Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
addict
addict
E
All I can say is that it’s not the spiritual successor to the previous games that I was expecting and hoping for. That is subjective of course.

Maybe naively I thought the feedback given would go some way to altering some of the more criticised aspects of the game but there appears to be some dissonace around how Larian interprets and address such feedback. At this point I can’t see them moving too drastically from their current vision for the game.

And most games, try to get you to pre-order at full price without offering anything. Or they cut a piece off from the game, and label it as a pre-order bonus.

Last edited by cool-dude01; 15/06/21 04:45 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by cool-dude01
And most games, try to get you to pre-order at full price without offering anything. Or they cut a piece off from the game, and label it as a pre-order bonus.
That's a plus for sure. Doesn't make the game any better though

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
#777057 15/06/21 08:41 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
Originally Posted by Etruscan
Maybe naively I thought the feedback given would go some way to altering some of the more criticised aspects of the game but there appears to be some dissonace around how Larian interprets and address such feedback. At this point I can’t see them moving too drastically from their current vision for the game.

<Redacted>
We don't really know because they're not communicating at all. Big changes take a lot of time. And patch 5 seems to take a really long time. So maybe they are trying some changes.

They seem really set in their ways though with the cheesy exploits in gameplay. I still hope they can respect the source material enough to include a RAW 5e game mode. Every major D&D CRPG has had a hard-core D&D difficulty setting so would be pretty outrageous not to include it, really. Many people love D&D but hate barrels and stealth cheese &Co.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 12:06 PM. Reason: deleted forum account
E
addict
addict
E
I'd love to be proved otherwise, as per your suggestions, but as you said "they seem really set in their ways" and on that point I couldn't agree more.

Personally I get the feeling the reason things are taking so long is because they vastly underestimated the scope of this project, which might be alluded to by the expansions in workforce. The last patch took a while and all we got was the Druid and some mushrooms. Perhaps I am too pessimistic but I struggle to see myself playing this game again sadly.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
"only about 25 hours" ... laugh
I don't think I will ever understand why games attach such importance to hours of playtime, over quality of said hours.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I don't think I will ever understand why games attach such importance to hours of playtime, over quality of said hours.

the length also depends on your playstyle too.. there is plenty of stuff to see, even in just the act 1 EA version. Also note that I expect Act one to take a little longer, since the mountain pass and shadowlands areas are missing until full release. Although those seem to be seperate areas I guess. Unless it functions like the Underdark section of the game.

veteran
veteran

I don't know about you, but having an incredible 1 hour experience for $80 CAD vs a decent experience for 100 - x00 hours for $80 CAD is a no brainer. I'll take the 400 hours of entertainment any day. Now, if you're fortunate to not have to worry about money at all, then congrats! You're a whale smile (kidding)

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Me neither ... who did that? laugh
Speaking for myself ... both are important

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by Boblawblah

I don't know about you, but having an incredible 1 hour experience for $80 CAD vs a decent experience for 100 - x00 hours for $80 CAD is a no brainer. I'll take the 400 hours of entertainment any day. Now, if you're fortunate to not have to worry about money at all, then congrats! You're a whale smile (kidding)

I used to think like this. I choose quality over quantity since I began working.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
[quote=Wormerine]
That's of course exaguration, but the question would be: how good the 1 hours experience is. I am generally hesitant to pay full price, though it happens more then I would like to admit, but time investment is as much of a value to me, as my money account. I would take 20-40h RPG that is no-filler, all-killer experience, then a 100+h RPG that has 50-70hours of great content.

It could be that I find it rare these days to find a game that I wish was longer (I remember that wasn't the case in the past were more games were under 10h mark), but I played a lot of games in recent years that overstayed their welcome (be in unintentional or intentional [monatization of grind]).

It's just this werid thing in gaming that I dont' understand. I haven't seen people argue about value of one book over another, with how many pages each of them has. Sure there needs to be a certain amount of pages to be a book, but what in those pages in generally more important then how long it will take to read the book. If anything excessive length can be seen as negative.

EDIT.
Originally Posted by zamo
I used to think like this. I choose quality over quantity since I began working.
There is that certainly. I am definitely more fussy with how I spend my free time these days.

Last edited by Wormerine; 16/06/21 02:44 PM.
veteran
veteran
The greatest games I played have big shelf life. So the game might have 30 hours of gameplay in theory but you have many opportunities to replay it

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
G
addict
addict
G
It's just this werid thing in gaming that I dont' understand. I haven't seen people argue about value of one book over another, with how many pages each of them has. Sure there needs to be a certain amount of pages to be a book, but what in those pages in generally more important then how long it will take to read the book. If anything excessive length can be seen as negative.
Unless you want a book that deals 1d6 bludgeoning damage instead of 1d4. That's why I avoid ereaders.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by grysqrl
Unless you want a book that deals 1d6 bludgeoning damage instead of 1d4. That's why I avoid ereaders.
Ikr. There are times when all you need is a good, thick, heavy book, ideally hardcover, and the heaviest thing you got is your damn mobile phone.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by grysqrl
grin
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

G
addict
addict
G
That's totally a book being used as a monk weapon.

old hand
old hand
I want the option to use a book as a blunt weapon or thrown weapon if it's at least 5lbs, and you can also change its damage type to non-lethal.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Try2Handing
I want the option to use a book as a blunt weapon or thrown weapon
Can’t you already throw anything in your inventory? I didn’t try it myself (why would I?) but the news outlets went crazy when Swen threw his boots at the enemy for some reason.

addict
addict
Can’t you already throw anything in your inventory? I didn’t try it myself (why would I?) but the news outlets went crazy when Swen threw his boots at the enemy for some reason.
I didn't check books. But that's not really anything, looks like they considered some things being too light or too important to throw.

S
addict
addict
S

The outlets are drumming up clicks by going crazy over small things. Especially streamers seem to love silly legal exploits as a way to entertain their audiences with cheap laughs. They are playing in a way that I suspect differ significantly from your average gamer, and this kind of exposure has likely contributed to making Larian so set in their ways when it comes to "Larianisms".

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard