Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 45 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 44 45
old hand
old hand
I'm mostly neutral on them as they are, honestly, I want more uh meat to them, more Early Access stuff and discussion. But thats personally me, no way to know how everyone feels, and there are those who like to see Sven in armor. One positive about Panels from Hell is that they at least display that Larian is passionate.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zellin
And what? If something is not tailored for you and those people it shouldn't exist? Like Virion said
Who said a word about stopping this thing from existing?
Do I need your permission to openly state that I feel (WAY) less than enthusiastically about it?

But let's even assume that you are 100% right and the overwhelming majority of people who watched the PFH2 thought it was a GREAT use of their personal time... So what? Do I need to tune my personal opinion around general consensus to make it legitimate?

Given the option I'd still take a patch tomorrow over a patch a week later because a "Panel from Hell" needs to be coordinated, scripted, produced and streamed with questionable results.

Incidentally I also watched streaming from the Owlcat devs during the WoTR beta. They weren't nothing fancy. Just people sitting at their desks, showing things and commenting on features and decisions.
Guess what? I appreciated them a lot more.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
That's your (and Niara's) way of seeing it. Quite enough people enjoyed the show.
Ok? And quite a bunch didn't, as most of the comments in that thread (and in other forums where I cross-posted that recap) can clearly show.
And what? If something is not tailored for you and those people it shouldn't exist? Like Virion said
You guys are all grumpy af ngl.
The Panel From Hell 2 had a lot of issues.

From a production stand-point alone, it was a mess.
The time it took to discuss what was involved in the patch took too long...
And why bother with renting a cow?

old hand
old hand
Who said a word about stopping this thing from existing?
Do I need your permission to openly state that I feel (WAY) less than enthusiastically about it?

But let's even assume that you are 100% right and the overwhelming majority of people who watched the PFH2 thought it was a GREAT use of their personal time... So what? Do I need to tune my personal opinion around general consensus to make it legitimate?

Given the option I'd still take a patch tomorrow over a patch a week later because a "Panel from Hell" needs to be coordinated, scripted, produced and streamed with questionable results.

Incidentally I also watched streaming from the Owlcat devs during the WoTR beta. They weren't nothing fancy. Just people sitting at their desks, showing things and commenting on features and decisions.
Guess what? I appreciated them a lot more.

Yeah very much agreed. I am hoping those panels will be more of a rarity, they are not needed. Keep it simple at this stage. Better to plan for huge video events when the game is nearing completion =)

addict
addict
I don't think canceling the show will speed up release patch. Even for the last panel, patch was not ready. The show attracts people's attention, I know some of you want a list with fix and problems, but visual marketing works much better. So let's just wait, as always.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
N
N
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
And why bother with renting a cow?
+1

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
in that kind of situation how much the character likes us
Enough to allow us join them ... duh. laugh

and possibly some checks could influence the outcome.
Depends ...
If you mean some kind of persuation check, when askin others to join your party ... after you, as Larian said "commit" ... i see no problem.
If you mean some kind of persutation check, so YOU can join your picked character ... well, maybe if your reputation is not high enough, but otherwise you can easily end up in dead end.

more likely Shadowheart and Laezel would have the conflict, not her and Astarion.

Results seem to vary, since i found the same video where he speaks about "maybe..." Wyll/Gale/gith ... but the points is still present, that just bcs Astarion is not Shadows arch enemy in our group, that dont mean they are perfectly safe before each other. wink

I am not a commitment guy with this. I want to switch people out at will and play around with a "large" greater party, switching characters in and out of the active party as I get to know them and their stories.
I see ... too bad for you them i gues. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
I
old hand
old hand
I
This is imo how to promote new features
(big video)

Last edited by Ixal; 30/06/21 09:08 PM.
veteran
veteran
That's your (and Niara's) way of seeing it. Quite enough people enjoyed the show.
Ok? And quite a bunch didn't, as most of the comments in that thread (and in other forums where I cross-posted that recap) can clearly show.
Too bad for them i gues ...
Since as it seems, Swen and Larian is on our side, and willing to prowide us a show that we can enjoy. :P

At least *I* fully intend to. :P

veteran
veteran
You, Ragnarok, of ALL PEOPLE? I'm SHOCKED. SHOCKED.

Well, ok. Not that shocked.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Im happy we are getting to know each other. ^_^

enthusiast
enthusiast

As I recall, most people enjoyed the little video update, until all the negativity came pouring into the pot, and getting stirred around. It's easy to show people something negative and get people to believe it, especially if it gets repeated over and over again, reinterpreted and twisted to fit the agenda of "Larian doesn't care about us/DnD/5e/etc".

Originally Posted by Nyloth
I don't think canceling the show will speed up release patch. Even for the last panel, patch was not ready. The show attracts people's attention, I know some of you want a list with fix and problems, but visual marketing works much better. So let's just wait, as always.

Exactly. Let's just wait and see. They know they are very late with an update and they want to drum up some player enthusiasm again. They keep saying they're working on some cool stuff, and I am excited to see what it is.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ixal
This is imo how to promote new features
(big video)

omg i want to play this so bad -.-*

E
addict
addict
E
Well at least they won't have to blow any budget on a live cow this time around.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
They keep saying they're working on some cool stuff, and I am excited to see what it is.
I am excited, too! I wish it were tomorrow! grin

old hand
old hand
I actually love their videos and such, I would just prefer more frequent and less epic updates in between =)

G
addict
addict
G
All a PFH means is a delay in the actual content and patch. They have to have another shitty stream to tell us stuff we are going to find out on update or reading the patch notes.

And then, of course, say SOON at the end of the PFH and leave us in more suspense. At this point, I think they enjoy withholding information.

Either way, I will never participate in another Larian EA again. And depending on (how bad) the game goes, I will never buy another game from them.

old hand
old hand
So… Another 2-3 pages of arguing over a vague message, this time a tweet.

We’ve been through this repeatedly for the last two months. Why do you all punish yourselves like this?

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 30/06/21 11:13 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
So… Another 2-3 pages of arguing over a vague message, this time a tweet.

We’ve been through this repeatedly for the last two months. Why do you all punish yourselves like this?
Because Larian doesn't give us anything to talk about wink

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Etruscan
Well at least they won't have to blow any budget on a live cow this time around.

The question is, rather, what is the special thing that they Most Definitely Will spend a stupidly excessive amount of budget money on for their next smoke and mirror show?

Page 38 of 45 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard