Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
addict
addict
Cleric. He was kinda OP in previous editions, 5th edition seems a bit strange to begin with but the cleric is now even more free than before when it comes to weapon choice so he's literally a swiss knife right now.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by virion
Cleric. He was kinda OP in previous editions, 5th edition seems a bit strange to begin with but the cleric is now even more free than before when it comes to weapon choice so he's literally a swiss knife right now.

Hi virion, I would agree with you - although I didn't play the previous edition, in this game - the cleric could take martial adept and act like 1/2 a weapon master smile but beyond level 4, would you really keep your cleric a melee ? or spend on fighter's feat instead of growing in spell ?

oh, I was wondering if you could make your avatar nodding ... like saying yes ?! smile

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Starlights
Originally Posted by virion

Hi virion, I would agree with you - although I didn't play the previous edition, in this game - the cleric could take martial adept and act like 1/2 a weapon master smile but beyond level 4, would you really keep your cleric a melee ? or spend on fighter's feat instead of growing in spell ?

oh, I was wondering if you could make your avatar nodding ... like saying yes ?! smile

Can't make the avatar thing that happen for you. But it does sadden me if it makes you feel a bit better about it.

Well... My cleric was always a tank / spell caster support / dps in that particular order. In BG3 the DPS part of him is the ability to use the bow ( not sure of that is intended for a cleric to be able to use it?o.0). But since his dex is maxed out the bow fits in perfectly.

Not sure how his specializations look on higher levdes in 5th edition, my only experience with 5th edition is BG3.
But I would totally go for any specialization for melee weapons ( or bows lol ).

The basic spells he has are powerful enought to allow for versatility. It's all he needs from the spell side after me.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
old hand
old hand
Depends on how you build a cleric, but they can easily be frontline or backline. BG3 started us off with the weirder end of Clerics by giving us a low STR/high DEX Cleric that is meant to be more backline, while most people I feel tend to build a cleric as a Melee Weapon and Shield type.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Depends on how you build a cleric, but they can easily be frontline or backline. BG3 started us off with the weirder end of Clerics by giving us a low STR/high DEX Cleric that is meant to be more backline, while most people I feel tend to build a cleric as a Melee Weapon and Shield type.

Because the cleric has a lot of 'melee' spells and if you want to use them on companions, then you need to come close. I would like to play a distant cleric, but then he just turns into an archer... I'm talking about those spells that don't need a spell slot. Maybe it will be different at higher levels, but right now it feels like this.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Starlights
Fun fact ... his avatar is nodding in Bulgarian. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
Why are Wizards able to learn clerical/divine spells? I thought they were restricted to the Wizard spell list/arcane spells only.

Evil always finds a way.
veteran
veteran
They are suppose to ...

So far there are two theories running around ...
- Either Larian simply thought this would be more fun, or they didnt understand the rule ... anyway it is intentional.
- Or this is some kind of fault, they didnt *yet* manage to solve. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
D
stranger
stranger
D
If we really haven't gotten confirmation on it, i supremely doubt that in the final game Wizards will be able to cast divine spells. Just an implementation thing.
Lmao at NOBODY voting for Abjuration lol.

The Druid would honestly not have been my vote if not for one thing: Spider form. Arachnid jump + immunity to difficult terrain is just plain fun.
Pass Without Trace in order to pickpocket, and cat form to be generally sneaky.
The utility alone makes them a ton of fun, a ridiculous health pool for Circle of the Moon makes them rather good.

Last edited by Dtelm; 30/06/21 10:15 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard