Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Joined: May 2021
Location: Helsinki
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: May 2021
Location: Helsinki
But you can stack Mirror Image and Blur in DnD 5e, can't you?

Joined: Oct 2020
S
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
S
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by zamo
But you can stack Mirror Image and Blur in DnD 5e, can't you?

as far as I know yes, since mirror image doesn't require concentration

Joined: Jun 2021
Location: Netherlands
K
stranger
Offline
stranger
K
Joined: Jun 2021
Location: Netherlands
Ah gotcha, so is blur and mirror image supposed to be concentration based or durationbased under 5e? Bit hard to know sometimes. Too many games homebrew it for gamepurposes hehe. Overall happy with both games though. Just hope Larian will add some easy to use modding tools to BG3 to make it possible for community to come up with costum modules in case Larian never learns the art of expanding existing games hehe.

Last edited by Kimuriel; 16/06/21 11:21 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
S
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
S
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Kimuriel
Ah gotcha, so is blur and mirror image supposed to be concentration based or durationbased under 5e? Bit hard to know sometimes. Too many games homebrew it for gamepurposes hehe. Overall happy with both games though. Just hope Larian will add some easy to use modding tools to BG3 to make it possible for community to come up with costum modules in case Larian never learns the art of expanding existing games hehe.

blur is concentration based but lasts for a maximum of 1 minute. Mirror image is not concentration based, but lasts also for a maximum of 1 minute (in 5e). in the game, (I think) both last 10 turns.

Joined: Jun 2021
Location: Netherlands
K
stranger
Offline
stranger
K
Joined: Jun 2021
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by Sigi98
Originally Posted by Kimuriel
Ah gotcha, so is blur and mirror image supposed to be concentration based or durationbased under 5e? Bit hard to know sometimes. Too many games homebrew it for gamepurposes hehe. Overall happy with both games though. Just hope Larian will add some easy to use modding tools to BG3 to make it possible for community to come up with costum modules in case Larian never learns the art of expanding existing games hehe.

blur is concentration based but lasts for a maximum of 1 minute. Mirror image is not concentration based, but lasts also for a maximum of 1 minute (in 5e). in the game, (I think) both last 10 turns.

Yeah that is correct, I wonder if we wil get spells such as shield in this, seeing it is not a spell with explosions.. Is Chromatic Orb still a thing in 5e?

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
My laundry room flooded on sunday (grr!) and the thought crossed my mind, "I wonder if this counts as a flood that triggers a BG3 update?"
I have no association with Larian of course, though, so it did not. :P
Maybe it was not enough ...
Try to use more water next time. laugh


I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Jun 2021
T
member
Offline
member
T
Joined: Jun 2021
Originally Posted by zamo
But you can stack Mirror Image and Blur in DnD 5e, can't you?

yes and if the implemented flag is switched to true in solasta, then it will have the same function as in BG3 and 5e, which is why solasta isn't anti buff stacking, 5e is.

Joined: Jun 2021
Location: Netherlands
K
stranger
Offline
stranger
K
Joined: Jun 2021
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
My laundry room flooded on sunday (grr!) and the thought crossed my mind, "I wonder if this counts as a flood that triggers a BG3 update?"
I have no association with Larian of course, though, so it did not. :P
Maybe it was not enough ...
Try to use more water next time. laugh
You could also try lobbing a water balloon at Swen, rusty armour might just be the motivation he needs smile

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Meanwhile, on my third play through of BG2 since EA. Trying out the Bard Blade kit (with updated bard wizard spell progression and extra songs from ice wind dale via mods...) with a custom buffed up thief/mage pseudo dragon familiar smile
That greater Olyugh from the first dungeon is super OP (SCS/Revised battles mod) tricky fight. He summons Skeleton warriors and has tons of debuffs...
Go for the eyes BOO!!
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 16/06/21 11:40 AM.
Joined: Jun 2021
T
member
Offline
member
T
Joined: Jun 2021
Originally Posted by Kimuriel
Yeah that is correct, I wonder if we wil get spells such as shield in this, seeing it is not a spell with explosions.. Is Chromatic Orb still a thing in 5e?


Shield should be in BG3 but i have no idea how it could function as designed with the current reaction system.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by Kimuriel
You could also try lobbing a water balloon at Swen, rusty armour might just be the motivation he needs smile
I dont know about Swen ...
But i would welcome water balloon in this hot weather sometimes. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 16/06/21 11:45 AM.

I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Jun 2021
Location: Netherlands
K
stranger
Offline
stranger
K
Joined: Jun 2021
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by TestyMcTesterson
Originally Posted by Kimuriel
Yeah that is correct, I wonder if we wil get spells such as shield in this, seeing it is not a spell with explosions.. Is Chromatic Orb still a thing in 5e?


Shield should be in BG3 but i have no idea how it could function as designed with the current reaction system.

Will have to wait and see anyway smile I'm not expecting the spell list to be as expansive as the original BG's anyway hehe. I hope if they do do cameos of original cast members of the old series, that they bother to get the OG voiceactors. Which is why I'd prefer them not to bring in old faces as such lol. Most of the time those cameos get a bit meh or overtly fanservice-ey

I'll probably do a 3rd playthrough of baldur's gate series again to get my D&D fix.. or might just finish Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition.

Last edited by Kimuriel; 16/06/21 11:47 AM.
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
EDIT Wow, I did that.
Posting a message in the wrong thread 😑

Last edited by Maximuuus; 16/06/21 03:37 PM.
Joined: Dec 2020
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Dec 2020
So to pass the time, I made a poll on Reddit purely in an effort to gauge everyone's priorities.

https://old.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...d_larian_prioritize_for_early_access_in/

We can crow about the design of the combat system all we like, but I do wonder what the community cares about *more*, which is why I deliberately left out 'closer to 5E rules' since that means so many different things (and encroaching into the 'add reactions' option). That's something that hasn't really been measured yet.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 16/06/21 09:37 PM.
Joined: Dec 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Dec 2020
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
So to pass the time, I made a poll on Reddit purely in an effort to gauge everyone's priorities.

https://old.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...d_larian_prioritize_for_early_access_in/

We can crow about the design of the combat system all we like, but I do wonder what the community cares about *more*, which is why I deliberately left out 'closer to 5E rules' since that means so many different things (and encroaching into the 'add reactions' option). That's something that hasn't really been measured yet.

that is an odd survey to put it mildly. What exactly am i voting for if i choose the 2nd option? the evil route? more companions? better interactions? All of the above? what made you choose those three specific things? Are those the most important things to everyone? Was there a survey to create the survey?

Joined: Dec 2020
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Dec 2020
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
that is an odd survey to put it mildly. What exactly am i voting for if i choose the 2nd option? the evil route? more companions? better interactions? All of the above? what made you choose those three specific things? Are those the most important things to everyone? Was there a survey to create the survey?

Yeah, I could have worded the second option better. I basically tried to balance out the poll options by sort of categorizing them as such:

- The first option is for people who prioritize the combat design.

- The second option is for people who prioritize reactivity, story/writing, and party interactions.

- The third option is for people who prioritize character customization.

I originally had 4-5 options, but decided to try to condense them into what you see now, because I knew reactions were going to win in a total uncontested landslide otherwise because the other four options would have split votes to hell.

Poll making is harder than I imagined.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 16/06/21 10:01 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Sweden
Dez Offline
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Sweden
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
that is an odd survey to put it mildly. What exactly am i voting for if i choose the 2nd option? the evil route? more companions? better interactions? All of the above? what made you choose those three specific things? Are those the most important things to everyone? Was there a survey to create the survey?

Yeah, I could have worded the second option better. I basically tried to balance out the poll options by sort of categorizing them as such:

- The first option is for people who prioritize the combat design.

- The second option is for people who prioritize reactivity, story/writing, and party interactions.

- The third option is for people who prioritize character customization.

Which option for us that want Larian to add more classes so that we get a proper chance to test them out before launch? D: The biggest priority imo would be to add more classes / subclasses so that the community can try them and see how well they work with the Larian homebrews. :]

Joined: Dec 2020
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Dec 2020
Originally Posted by Dez
Which option for us that want Larian to add more classes so that we get a proper chance to test them out before launch? D: The biggest priority imo would be to add more classes / subclasses so that the community can try them and see how well they work with the Larian homebrews. :]

I left out more classes because that's the obvious priority and I imagine Larian is working on that above all else already. But on second thought, I should have included that.

What I should have actually taken into account was multiclassing, which someone on Reddit already pointed out... But at the same time, working on multiclassing now is probably a bad idea without having all of the classes available first.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Sweden
Dez Offline
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Sweden
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Originally Posted by Dez
Which option for us that want Larian to add more classes so that we get a proper chance to test them out before launch? D: The biggest priority imo would be to add more classes / subclasses so that the community can try them and see how well they work with the Larian homebrews. :]

I left out more classes because that's the obvious priority and I imagine Larian is working on that above all else already. But on second thought, I should have included that.

What I should have actually taken into account was multiclassing, which someone on Reddit already pointed out... But at the same time, working on multiclassing now is probably a bad idea without having all of the classes available first.

Oh... Okay, option 2 it is!

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Voted for option 2 for more companions and banter. I rarely play the evil path in games, though, so it was strange to have that grouped with wanting more companions.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5