Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
<Redacted> probably meant Reckless Attack, not Rage.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 11:58 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
veteran
veteran
I see. laugh
That indeed change things a bit. smile

But yeah, i believe we allready talked about reckless attack in other threat, didnt we?

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
I dunno ... im irredeemable optimist in this case ...

So i would say that odd that throwing is done without checks are simmilar to odds that we just simply dont see them in combat log. laugh
But honestly i never tryed to throw a goblin with my Wizzard, who had 8Str so ... they are probably simmilar to odds that im simply wrong here. laugh

About damage ... yes, diping gives you another 1d4 if im not mistaken ... i dont quite see how that negates raging, wich would give you 1d4+2 for attacking with dipped weapon. O_o
But i gues it would something like "+2 would be much better buff without it" ... well ... /shrug ... buff is still there, there is no way to get the same buff, buff stacks with other buff ... therefore buff keeps unaffected.

SO i presume that is why bother with Barbarian. laugh

Niara #776932 14/06/21 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Niara
How can you rant on something for hours and hate it so vehemently when you, by your own recent admission actually know next to nothing about it, don't understand it, and have never had any actual contact with it at an experiential level?

You actually can't.

I'd invite you to try, in an articulate, reasoned and sensible fashion, giving back up to what you have to say and explanations for your impressions. Please - it might help some of us understand your apparent loathing of this thing that you don't really know anything about, by your own admission.

Because smart Alek, I said I knew nothing about the rules of TT D&D. After three playtest run throughs of Early Access BG3 and testing the combat system thoroughly, I know all I need to know about the Sorcery system and how restrictive it is, and how it makes Wizards paper Tigers. There's a reason almost every other game in existence uses the Mana system for magic. If you want a reasoned, articulate and sensible expansion on my feelings, go do some research into my posts regarding the combat system as a whole, and how in its current state it falls short of what should be acceptable to ship with. Franky I could not care less what the rules of D&D are, I only care that the game I stupidly paid a premium price for is released with a combat system that is fit for purpose. Right now it is not.

veteran
veteran
I believe that would be impossible ...
Since i dont find any paralel between those arguments, nor i find most of them valid ... as you can see abowe. O_o

Anyway, as i said before ...
My personal gues would be that Aberrant Sorcerer would be inspiration for his tadpole powers ...
But i really doubt we get tadpole-power origin for Sorcerer, that is refusing to use his tadpole. O_o

And as i said before, i certainly can be totally wrong. smile

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by Chief_Jericho
How can you rant on something for hours and hate it so vehemently when you, by your own recent admission actually know next to nothing about it, don't understand it, and have never had any actual contact with it at an experiential level?

You actually can't.

I'd invite you to try, in an articulate, reasoned and sensible fashion, giving back up to what you have to say and explanations for your impressions. Please - it might help some of us understand your apparent loathing of this thing that you don't really know anything about, by your own admission.

Because smart Alek, I said I knew nothing about the rules of TT D&D. After three playtest run throughs of Early Access BG3 and testing the combat system thoroughly, I know all I need to know about the Sorcery system and how restrictive it is, and how it makes Wizards paper Tigers. There's a reason almost every other game in existence uses the Mana system for magic. If you want a reasoned, articulate and sensible expansion on my feelings, go do some research into my posts regarding the combat system as a whole, and how in its current state it falls short of what should be acceptable to ship with. Franky I could not care less what the rules of D&D are, I only care that the game I stupidly paid a premium price for is released with a combat system that is fit for purpose. Right now it is not.

Which game do you think has the best magic system? Can you give us a couple of examples, please?

D
addict
addict
D

You actually can't.

You may debate the merits of the D&D system of magic (aka "Vancian Magic") as much as you want, but I think that this is a point that is VERY unlikely to change. It is fundamental to every version of Dungeons and Dragons, for better or worse, and a game system licensed from Wizards of the Coast WILL include it. You might want to look into a refund if you find this to be a pain point for you.

Last edited by dwig; 14/06/21 02:02 PM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Let's calm down everyone! I don't want the modders shutting this thread down due to fighting.
Back to Sorcerous Origins, is Wild Magic from a Chaotic plane such a Limbo or the Abyss or is it just a fluke of the Weave?

Evil always finds a way.
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Player's Handbook
Wild Magic
Your innate magic comes from the forces of chaos that underlie the order of creation. You might have endured exposure to raw magic, perhaps through a planar portal leading to Limbo, the Elemental Planes, or the Far Realm. Perhaps you were blessed by a fey being or marked by a demon. Or your magic could be a fluke of your birth, with no apparent cause. However it came to be, this magic churns within you, waiting for any outlet.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
Let's calm down everyone! I don't want the modders shutting this thread down due to fighting.
Back to Sorcerous Origins, is Wild Magic from a Chaotic plane such a Limbo or the Abyss or is it just a fluke of the Weave?

Honestly, 5e is flexible enough that its on the player to explain it. It could be a fluke of the weave, energy from another plane, or even just natural magic the person was born with cause weird genetics, or you could even RP it as a curse of sorts.

"Your innate magic comes from the wild forces of chaos that underlie the order of creation. You might have endured exposure to some form of raw magic, perhaps through a planar portal leading to Limbo, the Elemental Planes, or the mysterious Far Realm. Perhaps you were blessed by a powerful fey creature or marked by a demon. Or your magic could be a fluke of your birth, with no apparent cause or reason. However it came to be, this chaotic magic churns within you, waiting for any outlet."

stranger
stranger
Because smart Alek, I said I knew nothing about the rules of TT D&D. After three playtest run throughs of Early Access BG3 and testing the combat system thoroughly, I know all I need to know about the Sorcery system and how restrictive it is[...]

Just so you can clarify your point, you seem to profoundly dislike the spell slot system, which is fine, and then this is simply not the game for you. I really don't think they're going away because as other said they are a core dnd mechanic for every edition except 4e (which had more or less of a cooldown based system). But to make things clearer: sorcery points are NOT spell slots, they are an extra resource to manage, line the battlemaster's superiroty dice, or the monk's ki points, or the druid's wild shape, etc. At that point honestly i can just hope that larian won't butcher the class too much.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I really like some of the homebrewed bloodlines/lineages/origins. My favorite is infernal which is Homebrewed. It was inspired by the Pathfinder Bloodlines.
Link to Homebrew Infernal Bloodline
Which if any are your favorite.

Evil always finds a way.
veteran
veteran
Summoning greater Demon on level 6 seem quite powerfull. O_o

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
I really like some of the homebrewed bloodlines/lineages/origins. My favorite is infernal which is Homebrewed. It was inspired by the Pathfinder Bloodlines.
Link to Homebrew Infernal Bloodline
Which if any are your favorite.

Funny, I've made my own only a few days ago: https://docdro.id/HwKaAzP

enthusiast
enthusiast
I am looking forward to sorcerer more than any other addition to the game. I so want to roleplay a char recently exposed to wild magic and thus trying to learn newfound abilities. I hope wild magic tree is done well!!

I also hope that there will be some response of chars like Gale and Wyll to the sorcerer brand of magic. I was surprised Gale had no strong comments or opinions (beyond a mention) when I played thru as a warlock. However, from what I understand, wizards usually look down on sorcerers and vice versa. I hope Larian implements more reaction from the party regarding ur char’s race/ class / background overall. It would be even more fun if Gale does not like you at first for being a sorcerer and Shadowheart does not trust you because ur wild magic is unpredictable (for example).

I haven’t played tabletop in many many years, but I really like the idea of limited spells/cantrips but with neat tweaks to those spells as you level up via metamagic (thanks for list Ragnarok!). I hope very much they make it as distinct from wizards and warlocks in the game as it is in DnD games. As of now…there feels like too much overlap between all the classes. If they do that with the sorcerer in particular, it will ruin the fun of that class I think.

Last edited by timebean; 25/06/21 09:30 PM.
veteran
veteran
Sorcerers don't feel as appealing now that Wizards can change their prepared spells at will without resting. Their flexibility is through the roof and switching out stuff like Mage Armor after casting it is the same as giving them +1 prepared spells. They would have to correct that when they add the Sorcerer class. And also fix Wizards learning Cleric spells.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I really hate that about the Wizards in early access. Yes, they can learn new spells from scrolls, but only wizard/arcane spells. If they could learn cleric spells they would be more broken than the Divine Soul Sorcerers.

Evil always finds a way.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I really hope we get the Aberrant Mind Sorcerer unveiled via Tasha's. Here is a link to the overview.
Aberrant Mind Sorcerer

Evil always finds a way.
addict
addict
Aberrant Mind would be incredibly fitting. It actually released (the first UA, that is) around the time BG3 was announced, so my thought was that it's somewhat related. No idea if it's really the case though.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard