Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Arne
Yep, they are not companions.
That was my point tho. laugh
Why would "regular ordinary person" go to adventure with us? laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zellin
He is incompetent leader, who even admits that himself. It's not a dumb story, it's normal realistic story about how people do make mistakes.
Yes ... Halsin certainly did a misstake ...
But i would not call him incompetent. :-/

- We dont know how ambicious Kagha was while he was around ... after all, his presence alone was more than enough to cool her down. laugh
- The same we have no idea what creatures, or how often attacked the groove ... i mean, we know about litteraly two attacks of Goblin scout parties ... one is that Aradin lead there, and second one is that where was Sazza ... yes, we know that Drow with Goblins attacked Halsin and Nettie, but either i simply forgot, or there is never told where they attacked them ...
Was it another attack to Groove itself? Or they simply attacked them in wilderness, when they were i dunno ... gathering herbs prehaps?
Personaly i thrust the second option more, since:
1) The corpse is in the room, that is acessible from secret passage and locked.
2) No one else seems to know about the tadpole, nor the Drow.
3) Nettie is the only one who is able to unlock the secret passage.
4) Nettie gets that crown, wich unlocks it, from Halsin.
- And finaly, we have litteraly no idea how long Halsin was gone!

I mean ...
Halsin could easily leave in the time, where everything seems manageable ... and Kagha could as easily simply took and opourtunity of power vacuum, to iniciate a coup.
You say that druids hated tieflings ... until they had strong and respected leader who held a protective hand over tieflings, druids could be unhappy, but that is all (you can imagine it as angry people who swear when nobody listen) ... but once that protective hand dissapeared, and new leader even start to encourage the quarrels ... situation simply escalated.
And about his leaving ... i believe he had good reason. :-/ Goblins were attacking anyone and anything who, or what they meet in the woods ... there is Strength in numbers. And when Halsin find out that Aradin is goint the same way? Why would he not use such opourtunity?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Zellin
He is incompetent leader, who even admits that himself. It's not a dumb story, it's normal realistic story about how people do make mistakes.
Yes ... Halsin certainly did a misstake ...
But i would not call him incompetent. :-/

- We dont know how ambicious Kagha was while he was around ... after all, his presence alone was more than enough to cool her down. laugh
- The same we have no idea what creatures, or how often attacked the groove ... i mean, we know about litteraly two attacks of Goblin scout parties ... one is that Aradin lead there, and second one is that where was Sazza ... yes, we know that Drow with Goblins attacked Halsin and Nettie, but either i simply forgot, or there is never told where they attacked them ...
Was it another attack to Groove itself? Or they simply attacked them in wilderness, when they were i dunno ... gathering herbs prehaps?
Personaly i thrust the second option more, since:
1) The corpse is in the room, that is acessible from secret passage and locked.
2) No one else seems to know about the tadpole, nor the Drow.

I agree with everything you are saying, but I recall Volo saying he saw the tadpole in Halsins lab but he thought it was a replica. This is a convo after you rescue volo.

But we know Volo is kind of an idiot.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Maybe Volo get exclusive peak ...
Or Halsin (also) thrusted him, when he claimed that he is practicaly and expert for Mind Flayers. laugh

Originally Posted by Arne
Yep, they are not companions.
That was my point tho. laugh
Why would "regular ordinary person" go to adventure with us? laugh

Why does Frodo leave the Shire to certain death? Because Tolkien felt it would be a great story.

veteran
veteran
From Frodo's perspective?
I think it is fair to at least mention the fact that, unlike other hobbits, it is explicitly mentioned that he was extremely curious and liked to discover new things.
Moreover, given the nature of their village, he had no idea of the horrors and dangers of the outside world.

But just if we find such a commoner in Baldur's Gate 3, I see no reason not to take him with us. laugh

old hand
old hand
There is a reason Fire Emblem has the villager archetype amongst its classes. It gives you characters who do start off as relatively normal people who grow into heroes. I wouldn't mind finding a fighter or rogue that starts off as a basic villager but when push comes to shove rises to the occasion.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I think it is fair to at least mention the fact that, unlike other hobbits, it is explicitly mentioned that he was extremely curious and liked to discover new things.
Moreover, given the nature of their village, he had no idea of the horrors and dangers of the outside world.

But just if we find such a commoner in Baldur's Gate 3, I see no reason not to take him with us. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ok, have fun. You can make it a game to see how long they last. :P

Blackheifer
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Challenge, beat the final boss with the base commoner.
More seriously, even if they had that stat line I think people would want them recruited just for the character. They would be fairly normal which would help our other companions actually stand out and feel more distinct while also making the group feel more grounded.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
ME? laugh
Arne wanted them. laugh Khajiit is innocent of this crime!

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 11/06/21 07:25 PM.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard