Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 45 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 44 45
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
But it would require A LOT of companions... If we only have 12- and have to choose
1) those that approve our decisions +
2) those that want to react the same with the tadpole +
3) those that have a class that match with our PC... I guess the party of 4 will je determined by the game more than by the players... Add personnal preferences and you won't have a lot of choices anymore...
1) Agree ...
2) This point should be completely reworked ... honestly i dont like that "when PC uses tadpole, it affects whole party" thing ... it would be much better, if those companions that refuses to use tadpole will not get the tadpole special effects, since they actively try to resist. :-/
But if that would be how it works, i would agree here too.
3) This seem unnecesary to be honest ... after all, you will get mercenaries, wich fill any role (or class) you need. O_o

Anyway, i still believe that we will just pick one ... instead of party.
When we play origin character > that would be story we explore ... when we play custom character > we must choose.

And i also believe that end of Act 1 would be the point, where we get 3 things done:
- we resolve our tadpole problem (somehow)
- we choose our future path, by picking one companion to follow
- we get non-Origin followers unlocked (Halsin, Minthara, Alfira, and possibly other ppl from Moonrise Towers ... in short non-tadpoled ppl)

Originally Posted by Nyloth
Yes, it was in DOS2, but I don't understand why you think it will be in BG3. There are quite a lot of differences in these games and this may be one of them. Perhaps the companions will leave you quickly enough because of some decisions, as happened with Wyll, but this is not the same as death.

And Astarion? You can give him to the hunter, but even in this case, Astarion does not die. To be honest, I don't think that BG3 will be like it was in DOS2.
Exactly! smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 30/06/21 01:00 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
I guess it will be more something like "if you choose to embrace the tadpole's power", some companions will stay with you. If you don't they will leave.

And maybe we'll see them as opponent later in the game. Hunt them or being hunted or something... I don't know. I think the idea could be interresting...

But it would require A LOT of companions... If we only have 12- and have to choose
1) those that approve our decisions +
2) those that want to react the same with the tadpole +
3) those that have a class that match with our PC... I guess the party of 4 will je determined by the game more than by the players... Add personnal preferences and you won't have a lot of choices anymore...

<Redacted>

If you can give Astarion to the hunter, then they will go straight to Baldur's Gate, do you think he will transformed on the way?

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 12:24 PM. Reason: deleted forum account

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
addict
addict
<Redacted>

Wait... What kind of interview are you talking about? I haven't read this one.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 12:25 PM. Reason: deleted forum account

S
S
Looks like Panel From Hell 3 is coming soon.

https://twitter.com/Cromwelp/status/1410248780314722309

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by sublimeclown

Sounds like a threat.

<Redacted>
Even more relevantly, the logistics behind their organization probably contribute to DELAY updates.

You have to announce they are coming with some advance, to prepare the whole thing, stream it... And then MAYBE it's finally time for a proper changelog and update in the following days.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 12:26 PM. Reason: deleted forum account

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
old hand
The reason I am worried it will be in BG3 is
a) Precedence with DOS2
b) Them saying we need to have our team finalized by the end of act 1.
c) There is a clear set-up to do just that with the tadpoles.

Even if they don't die or such, but they leave, I still really don't like that. I like playing with a large cast, I don't want to be locked into a limited selection based on who I thought I'd like at some arbitrary point, I want to have the chance to adventure with everyone. Change up my party on a whim, decide to switch out Gale for Wyll for a bit and later on switch back. Its how I played BG1 and 2, I use every companion that I can. And being told that I can't do that just leaves me disappointed and feels like a completely wasted opportunity for the game.

I am fine with them leaving temporarily, dying based on decisions or as a direct result of our actions, and I am absolutely fine with them being missable. But I really do not like the idea that I must commit to a very specific team. I don't see just my character and the three with him as the party, I see everyone who has been recruited as part of the party.

addict
addict

I don't like word "soon", it's like a trauma now, lol. but yes excited!

Last edited by Nyloth; 30/06/21 04:16 PM.

old hand
old hand
On the bright side, PFH3 means Patch 5 is a lot closer, so our eternal wait is nearing its end (or maybe "soon" means another few months...)

Though I do hope that they actually go into some of the more important details, and discuss things. Give reason why and why not on stuff, talk about what they see as done and not done.

Also I really do not know what they mean by interactivity, perhaps they mean how they don't address community stuff directly so this time they will? Or do they mean there will be some event or Q/A thing, or some gimmick?

Last edited by CJMPinger; 30/06/21 04:17 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
The reason I am worried it will be in BG3 is
a) Precedence with DOS2
b) Them saying we need to have our team finalized by the end of act 1.
c) There is a clear set-up to do just that with the tadpoles.

Even if they don't die or such, but they leave, I still really don't like that. I like playing with a large cast, I don't want to be locked into a limited selection based on who I thought I'd like at some arbitrary point, I want to have the chance to adventure with everyone. Change up my party on a whim, decide to switch out Gale for Wyll for a bit and later on switch back. Its how I played BG1 and 2, I use every companion that I can. And being told that I can't do that just leaves me disappointed and feels like a completely wasted opportunity for the game.

I am fine with them leaving temporarily, dying based on decisions or as a direct result of our actions, and I am absolutely fine with them being missable. But I really do not like the idea that I must commit to a very specific team. I don't see just my character and the three with him as the party, I see everyone who has been recruited as part of the party.

Yes, I'm sorry, I didn't know about point B. Then it's really sad, I didn't like it in DOS2. I would like to see that the story of these characters develops without us. The most annoying thing is if they just die after the first act.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Also I really do not know what they mean by interactivity, perhaps they mean how they don't address community stuff directly so this time they will? Or do they mean there will be some event or Q/A thing, or some gimmick?
I may be wrong but I'm expecting just some streaming gimmick where they show something new, while letting the Twitch audience make decision through the existing plug-in.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Oh sh** we'll finally have another PFH... My god... An E3 like event for every patch...
The patch is what we're waiting for. We can read the patchnote by ourself.

Guess I won't enjoy patch 5 before a long time... Holidays not at home.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 30/06/21 04:37 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
S
S

How about "around the corner"?

addict
addict

How about "around the corner"?

This must be one of those medieval tortures.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M

I totally agree. I'm already afraid of this "soon" T_T

veteran
veteran
"soon"

so September at the earliest smile

N
N

lmao. but of course, bc the previous panels from hell have been so great and what the community really has been asking for for the past 2+months - not a fan of the studio's continued condescending/patronizing tone towards the fans either. frown

G
addict
addict
G
I'm far less concerned about whatever "soon" means (things are ready when they're ready) than the assumption that the proper medium to release patch notes is a show.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by grysqrl
I'm far less concerned about whatever "soon" means (things are ready when they're ready) than the assumption that the proper medium to release patch notes is a show.

Why not though? It's a cool way to do it. Not like they give us those patch notes too often so might aswell make an event out of it :P

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by virion
Originally Posted by grysqrl

Why not though? It's a cool way to do it. Not like they give us those patch notes too often so might aswell make an event out of it :P

As long as they give us detailed patch notes in writing as well, I am fine with them putting on a show. And tbh, I am just glad for the silence to be breaking.

addict
addict
An E3 like event for every patch...

I would not be so sure we're getting a major patch along with the panel...

Originally Posted by nation
bc the previous panels from hell have been so great

The first PfH was ok, but it was pre-EA when we really didn't know that much, it was something to kick it off and prepare people for the release.

But really, I find the subsequent PfHs quite baffling. A written update is enough. A short video demonstrating the changes/new features perhaps.

Page 36 of 45 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard