Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 45 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 44 45
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
But everyone can fucking check the last threads updated in this very same section and see what the posts are about? That's what I did.
Speaking for myself, i usualy skip topics like theese lately. :-/
Usualy there is no usefull information ... unless you concider counting days since "soon" was told as usefull. laugh

So i would not blame people to repeat it few times. smile

After all, we all know that even we tend to repeat most burning topics in other threats aswell. :P

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 17/06/21 08:00 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Speaking for myself, i usualy skip topics like theese lately. :-/
Usualy there is no usefull information ... unless you concider counting days since "soon" was told as usefull. laugh
You aren't fooling anyone.
You rare constantly everywhere.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Usualy ... not allways. laugh
That would be a really bad lie. laugh

I check the forum aproximately 4-10 times per day, depends on free time (and how bored i curently am) ... the more time (and boredom, ofc) the more irellevant topics i read. laugh

G
addict
addict
G
We will be two weeks out from the interview this week and into July.

enthusiast
enthusiast
That's ok. At least it's only 2 weeks now and not 6 weeks of silence. I'm glad they did the interview, and there are plenty of updates happening on the Steam Database so they're definitely getting closer to something.

veteran
veteran
7 weeks since the "we'll be back soon with a larger community update" and 2 weeks from the "patch 5 is right at the corner"...
It help to understand what those sentences and words mean for them.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 28/06/21 11:57 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
And very recently the worldwide Covid situation has taken a turn for the worse. Let's give them a break for now.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
That's ok. At least it's only 2 weeks now and not 6 weeks of silence. I'm glad they did the interview, and there are plenty of updates happening on the Steam Database so they're definitely getting closer to something.
Well, technically they still didn't bother to say shit to us.
We know something is brewing just because they made an interview with a game magazine (which was spotted by other users, or chances are we wouldn't know about that either, because no formal communication about it was made here).

Last edited by Tuco; 28/06/21 01:18 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
7 weeks since the "we'll be back soon with a larger community update" and 2 weeks from the "patch 5 is right at the corner"...
It help to understand what those sentences and words mean for them.
Also 2 weeks from the "we did not expect it will take us this long" ... so, that is something.

And very recently the worldwide Covid situation has taken a turn for the worse. Let's give them a break for now.
+1

BTW
there are plenty of updates happening on the Steam Database so they're definitely getting closer to something.
Where do you check that? O_o

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Where do you check that? O_o
From the very same SteamDatabase page that has been mentioned (and linked) give or take fifty more times even in this exact thread?
https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/depots/

Just a stab in the dark.

Last edited by Tuco; 28/06/21 04:53 PM.

veteran
veteran
Thanks

old hand
old hand
Aaah!!! What if it's soon, what if it's soon, what if it's soon??? Hype! Well... a bit of hype at least! =)
I still have this naive dream that they've listened a lot to people's feedback!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
Aaah!!! What if it's soon, what if it's soon, what if it's soon??? Hype! Well... a bit of hype at least! =)

i mean that's not naivety. They most likely listened and had by now 9 months to find a way to work with it. That's enought to make a new little human so I guess they figured out what choices to make based on feedback. The question isn't didn't they listen. The question is...what choices did they make?

For this and even more breaking news wait for the next community update. Soon.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
old hand
old hand
Yaaaaay!

veteran
veteran

Don't stop dreaming. Stay positive and good things will happen. I think a lot of us are waiting on this patch as the answer to a lot of outstanding questions. Most of us are in agreement on the changes we would like to see - and now its up to Larian to respond to that.

And hey, if we don't get everything then its not the end of the world, but hopefully we get some stuff. I think we all have a little list in our head of the top three things we want to see changed/removed.

For me:

1. Barrlemancy
2. Throwing people without checks
3. Reactions/ready actions
4. Jump - Disengage separated and disengage made a full action.

I know what Tuco's are;

1. Toilet chain
2. Toilet chain
3. Toilet chain laugh

Last edited by Blackheifer; 28/06/21 09:59 PM.

Blackheifer
old hand
old hand
I genuinely hope they go into detail about their decisions, the why for each thing.
That aid us greatly and would facilitate conversation.
If they say, "We chose to keep barrels because we found in our testing people found them more fun!" we can then give our feedback saying "We agree they are fun" or "We really do not find it fun" or the many in betweens.

If I was to consider my own list, it'd be more broad with the categories of:

1. Closer to 5e Mechanics/Toned Back Homebrew
2. Non-Origin Companions (Not Mercenary System)
3. Fix Conjuration and Summoning

Last edited by CJMPinger; 28/06/21 10:05 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

Don't stop dreaming. Stay positive and good things will happen. I think a lot of us are waiting on this patch as the answer to a lot of outstanding questions. Most of us are in agreement on the changes we would like to see - and now its up to Larian to respond to that.

And hey, if we don't get everything then its not the end of the world, but hopefully we get some stuff. I think we all have a little list in our head of the top three things we want to see changed/removed.

For me:

1. Barrlemancy

I know what Tuco's are;

1. Toilet chain
2. Toilet chain
3. Toilet chain laugh

Mmm yeah. I agree about barrelmancy, a REAL reaction system, dodge/ready actions, the jump thing, the chaining system too for sure... but would also like to add advantage/disadvantage based on height and the "backstab advantage" mechanic, aswell as all spells available for wizards, lack of ritual casting and a proper resting system that limits the spam of long rest.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
I genuinely hope they go into detail about their decisions, the why for each thing.
That aid us greatly and would facilitate conversation.
If they say, "We chose to keep barrels because we found in our testing people found them more fun!" we can then give our feedback saying "We agree they are fun" or "We really do not find it fun" or the many in betweens.

Too broad. Sets you up for disappointment.

Remind me never to let you cast any wish spells. Haha.

Mmm yeah. I agree about barrelmancy, a REAL reaction system, dodge/ready actions, the jump thing, the chaining system too for sure... but would also like to add advantage/disadvantage based on height and the "backstab advantage" mechanic, aswell as all spells available for wizards, lack of ritual casting and a proper resting system that limits the spam of long rest.

You have to choose, top 3-4

Last edited by Blackheifer; 28/06/21 10:08 PM.

Blackheifer
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by CJMPinger

Too broad. Sets you up for disappointment.

Remind me never to let you cast any wish spells. Haha.

To be fair, under each of those is long lists of individual changes and wants that go to the minutiae, just I have ranted much on most of them.
Also don't give me a Wish spell because I will spend hours just thinking up the phrasing to get EXACTLY what I want with it (or will be broad because I know the DM also likes to have fun and sometimes sowing Chaos is the best way for fun~)

old hand
old hand

For me:

1. Barrlemancy

I know what Tuco's are;

1. Toilet chain
2. Toilet chain
3. Toilet chain laugh

Hmmm... Yeah, this is pretty much my priority list too, except I would move the positioning of these around and replace barrelmancy with height advantage/disadvantage. Barrelmancy is still a problem, but it's not a factor in the majority of fights unless you go out of your way to utilize it.

---

On a different note to pass the time with, Owlcat put up another update for Wrath of the Righteous. Very surprised they are announcing console release so soon (after PC launch at the beginning of September and still within the year), even more surprised that they are talking about designing the final dungeon of chapter 2/main hub area of chapter 3. Considering Drezen is probably one of the most fascinating areas I've ever seen in a cRPG in terms of how the game utilizes it, and I would have thought the devs would have liked to keep that a surprise.

Larian could probably take some notes in regarding to designing the city of Baldur's Gate later in BG3. Granted, I expect Baldur's Gate to beat out Drezen in terms of sheer scale, since you're only really in Drezen throughout chapter 3 right now (out of 4 in the beta) and the game has very few non-companion sidequests to begin with.

The main draw of Drezen is the amount of NPCs you'll see mingling around the town acting like normal townspeople, and your companions actually doing things with them and positioned in areas that make sense for their backgrounds depending on the progress of their quests. For example, Seelah is generally seen training with her fellow Crusaders and Paladins near the chapel, while the opposing Hellknights are positioned closer to the prison on the other side of the city (while Regill himself is at the advisor table in the citadel itself, recognized as the leader of the faction of Hellknights directly assisting you, while Seelah is a novice Crusader in comparison and thus doesn't get a seat at the table). Then there's Ember, who starts chapter 3 standing around by herself, but depending on what you do during her personal quests later, she may start preaching about forgiveness and gather a big crowd listening to her by the end of the chapter.

I expect us to stay in Baldur's Gate for much longer in comparison. Though if Baldur's Gate ends up being closer to Arx at the end of DOS2... That's going to be a big oof.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 28/06/21 11:13 PM.
Page 32 of 45 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard