Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#777060 15/06/21 09:18 PM
veteran
OP Online Embarrased
veteran
This might not even be suggestion for Larian, as more like for moders. laugh
There is something im thinking about for quite some time ...

In most RPG i play i kinda struggle with character creation ... faces are worse to be honest, if game provide at least two nice faces (for single race), personaly i concider it as almost unbelievable sucess ...

But next to faces, on second position there are hairstyles. :-/
And while Faces are hard to solve, hairstyles can be potentialy much easier.
I dunno how many of you have the same problem, but when i look at hairstyles in games i kinda often thinks something like "hey i like this ponytail ... oh but that fringe is simply horrible" ...
So, most hairstyles is in the end half-useable at best.

And therefore i wonder ...
> How about allowing us to take two hairstyles at once and simply combine them?

I mean, just think about it ... by doubling the same amount of hairstyles and allowing combination ... you multiplicate the total amount of looks several times! With no additional work, since all models are allready there. laugh
I know what some of you probably are thinking right now ... you are imagining the mostrosities we could create with non-fiting hairstyles. laugh
Well ... yes, but so what? Even Larian specificly told us to go wild. laugh

Thank you for reading. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/06/21 09:19 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
If you've spent time on the Nexus website, several modders have already done precisely what you've suggested - to the point I hope Larian go over, look at it ... and steal the idea (with credit where due!).

Not the only one hoping when they begin reaching the endgame just prior to V1, that we see some serious upgrades to customisation.

Dez Offline
addict
addict
I am more often than not able to "make do" with whatever the game has to offer. Faces, hair and such are often so far off the radar on my part that I usually just pretty much revamp it completely in my head.

Think it as comparing the player model in Pathfinder Kingmaker with their portraits! The ingame model is so far off the mark that the portrait does pretty much everything for me.

One thing that I seriously dread and have a much harder time getting past is **DREADFUL ARMOR!!!!!!** >.< I died inside when my sneaky ranger and my cool and edgy assassin in DoS2 had to wear that ABSOLUTELY HIDEOUS PIECE that is the royal blue armor. -_- Armor in DoS2, beside the caster armor, was generally so-very-much-not-in-my-taste imo. Thankfully, armor in BG3 (according to the datamining) does not seem at all as bad as I feared - and thus I am sorta satisfied. Most of it even looks really good!

Regarding faces... Don't get me started on how much I dislike the elven faces (both male and female ones). Not because they don't look nice - because they do. BUT! They look like half-elves at best because there is nothing elven about their features. Not a single one of them, not for male nor females. They look much more human than I am comfortable with (there is a good in-depth discussion of this here somewhere on the forums).

Regarding hair - sorta-ish satisfied with the hair styles... Sure, they feel limiting at best but it feels nowhere near as critically off-the-mark as the faces. For females, I usually run with either the hairstyle swept to the side, or the thick ponytail. For male, I usually use the long, back-combed style for elves, and shorter of the same version for human/half-elves. Something I do feel like I really am missing is a simple braid hairstyle with the tail on either shoulder (like my profile picture)... I am a sucker for braids of varying styles in general - but especially the more viking-themed / fantasy themed braid-haircuts.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
Got to say from my perspective most of the male hair styles simply are horrendous at present. I can live with 3 of the styles... and the bald look... that's pretty much it. But I am not a real fan of any of them. The woman styles at least have more favorable options (6-8 of them). Faces are also lacking seriously, and I agree on the elve Dez, though male elf 2 (same as Astarian uses), and female elf 3 are the best options for "elf" that I have seen thus far.

veteran
OP Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Lethan
If you've spent time on the Nexus website, several modders have already done precisely what you've suggested - to the point I hope Larian go over, look at it ... and steal the idea (with credit where due!).

Not the only one hoping when they begin reaching the endgame just prior to V1, that we see some serious upgrades to customisation.
Honestly i didnt even check Nexus yet ...
Last time i was there it was for skyrim, and they required me to make an account for downloading the mods ... i mean i get it, but its anoying to keep registering somewhere, then deleting tons of spams of "super important changes in terms of using" -_- or mess with settings, etc. etc ... basicaly, when i dont need something, i dont register there ... so Nexus is on my personal black list for around a half of decade +/-.

But if you have some specific mod in mind, feel free to share!

veteran
OP Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Dez
I am more often than not able to "make do" with whatever the game has to offer. Faces, hair and such are often so far off the radar on my part that I usually just pretty much revamp it completely in my head.
Yeah, i know what you mean ...
But that is kinda different situation. laugh
When there is harstyle that you would like, but there is nothing even simmilar ingame, all you can do is sigh and go look for mods. laugh

What im talking about is useable styles, but "not quite there". smile

This is my favourite example:
Here you can see three hairstyles mixed to one ...
And i believe its working more than perfectly. :3

Also, you can notice multiple earrings. laugh
[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

And BTW this character is origin of the idea ... it was born around eleven years in the past, so far Blizzard didnt note of my suggestion and didnt alowed to mix hairstyles, or earings ... but i still believe it would be freaking AWESOME!

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Dez
Yeah, i know what you mean ...
But that is kinda different situation. laugh
When there is harstyle that you would like, but there is nothing even simmilar ingame, all you can do is sigh and go look for mods. laugh

What im talking about is useable styles, but "not quite there". smile

This is my favourite example:
Here you can see three hairstyles mixed to one ...
And i believe its working more than perfectly. :3

Also, you can notice multiple earrings. laugh
[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

And BTW this character is origin of the idea ... it was born around eleven years in the past, so far Blizzard didnt note of my suggestion and didnt alowed to mix hairstyles, or earings ... but i still believe it would be freaking AWESOME!

I *really* like your example! That is exactly the kind of hairstyles I adore as well laugh My BE is currently running with the one side braid from that very mix. Unfortunately, since we're talking about Blizzard, I have kind of just accepted that their style-choices will always be EXTREMELY limited 90% of the time (at best :'] ). They do have some great hairstyles, imo, for orc females and even NE has some great ones, so I been considering swapping to orc (they also have nothing short of amazing tattoos and face paints as of SL!) - however, regardless of the Blizzard orc's history and life-style, I always felt like orcs do not match the kind of quick-and-agile hunter with a hint of magical weaving (*cough* old-school survival hunter *cough*) that I prefer as class fantasy. But that is obviously 100% a personal opinion. :']

Back on track!

If they could add something similar to your suggestion (Larian that is), then I would be delighted! I mean, perhaps the haircut in particular is a bit too "urban" for the sun elves, but it makes more than sense for moon elves and definitely for wood elves! Take notes, Larian! :'D Until then, I'll settle with using the thick ponytail for my ranger and the sideswept hair for my warlock. :]

OH! And let's not forget about actual BODY tattoos! Please, Larian? <3

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian

Link Copied to Clipboard