Originally Posted by Alexandrite
(Us, Glut)
Sazza, and most importanly ... HALSIN!!! :P

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kimuriel
Personally I expect Halsin to be a possible companion, just seems odd to have him sit around the camp all day :s
Fingers crossed!!! celebrate

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Originally Posted by Kimuriel
Personally I expect Halsin to be a possible companion, just seems odd to have him sit around the camp all day :s
Fingers crossed!!! celebrate

Since it is already established that saying "Solasta" three times in the mirror will summon a random nerd that causes your spine to twitch - will saying "Halsin" three times summon Icelyn that will shout: "TEAM HALSIN", throw confetti around, and then granting you an inspiration buff before vanishing in magical smoke? :'D

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dez
Since it is already established that saying "Solasta" three times in the mirror will summon a random nerd that causes your spine to twitch - will saying "Halsin" three times summon Icelyn that will shout: "TEAM HALSIN", throw confetti around, and then granting you an inspiration buff before vanishing in magical smoke? :'D
Exactly so! laugh

S
addict
addict
S
new interview with swen:

veteran
veteran
Translador refuses to help me with this word ...
What is "onboarding" that Swen was talking about? :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Translador refuses to help me with this word ...
What is "onboarding" that Swen was talking about? :-/
Get people up to speed on the game's mechanics.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>

are you kidding? swen specifically mentions that there are big changes coming, and that they even turn around entire systems based on feedback...

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 11:59 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
enthusiast
enthusiast
OK, little bit of hope with that interview but still getting that Swen really hates D&D 5e rules and gameplay.

Happy that they are targeting 2022 but would not be upset if it slipped to 2023, if they needed more time to make it great!

D
addict
Online Content
addict
D
He says that "shoving" and "throwing" work well. This was not what I wanted to hear.

S
addict
addict
S
He mentions shoving and throwing specifically and only IN THE CONTEXT OF melee fighters having not that many options in the first few levels compared to other classes, which is a fact of DnD 5e... this is NOT Larian homebrew, and swen did not say in any way that 5e doesn't work in a video game here... he did NOT say 'throwing and shoving is what feedback tells us players want'.
It's literally just that it helps make classes like the fighter more interesting in the beginning, and I would argue that thats very much the case.

S
addict
addict
S
Personally this interview makes me hopeful again. He is specifically saying that they are working on a lot of thing behind the scenes, and that big changes and content updates are coming. Yes, there were no specifics, but Larain has so far not given me a reason to distrust them or believe that they are lying, so for now I believe what Swen has to say.

D
addict
Online Content
addict
D
The video does not make me particularly hopeful. I will keep an open mind, but I suspect that this is the last Larian project that I support in Early Access (next time I'll wait till a post release sale).

G
addict
addict
G
All that video confirms is what I have said on this forum for months. Larian is overwhelmed with this project and understaffed.

stranger
stranger
For the record, if after this long waiting time (sprinkled with the utterly annoying silence), there will be no half-orcs in the game

run.

veteran
veteran
You know, I'm almost done watching that video interview and there's something I'm struggling to understand.

Swen Vincke keeps teasing "things that they are changing according to feedback" (and *which* feedback exactly could be in itself a cause of concern), but he seems to be adamant about keeping the secret on what these changes would be and I can't help but wonder... What purpose does this serve exactly?

It seems to me like a counterproductive strategy. If your user base is vocally asking for something and you are actually listening to them and doing what they asked for (whatever he's referring about) it wouldn't just help to give everyone peace of mind if you were going to be open about it?

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
You know, I'm almost done watching that video interview and there's something I'm struggling to understand.

Swen Vincke keeps teasing "things that they are changing according to feedback" (and *which* feedback exactly could be in itself a cause of concern), but he seems to be adamant about keeping the secret on what these changes would be and I can't help but wonder... What purpose does this serve exactly?

It seems to me like a counterproductive strategy. If your user base is vocally asking for something and you are actually listening to them and doing what they asked for (whatever he's referring about) it wouldn't just help to give everyone peace of mind if you were going to be open about it?

This has me slightly worried as well. I am very happy to hear them SAY that they are overwhelmed, and "silence means working" - but I also thought it was really weird that he was like "We been working on stuff that you guys wanted! laugh But I won't tell you what" like... Alright? O.o

Either way! Happy to hear from Larian and I do look forward to being updated "soonTM".

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Dez

This has me slightly worried as well. I am very happy to hear them SAY that they are overwhelmed, and "silence means working" - but I also thought it was really weird that he was like "We been working on stuff that you guys wanted! laugh But I won't tell you what" like... Alright? O.o

Either way! Happy to hear from Larian and I do look forward to being updated "soonTM".

Agreed. I dig the video and finally giving us some sort of interaction, but at the same time, nothing was said that we really didn't know before, and even gave hints that they have no intention of fixing certain mechanics that people have been asking to be altered.

Finally some interaction, though.

enthusiast
enthusiast

The feedback they are hearing is that there is too much D&D in BG3 and all that boring D&D stuff needs to be pruned out of the game. MORE BIG & FLASHY STUFF! streamers need stuff to meme about!

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm already waiting for Mr. Vincke to announce something along these lines:
You all were very vocal, so we decided to listen to our telemetry instead. As such:
  • You seem to have no problems dispatching the HP-bloated goblins using the height advantage that we so wisely added to the game, so we will be increasing the HP buff to enemies. Have fun!
  • No one is seemingly using the Bless spell, so this one, and several other Cleric spells will have to go. We don't want to overwhelm our players with multitudes of choices.
  • Also, the Multi-Attack will be made unavailable for PCs because our telemetry shows that, for some reason, nobody is currently using it.

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard