key to keep up with my character.

But then I have to use the Delete and End keys to turn around totally annoying and WASD and mouse control would be far, far better.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
You can turn holding the middle mouse button...

You can wasd+turn the camera pretty easy.

apprentice
apprentice
I agree that I would love to have the option to move the character directly. For anything strategic, we would probably switch out of this, but when you're just wandering around the Druid's Grove talking to people, it would feel more immersive to me.

N
Noé Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
I tried to get back to BG3, the game is sooooo appealing, but I really can't stand the point-and-click movement system. It feels unnatural, clumsy and distant. Like I'm not part of the game, I'm not the characters, I just watch what happens. It just feels wrong.

It has been impossible for me to reach more than level 2 on any character because of this. I think this is the 4th or 5th this year. I really want to play BG3, so bad. There's this and the alt toggle option missing (????).

Can we know at least if you're planning on implementing WASD character-control in the future ? Thank you a lot, again.

G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
WASD sure worked for Mutant Year Zero, it made it feel more like you're searching or exploring. Click, wait, click, wait, click wait, makes it boring.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 02/01/22 03:18 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard