Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DrDrizzyT
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
but since value of this topic cant go lower
It astonishes me how you think that a complete lack of communication from Larian on this project is just okay.

But hey, to each their own.
I dare you to quote where i said that. smile

Or i can save your some time and tell you imediatly that i didnt ... therefore i dunno where you get that, but it was certainly not in my mouth. wink

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 11/06/21 05:52 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
It astonishes me how you think that a complete lack of communication from Larian on this project is just okay.

Or i can save your some time and tell you imediatly that i didnt ... therefore i dunno where you get that, but it was certainly not in my mouth. wink

Such a thing exists as an 'implied statement'. You didn't say these words specifically, but almost every post you've made over the last week has been passive-aggressively downplaying the issue at hand, and repeatedly besmirching people for rightfully being upset about the lack of communication. And anyone interested only needs to read the first page of this post to see that.

For instance:

"i cant help the feeling that the only acurate reaction would be posting picture of infant with tears in his eyes. :-/"

"Do people really believe that Larian pays someone to check media, and estimate the level of anger within the fan base ... bcs they refuse to tell us anything "until we are angry enough" ? O_o"

"you dont get update for few weeks, when the word "soonâ„¢" is promissed and sudently everyone looses their mind about "will it even be released", "is it even still developed". -_-
That is pure overreaction ..."

...just on my post. Not even considering the other post about a similar topic you've spent a considerable amount of time fervently dismissing what are, in my mind at least, valid concerns. I just don't understand your complete lack of empathy toward the topic. If you paid someone to make you a full pizza, they made one slice, and said 'more is coming soon' and then you sat at your table for like 45 minutes without a single update, would you not be slightly agitated? Or would you appreciate an update on where the rest of your pizza is in the process? Surely you can recognize the concern some people are having about the lack of communication...

V
journeyman
journeyman
V

Such a thing exists as an 'implied statement'. You didn't say these words specifically, but almost every post you've made over the last week has been passive-aggressively downplaying the issue at hand, and repeatedly besmirching people for rightfully being upset about the lack of communication. And anyone interested only needs to read the first page of this post to see that.

For instance:

"i cant help the feeling that the only acurate reaction would be posting picture of infant with tears in his eyes. :-/"

"Do people really believe that Larian pays someone to check media, and estimate the level of anger within the fan base ... bcs they refuse to tell us anything "until we are angry enough" ? O_o"

"you dont get update for few weeks, when the word "soonâ„¢" is promissed and sudently everyone looses their mind about "will it even be released", "is it even still developed". -_-

...just on my post. Not even considering the other post about a similar topic you've spent a considerable amount of time fervently dismissing what are, in my mind at least, valid concerns. I just don't understand your complete lack of empathy toward the topic. If you paid someone to make you a full pizza, they made one slice, and said 'more is coming soon' and then you sat at your table for like 45 minutes without a single update, would you not be slightly agitated? Or would you appreciate an update on where the rest of your pizza is in the process? Surely you can recognize the concern some people are having about the lack of communication...

Dude, just ignore him and move on. He entertains himself more than he does others, while making moot points that he thinks are very clever. Its best to ignore and move on.

veteran
veteran
I gladly take full responces for what i said ...
But not for how did you understand it. wink

You could ask instead of presuming ... maybe you even should have asked, when i told you that you are presuming wrong ... instead you start to conving me about that you are right, and therefore you know the reasons for my own actions? O_o
Well, all that remains for me is to tell you as it seems. smile

"value of this topic cant go lower"

All abowe, is about the very same thing i keep criticise in this topic the whole time of its existence ...
You people are overreacting ...

- Being concerned? Totaly okey.
- Politely asking for another info? Quite allright. smile (BTW ... i do that all the time on Twitter, if you watch Larian there is totally possible you have seen some of my questions about the promised Community Update. wink )
- Demanding something? Not quite okey, but mangeable ... if that isnt happening too often.
- Spamming all social media with your own demands? Unacceptable (i dont say that you do that ... its just accelerating of attitude and it would not feel complete without this)
- And finaly ... starting conspiracy theories about game not being developed anymore, even tho not even whole month ago we get promissed that another info will be provided "soon" ... well, i presume you can gues how fine such attitude is. laugh

Am i making fun of this topic?
Yes ... totaly ... and i was not even much subtile about it, so i ges it should not surprise you. laugh
But ... you kinda asked for it. :P

If you paid someone to make you a full pizza, they made one slice, and said 'more is coming soon' and then you sat at your table for like 45 minutes without a single update, would you not be slightly agitated? Or would you appreciate an update on where the rest of your pizza is in the process?
I would have to adjust that example, bcs it dont seem acurate:
If you paid someone to make you a full pizza, and that someone will warn you that this is very special kind of pizza, that will be baked for a unpecified, but certainly looooooooong period of time, but before it will be done ... they offered you to taste one slice, and tells you :"if there is anything that is not good for your taste, let me know and i see what i can doo about it ... then, after some time they bring you another, much smaller slice ... that contains some new ingrediens, and some that tasted badly for you are allready missing ... then, after some time, they said 'information about more, and more importantly about that baking process you asked for is comming soon' and then you sat at your table for like 45 minutes without a single update, would you not be slightly agitated? Or would you appreciate an update on where the rest of your pizza is in the process?

Now when our example is acurate ...
Yes, i would be agitated. smile
But i woul certainly not ambush the kitchen screeming "WHERE THE HELLS IS MY PIZZA! I DEMAND MY PIZZA! IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT YOU NEVER PROMISED ME ANY TIME, OR DATE I DEMANT IT NOW BCS I PAYED FOR SOMETHING, AND NOW I DECIDEED THAT I NO LONGER CARE ABOUT AGREEMEND WE HAD BACK THEN!"
But maybe that is just me. smile

Surely you can recognize the concern some people are having about the lack of communication...
Concern ... yes. smile
But the rest? Well ... as i said abowe. wink

veteran
veteran
The quick and easy solution: Don't care about what others think. What I mean is, if your entire post is about your opinion on someone else's opinion, it's probably a post not worth posting. This goes for you as well, Ragnarok.

Focus on the topic, not the person. Further inter-personal ramblings of "he said, she said" or any forms of quick "gotcha" snips at others will result in the thread closing. That includes the slightest attempts at having the final word.

Just stop it.

old hand
old hand
Maybe we should start evaluating "soon" on geological timescales. A thousand years, give or take a century?

old hand
old hand
Coming soon: the heat death of the universe and the full release of BG3. Buy your reservation at Milliways now - it's going to be great show!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Coming soon: the heat death of the universe and the full release of BG3. Buy your reservation at Milliways now - it's going to be great show!

Could I get a Gin N Tonic please?

Blackheifer
O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

But that place is like way out at the end of the universe.

P
addict
addict
P

Don't forget your towel.

old hand
old hand
Maybe we should capture Larian and force them to listen to poetry.

old hand
old hand
Vogon poetry? That might be hard, since no one but a Vogon could stand to read that stuff out loud, and Vogons are - fortunately, and for the moment - scarce in these parts.

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by CJMPinger

Maybe that is what happened, and the flood was a cover story? Its always those damn Vogans!

Last edited by Pandemonica; 13/06/21 02:32 AM.
Nope. This game is no longer being made.

Originally Posted by CJMPinger

Vogon Poetry ... just to be extra special about it.

old hand
old hand
Oh freddled gruntbuggly...

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

Do you mean Gin N Topic?

enthusiast
enthusiast
No, the game has been cancelled, and replaced on the schedule with Backyardiggans on Ice, an FPC and the Prequel Saga Baldurs Gate 1/2: The Construction of Candlekeep, a construction Sim.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Anfindel
No, the game has been cancelled, and replaced on the schedule with Backyardiggans on Ice, an FPC and the Prequel Saga Baldurs Gate 1/2: The Construction of Candlekeep, a construction Sim.

You jest, but something like Dragon Quest builders in Faerun could be a fun and dumb thing to play.

veteran
veteran
Seriously?
I heard that when the developers found out how popular Solasta is, they decided it is not worth trying to compete with such a masterpiece ... and the day after that Larian went bankrupt.

//edit:
Or, maybe, they are simply vaiting for another flood ... just to honor the tradition.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/06/21 08:58 PM.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard