Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
Where is that implied? O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Originally Posted by Try2Handing
Originally Posted by Starlights
1. Barbarian having a keep ? perhaps I don't know enough about Barbarian but aren't they a bunch of savages ? just provide a hut or something ?!

2. already not a big fan of the Paladin, you are suggesting that the reward should be to do some shift along some walls ... in an isolated place I guess ?
2a) why not promote the paladin to a lord where the "king" allocate a land and colony instead ?

It's not that you don't know enough about barbarian, or paladin, or cleric, but that you haven't played Baldur's Gate 2. He was listing the classes and strongholds in BG2. He also wasn't suggesting any "idea" specific other than that a stronghold idea in BG3 similar to that in BG2 would probably be nice. "Stronghold" is just a word people came up with for the building/faction that you become affiliated with based on the class of the main character, and you get a few side quests from it - quests you can only get if you play that specific class. It helps make your playthrough feel personal, and that your class choice matters. Whether your stronghold is a church or a hut or an entire region doesn't matter. You can have any sort of suggestion, but you're better off making your suggestion to Larian instead of to the OP.

Originally Posted by dwig
It would be a nice nod at the history of the franchise
Well let's hope Larian cares about making nods "at the history of the franchise" then. But to be honest, I think the suggestions that some have been making here, while nice, are way too complicated to hope for.

Thanks for the clarification Try2Handing smile . I tried BG2 for an hour, earlier this year, and it seems too ancient for me. But I do try and read on this world and catch up.

So basically, this concept of stronghold/keep is an object modelled, in the game, with a theme matching the character's classes. I find it to be practical to have a "place" where you can drop gears and have all your companion located to one location, regardless of the theme we want to come up with.

I'm guessing, the different between having a camp (what we currently have) and a stronghold/keep, is you might have side-quests/quests that could be created with it to enhance the story - "specialized per classes". Hence a motivation restart the game with different character class and have different twist in your game play.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
What is wrong about Barbarian having a keep? O_o
I mean sure, stronghold is probably better word, but havent you played Heros of Might and magic? Barbarians there totally had keeps. O_o

I would say as long as Barbarian's keep is purely practical with no unnecesary decorations ... maybe except some skulls, pelts, spiked heads and simmilar barbarian stuff ... i could imagine them in keep quite easily.

Hi RagnarokCzD,
In my tiny experience in gaming, I find that a keep to be a well organized place with a military theme. Try2handing made me google more on Barbarian and my views match what I found: a bunch of savages without too much rules and organization. "Outlander [athletics/survival] Probably the most iconic Background for a Barbarian." 0_o !

But we are slightly off topic. if you want your barbarian to have a shinny Keep with red carpet and french cuisine - I guess why not ?! smile

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
What is wrong about Barbarian having a keep? O_o
I mean sure, stronghold is probably better word, but havent you played Heros of Might and magic? Barbarians there totally had keeps. O_o

I would say as long as Barbarian's keep is purely practical with no unnecesary decorations ... maybe except some skulls, pelts, spiked heads and simmilar barbarian stuff ... i could imagine them in keep quite easily.

Hi RagnarokCzD,
In my tiny experience in gaming, I find that a keep to be a well organized place with a military theme. Try2handing made me google more on Barbarian and my views match what I found: a bunch of savages without too much rules and organization. "Outlander [athletics/survival] Probably the most iconic Background for a Barbarian." 0_o !

But we are slightly off topic. if you want your barbarian to have a shinny Keep with red carpet and french cuisine - I guess why not ?! smile

Conan the Barbarian (The most iconic Barbarian) is a king.

veteran
veteran
Because it looks confusing to some people...
Here's an exemple of what "stronghold" in BG2 leads to.

Everyone can do the quest to "free" the castle but only some classes can rule it.

It has close to nothing to do with housing or camping/resting.

Ruling the De'Arnise keep and land

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Problem Seven: The Flood ...
This quest should be replicated and renamed to: "Swen's problem: The Flood." laugh

Hi RagnarokCzD,

Hi Starlights,
i presume it would depend on how do you see barbarians ...
I allways presumed that they are primitive, that would mean "strongest one is leader, his word is a law" and litteraly everyone else is lower. laugh
And that would be kinda it ... the stronger rule the weaker.
It might seem like anarchy to us, but in such system there is order ... after all, it was basic ruleset for all today nations. laugh

I would not say shinny keep with red carpet and french cuisine (i had to google what even is french cuisine laugh ).
When you say Barbarian keep, i would imagine something like this, or this, or this, or this, or this, and preferably ... like THIS!!!

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 16/06/21 03:48 PM.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Except the very essence of that
Sleep safely within the keep, though potential quest related enemies such as Degardan of Edwin’s quest can still find you there

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Except the very essence of that
Sleep safely within the keep, though potential quest related enemies such as Degardan of Edwin’s quest can still find you there

Really ? The very essence ?
Did you travel there only once to sleep safely ?

Answer : no.

Being able to sleep safely doesn't mean that it was one of their appeal / their goal. That's exactly why I wrote "close to nothing"

Last edited by Maximuuus; 16/06/21 04:06 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
#777133 16/06/21 04:38 PM
old hand
old hand

There are plenty of things in life that won't make a lick of sense to you until you find out the reason why they are that way. The "barbarian getting a keep" idea mentioned here in the first place is strictly a BG2 thing. You wonder "but why should a barbarian get a keep", well, the answer to that question *is in BG2*. Your barbarian doesn't just go and build his own keep on a whim. There is a major quest line you can go through in which you liberate the household (the keep) that belongs to a wealthy family, and after you've done that, there is a *very specific reason* why your barbarian gets this keep. Whether that reason justifies "a barbarian getting to have a keep" or not is each person's opinion. Instead of reading up on barbarians, a better move here is either you give this game another try and find your answer, or you can also look up a detailed walkthrough of BG2 and read up on this specific quest. Heck, if you want, I'll give you a save file for this game at the point just before your party start this quest.

Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>
What if the game gives you something like a spelljammer? A teleporting space ship? Outfitting your ship, purchasing furniture, ship battles, etc. No, this is too much.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 12:32 PM. Reason: deleted forum account

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
veteran
veteran
When we're a druid we can become the "warden thing" when we solve the quest of the shadow druids at the grove.

It doesn't seem to mean anything for now but who knows.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 16/06/21 05:13 PM.

veteran
veteran
Im not sure if "can become" is right way to say it ...
So far i failed to manage not becoming the faithwarden. frown Except when i killed them all. laugh

addict
addict
I was thinking about what Maximuuus asked me last time ...
Why would druids accept my rogue as a leader.

How about they dont? laugh
I mean, i still dont like when developers decide for your character what kind of building he wants. :-/
So im still more in for leting us decide.

But i kinda like the idea that if druid would decide to have grove, he would be accepted as its member ... if non-druid would decide to have druid grove, he would be accepted as iniciate ... and before any other side quests starts, he would need to do some another side quest to "prove themself"?
How that sounds?

Originally Posted by fallenj
Oh is this a dragon age 2 reference...been so long, can't remember if that was a thing or not.
Actualy Diablo ... i didnt like DA:2 so i kinda speedrunned it. :-/

Dude just buy BG2: Shadow's of amn on steam and play it. Just do yourself a favour.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
veteran
veteran
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

veteran
veteran
strange response to the best advice anyone could give you here

enthusiast
enthusiast
Larian staff discussing the idea of a Stronghold:

Sven: We needs a stronghold for everyone to use.

Dev 1: I know - let's give them a big room, with dozens of empty bookcases, shelves, trunks, boxes and such - and a few filled with dishes and silverware !

Dev 2: Awesome - and we can drop in a couple dozen barrels of acid and flammables too!!

Dev 1: OMG !! How about we add some high rafters, so the characters can push each other off for fun !!

Dev 2: That is perfect !! Let's also add kennels for the various animal companions we've given them -but make sure Gale's death stench can reach all of them.

Dev 1: We can have Volo stand around all day pontificating about whatever nonsense he wants, and a bard that plays REALLY bad music whenever anyone is present !

Sven: By the gods !! I think you are all on to something !! Just make sure that whenever the group is there, all the characters constantly demand the PC have sex with them - we already have a sex cut scene - just keep changing character faces in it, to show who is having sex !!

addict
OP Offline
addict
Man the BG2 ignorance and hate is so strong in this forum.
Thought that was a nice little gameplay idea that worked great in BG2 to also have in BG3. Add some atmosphere and stuff to do tied to your specific class.

Its like more interesting stuff to do, NAAAAh games fine. How about more more NPCs to play? NAAAAH games fine. How about a revised UI? NNNAAAAAh games fine. How about...NAAAAAAAH GAMES FINE.....
Man Im done giving any kind of suggestions.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 20/06/21 08:44 AM.
addict
OP Offline
addict

Just ignore Rag. His aim these forums is just to contradict EVERYONE. Really pointless chatter and opinions.

addict
addict

You propose ideas that " could work, don't you think? ". Those things were in BG2. Constantly. You do it on cooldown. Just play the damn game an join the " Where's my BG2 in BG3 ? " camp.

@Mr_Planesc : Nah he's not. He was quite vocal at the release and now he's just grumpy as fuck.

Last edited by virion; 20/06/21 09:29 AM.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by virion
You propose ideas that " could work, don't you think? ". Those things were in BG2. Constantly. You do it on cooldown. Just play the damn game an join the " Where's my BG2 in BG3 ? " camp.
Yeah, i know i do ... usualy im there. laugh
And they could work ...

Also i know those thigs were in BG2, you told me several times ...
That dont change the fact that some of those things could be done better ...

And finaly, i dont want to play that game ... i believe i made myself clear by now, more than once ... why do you keep forcing it? O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 20/06/21 10:16 AM.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by virion
Yeah, i know i do ... usualy im there. laugh
And they could work ...

Also i know those thigs were in BG2, you told me several times ...
That dont change the fact that some of those things could be done better ...

And finaly, i dont want to play that game ... i believe i made myself clear by now, more than once ... why do you keep forcing it? O_o

Yeah they could be done better, but it happens that you propose exactly the same idea that was already there. That's my point pretty much. So you will probably like it.

Also you kinda played BG3 so discovering it's grand-father is a thing. Regardless, we digressed from the subject a bit too much didn't we.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard