Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#778849 01/07/21 06:07 PM
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hello everyone! How are you doing?

It’s been a few months since we last spoke. Our lockdown hair is a little longer, our quarantine gut is a little rounder, and with every cubic inch that Adam Smith’s beard grows in volume we get ever closer to releasing our next patch. After calculating its weight and circumference, we can safely say that day is right around the corner.

Patch 5 is heading to you next week, and we’ve got an epic Panel From Hell planned to showcase all the updates coming your way. Make sure you join us July 8th at 11am PT on Twitch where our team of Baldurian devs and magic wielders will introduce all the new the contents of Patch 5, then vote on what happens next as they scour a wizard’s tower in search of an ancient artifact in: Panel From Hell 3 - Twitch Plays: A Most Noble Sacrifice.

Of course, with Patch 5 imminent, we want to remind you that any saves made Patch 4 or prior will no longer be compatible when updated.

So we’re once again branching out with the same solution as before. There are options for you if you want to continue your Patch 3 or Patch 4 saves, or if you instead want to make sure you’ve got the most up-to-date content. Have a gander below and follow the directions for whichever solution suits you best. Note: Branching unfortunately won’t be available on Stadia for the moment.

1. How to Update Your Game to Patch 5: If you want to play the most up to date version of the game and have never opted into any beta branches in the past, then good news: You don’t need to do anything! When the patch releases, you will receive the most updated version of the game as long as you have automatic updates enabled. To enable automatic updates, please follow the steps below:

STEAM:

• Right click on the game in your Steam library
  • Select properties
  • Click the Updates tab
  • Select "Always keep this game updated" in the drop down menu

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

2. How to Update to Patch 5 If You’ve Opted into an Earlier Beta Branch: If you previously opted into any beta for either Patch 2 or Patch 3 and want to ensure you get the most up to date content when Patch 5 goes live, then please follow the steps below:

STEAM:

• Select properties
  • Click the Betas tab
  • Select "None" in the drop down menu

3. How to Continue Your Patch 4 Save: If you want to continue your progress on Patch 4, then take the following steps. Alternatively, if you just want to update your game from Patch 4 then follow the very first set of instructions laid out at the top of the page.

STEAM:

• Select properties
  • Click the BETAS tab
  • In the list under "Select the beta you would like to opt in to", select Patch 4
  • Close the properties menu

GOG:

• Select the game from the owned games section
  • Click the settings button top right and select manage installation > configure
  • To disable auto-updates, there is a checkbox “automatically update to new version” > uncheck this box to stay on the current patch
  • Unchecking this box will let you roll back to a previous version

If you’d like to continue your save file on the current version, you can move to the Patch 4 beta branch now. Save files are not ‘deleted’ from your computer; they’ll remain in your folder, but you’ll only be able to load saves specific to their respective versions.

Important Note: If you want the option to go back to the previous patch, it’s best to make a new in-game profile and backup your local saves from the previous patch. You can do the following before or after you update to the latest version:

• Before starting a new playthrough, create a new profile by clicking the profiles button on the top left of the main menu. All your progress in the new patch will then be saved under this profile while your old saves are safe in the previous profile.
  • As an extra safety measure, you can manually back up your savegames:
    Go to /Documents/Larian Studios/Baldur's Gate 3/PlayerProfiles/
    Find the folder that is named after the profile you used in the previous patch
    Copy and paste this entire folder into a backup location
  • If you want to revert back to the previous patch, follow the instructions above and activate your old profile
  • If you have somehow lost your progress by overwriting savegames and want to restore your old backed up savegames simply copy over your old profile folder into its original location again: /Documents/Larian Studios/Baldur's Gate 3/PlayerProfiles/
    Sync back to the patch2 beta branch with the instructions above and load your old savegames

old hand
old hand
Hallelujah!

addict
addict
Yay! I will definitely come to the stream.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Can't wait! Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Blackheifer
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
NICE!

addict
addict
SEND IT LARIAN!

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Hi, I saw Sven's tweet about the next Panel from Hell and I was wondering if anyone knows what a moggouwtoch is? I can't find anything about it online

journeyman
journeyman
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Artist, Writer, Poet, Crank
Art, poetry, and prose of a grim and unserious nature.
https://www.lrjonte.com/
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by AlenaValentine
Hi, I saw Sven's tweet about the next Panel from Hell and I was wondering if anyone knows what a moggouwtoch is? I can't find anything about it online

Its flemish for either "OMG wtf", or "Gosh Golly Gee" or something...

best guess its either nonsense, or a drink or a monster for the LARP.

Its also possible it is some sort of dialectic idiomatic phrase that's specific to Ghent or someone's region.**

Oh and to find it on translate you have to split the phrase properly.

Mog Gouw Toch

** As an American I have to say that turnabout is fair play in my book - since we pull this with everyone.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 01/07/21 09:33 PM.

Blackheifer
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes!! Yes! Yes! Awesome news! Doing a happy dance. Very excited for Patch 5. I didn't want to burn out on the game so haven't played in a month or so. Can't wait to dive in again. laugh

veteran
veteran
Yay! Excited that the patch is coming next week! claphands

Wanna bet they're gonna pull ye old ''its not ready yet'' and keep us on our toes for the next few days after the 8th? laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Woooooo! \o/ Hype!

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
veteran
veteran
I'm honestly trying to not get too hyped. I'm afraid it'll just be another Loaded Dice patch. I really hope they've truly decided to make some awesome updates. REALLY REALLY REALLY.

I feel like this patch is make or break for the game. If they screw this one up and disappoint fans...

veteran
veteran
So the promised more in depth community update just never happened at all - all we're getting is a Panel that they will, again, have spent far too much time and effort on for the sake of flash, and the patch itself, which is long, long, LONG overdue after their assurances of more regular patching.

It will take more than another assurance of an update to enthuse me at this point; I'll remain sceptical until I actually see something of value.

veteran
veteran
Unfortunately, same. Im very VERY leary about this patch.

For example, let's say they decided to fix height advantage by adding +5 to attack rolls instead of advantage. That would be worse. A person with +4 already to hit would get +9, making hitting someone with AC 13 a 4 or higher. As it is, a +2 would be only 7 or higher.

If they even fix some of the things we've been beating to death, but they don't fix them right... that's my point.

veteran
veteran
Okay, so, wait....

So...

After the PFH2, last time, which was (in this poster's personal opinion) an overproduced waste of time, money and resources, for the sake of announcing a patch update to their EA game... They're now doing another PFH, to announce their Next patch update for their EA game... and THIS time, they're Hiring Out A Landmark Castle For a Private Function? A castle whose historical day tours can cost up to $1000 per head, and they're booking it out for their panel. THIS is what they're spending their development budget on?

Please, someone tell me I've misunderstood this.

Originally Posted by Niara
Okay, so, wait....

So...

After the PFH2, last time, which was (in this poster's personal opinion) an overproduced waste of time, money and resources, for the sake of announcing a patch update to their EA game... They're now doing another PFH, to announce their Next patch update for their EA game... and THIS time, they're Hiring Out A Landmark Castle For a Private Function? A castle whose historical day tours can cost up to $1000 per head, and they're booking it out for their panel. THIS is what they're spending their development budget on?

Please, someone tell me I've misunderstood this.

I think you're missing the main point of why they are doing what they are doing. The money they spend on marketing for an event like this is peanuts compared to what paid advertisement costs.
The effect of one panel is multiplied by every online gaming site reporting from it. It stands out, everyone talks about it (good or bad) and you make noise that has actual reach.

They would have to spend 10x the money for an ad campaign with the same reach.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by EvilVik
I think you're missing the main point of why they are doing what they are doing. The money they spend on marketing for an event like this is peanuts compared to what paid advertisement costs.
The effect of one panel is multiplied by every online gaming site reporting from it. It stands out, everyone talks about it (good or bad) and you make noise that has actual reach.

They would have to spend 10x the money for an ad campaign with the same reach.

Yes... it is definitely a clever marketing move. And they know they need marketing after all the bad press in the past few months over lack of updates/communication.
Not to mention, said expensive castle already is available for things like weddings and other private functions (according to their website), and probably could use a boost in a time of very few tourists.

Last edited by Alexandrite; 02/07/21 05:57 AM.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard