Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
B
Since you're all eager for some game updates, enjoy:

stranger
stranger
Thank you for the update.

Maxim 14: "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
Feats are alot of the answer to that for fighters and subclass features as well as adding paladin / barbarian gives more melee versitility but like big flashy abilities just isnt dnd and would ruin the game adding big flashy features to fighters the point of a fighter is the multi-attack later in the game and simplification. Your biggest strength as a fighter is positioning flanking, multi attack and heavy single target damage. Fighters excel at dealing single target vs aoe attacking via multi attack and primary ability score focus. Changing the fighter would kind of ruin the game.

Cleaning up combat would be ok but the things that bring it down largely at the moment is the lack of options for character development and experimentation with combat and different classes/races. In ability to role ability scores also sucks hardcore compared to solasta in that regard.

Its nice to see something but currently based on the video my expectations are not high for the next patch having much to it. So probably wont be playing it again till next year at this rate. Looks like I am glad I got pathfinder: WoTR as an alternate option cause hearing something was good but like the comments did not sound like the patch was going to have much replay value to it.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by acatlas
Feats are alot of the answer to that for fighters and subclass features as well as adding paladin / barbarian gives more melee versitility but like big flashy abilities just isnt dnd and would ruin the game adding big flashy features to fighters the point of a fighter is the multi-attack later in the game and simplification. Your biggest strength as a fighter is positioning flanking, multi attack and heavy single target damage. Fighters excel at dealing single target vs aoe attacking via multi attack and primary ability score focus. Changing the fighter would kind of ruin the game.

Agreed, if they wanted to make DoS3 (and they very well may in the future) then that would be fine, but I do think that they should honor the D&D play style since that's the game they decided to make. I bought the game because I wanted to play D&D 5e but don't really have a place our group to play with, if they had said they would be making changes to "fix" the game for their DoS fanbase, I wouldn't have bought it. I respect people who prefer a DoS combat system, but please Larian make DoS games for that, and allow those of us who want to play D&D the opportunity to have our game made too, since that was what was advertised.

I do think that some of Swen's answer was intended to notify the DoS fanbase that they aren't going to get all the changes they might want since that would defeat the purpose of making a D&D game, and I really hope Larian will at least stand firm on not altering the game dynamics even more than they already have.

Well that is a large part of the point is it mimicking DND is why a lot of people were interested like odd mechanic isn't important but it was advertised as an adaptation of 5th edition DND not DoS. I never bought the divinity games and I wouldn't bother because there are a lot of elements about them I don't like. I do like the fact they added the turn based combat carried over its something there are not enough turn based CRPG options. The audio dialogue with the graphics are also nice however its only a small portion of what makes the game good.

What I was looking for when I got it was something that was close to the DND rule set from 5e adapted to PC with its own story line which choices matter. Choices mattering to the story got me interested in SwTOR which is still a good game just poor development choices. NPCs with there own hooks access to all 12 core classes and subclasses as well as all the core races with hopeful additions of the 13th class of artificer in a DLC. Which hopes were to see a DLC. As well as the Mercenaries feature advertise with the promos for the game. Being able to have access to the story characters but also being able to make your own party just feels fulfilling. As well as multiclass. It was stated when it was being launched the ranger would have its own twist and that is kind cool I like that idea as the ranger lacks a great deal in core 5e without help from a DM to make it favorable to play a ranger its something that majority of the community agrees the ranger is not the strongest class outside Gloom Stalker most of its subclasses are pretty bad. Its also evident the ranger is weaker than a fighter doing the same thing as part of the core builds. Less apparent at low levels but still there. The more they keep it close to the core rules the better.

The adding 1 use per day special effect is kind of nice as it gives weapons a little more unique feel since they lost that from 3.5/3.75 cross over where 3.5 / 3.75 the weapons were one of the things people do miss more because each weapon felt more unique so I do not mind that change its nice mechanical change. While I don't need it that is about as much as I think is an ok change. I don't like the idea of adding special moves and stuff like that its not part of DND and its not needed to make fighters better what makes fighters good is the advantage they get from multi-attack over other classes they are just better at using the attack option. Battle Master is the route for people who want to do flashy attack moves as a fighter its there for that reason fighter doesn't need stuff other than that as special moves.

Paladins have the smite ability as there kind of unique ability and spell casting. Barbarians have rage and frenzy effects. The subclass features are kind of your flashy stuff and that's all the classes need. You don't need Flaming sword diving strike attacks and stuff for classes its just annoying people who want that stuff that's what games like FF14 are designed to do. DND is doesn't need those big flashy abilities if your melee that's not how it works. Mages cast flashy spells melee just punches your face in.

Also multiclassing sooner = better thus why getting all the classes into the game is important. Other big important things to me as a player is getting the optional rolling system added to character creation and getting a better character creation section in general. More voices when the option is there, more appearance options ect. You don't need to hire professional actors for it either budget wise you can do voice acting with staff if they can do the job there is not any reason it couldn't be a nice touch to have someone like even Sven himself voice one of the characters its like a little Easter egg that would be interesting. Not having all the classes sooner rather than later as well as all the races is a big loss because while its nice to have visuals more story arcs ect. The more classes / races the more replay-ability of existing content. I have put hundreds of hours into games just replaying smaller amounts of content with more options.

There are other things I would like. Such as additional DLC down the road taking the game to level 20 even optioning the optional rules for beyond level 20 from non-official content that exists. But that is DLC. Getting at least one NPC as an option from each class. Having More Subclasses in DLC. A party of 6 characters so you can mix and match more one of the better things in WoTR. Solasta has a better character creation system. But Solasta the biggest thing holding it back is not having all the base classes or it would probably have stripped away a lot more players. But the combat is more true to core dnd 5E. Pathfinder while great for its options lacks the balance that 5E has to classes where the classes are more balanced to one and another. Its still missing some of the core classes as well which is a little bit of a down side but the 6 character party is a huge mechanical + over BG3 as well as the larger options array in base.

I could go on and on for hours while sticking semi true to the core concept of DND on things I think could improve the base game. While some of the mechanics also need to be fixed its less bother some when not all the classes are even added yet like wizards casting divine spells I would hope there are plans to correct that eventually. Backstab not working correctly and requiring the target be flanked like wise for advantage. Height advantage does not bother me as its core. However more flat terrain fights might be nice to make people look for other ways to get advantage in combat. Also weapon swapping should require an action it defeats the purpose of things such as duel wielding, sword and shield, and bow vs melee combat. As it should require time to draw / change weapons. But again things that can be addressed once the core classes / races are added. As its probably easier to fix after they are implimented.

A
A
No clues about crafting, I notice – but judging by the similarity of all the loot items in BG3 and DOS, I'd guess there's going to be a reasonably extensive crafting system, which would be hella cool.

I sure hope so, as otherwise stashing all those bones, cups, buckets and whatnot everywhere will prove to have been a massive waste of time!

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
DONT DO THIS TO ME!!! *incredibly angry smilie*
Every time someone put coment in this section im exited for fraction of second that another Community Update is here. laugh
And it dont help that i should allready remembered it will be #13 at all! laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
stranger
stranger
You know that you just did this to me, dude, right?

I am not native English speaker, so if you feel pain reading my posts, blame Babylon.
Lots of love <3
old hand
old hand
And to continue this chain, you have done this to me. We suffer together.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Seriously, I am so sick of hearing about Solasta.
Welcome to the club.

Reminds me of the "debate" about which would be superior, Dragon Age: Inquisition, or Witcher 3 in late 2014, early 2015. I think we can all sort of agree that these two games were really not comparable, with W3 walking away with it. Indeed, when W3 was released in May, it didn't take EA very long to push back the release of Inquisition by several months. Even EA agreed, apparently.

My money here is on BG3, without a doubt. I have a feeling this next patch will blow us away...it's just a strong bit of prescience, of course. (Weighted dice throw--got to beat a 1!)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Waltc
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Seriously, I am so sick of hearing about Solasta.
Welcome to the club.

Reminds me of the "debate" about which would be superior, Dragon Age: Inquisition, or Witcher 3 in late 2014, early 2015. I think we can all sort of agree that these two games were really not comparable, with W3 walking away with it. Indeed, when W3 was released in May, it didn't take EA very long to push back the release of Inquisition by several months. Even EA agreed, apparently.

My money here is on BG3, without a doubt. I have a feeling this next patch will blow us away...it's just a strong bit of prescience, of course. (Weighted dice throw--got to beat a 1!)

Next patch : Barrels have now their miniature versions so you can throw super - small barrels in more places.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
And to continue this chain, you have done this to me. We suffer together.
Exactly ... no one should suffer alone. ^_^

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
The game is already insanely broken as it is. I don't know how you could make it any more Divinity Focused. I think that's why Swen left all the Gimmicks that are probably gonna get removed by some Modders later, even broken Height Advantage and Stealth Cheese most likely. Push would be fine if it only Proned dropped enemies instead of doing crazy damage but not dropping through holes, that is just broken. And rework all the Frankensteined D&D Combat Mechanics.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by JDCrenton
all the Gimmicks that are probably gonna get removed by some Modders later,

even broken Height Advantage and Stealth Cheese

Why would someone play in any way or kind stealthy when it brings no Advantage? That makes about no Sense.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by VarneyTheReaper
Why would someone play in any way or kind stealthy when it brings no Advantage? That makes about no Sense.
You misunderstood. It gives bugged kind of advantage at the moment. As in Skyrim 100lvl stealth, when an NPC with your arrow in his eye would say: "It's probably just rats..."

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard