Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 45 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Nyloth
But in the last interview, they said that they are working only on mechanics, so there will be no classes or somthing like that.

Did they really say "ONLY"? I thought it was more like "mostly"? I could remember things wrong here of course, but I seem to recall that he said that the emphasis was on mechanisms and stuff based on feedback, not so much new content.

addict
addict
It seems the Patch is coming on same week as PH3

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/2970669042943132348

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
So who's excited about Gnomes?!

They are going to include Paladin I hear, but you can only be a gnome. Deal with it.
What do you mean, Deal with it ...
Why would anyone be anything else, once there is option to be a Gnome? laugh

But in the last interview, they said that they are working only on mechanics, so there will be no classes or somthing like that.
0:40 > "Its more focused on features, than it is on new content, but its got a lot of new things" wink

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 01/07/21 07:16 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
They just said the update would be "focused more on systems than content". It doesn't exactly promising (well, at least in terms of content) but it's not the same as openly saying there won't be any.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by Tuco
They just said the update would be "focused more on systems than content". It doesn't exactly promising (well, at least in terms of content) but it's not the same as openly saying there won't be any.

Also, it is not clear whether classes would fall under "system" or "content".

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by dwig
Originally Posted by Tuco

Also, it is not clear whether classes would fall under "system" or "content".

I'd argue both I think, since you kinda have to craft up mechanics for the classes and subclasses, which is different from making say a quest using existing mechanics.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by gaymer
Noble Sacrifice = Paladin to me. Finally a concrete date.

February to July

I expect the Noble Sacrifice will be Larian telling us they have to sacrifice those boring D&D 5e rules to make BG3 a really exciting and excellence game. They tried but there no way you can use D&D 5e rules to make a video game, it's impossible, no one could do it!

enthusiast
enthusiast
On them adding Paladin, I can't see it being done without a real reaction system.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
On them adding Paladin, I can't see it being done without a real reaction system.
Well, you'll see it anyway and you will most likely be mad about it, too.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
old hand
Hmm.. yeah.. maybe "noble sacrifice" means they are finally caving in though! "We will sacrifice our silliness and make a proper DnD game now!" laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
Hmm.. yeah.. maybe "noble sacrifice" means they are finally caving in though! "We will sacrifice our silliness and make a proper DnD game now!" laugh

So much better !!

Or maybe a noble sacrifice mean you sacrifice great power to role play a loyal and noble good character. Implementation of the good path, companions, the dreams, powers and story element for those who reject the tadpole's powers.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 01/07/21 10:26 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by andreasrylander

So much better !!

Or maybe a noble sacrifice mean you sacrifice great power to role play a loyal and noble good character. Implementation of the good path, companions, the dreams, powers and story element for those who reject the tadpole's powers.

You guys are overthinking it. They are LARPing - so clearly they are sacrificing any self respect they have and chance of being seen as sexually viable candidates for...well...anyone.

Blackheifer
addict
addict
People are overthinking it. They just skinned that cow for some leather armor.

addict
addict
Perhaps "noble sacrifice" refers to LarPG and has nothing about update, hmm.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
G
addict
addict
G
Given that December is going to be exempt because of holidays, I guess we may get 1 more patch this year in November.

I really hope it is not going to be 1 class added every 4-5 months. What about all the other missing subclasses for existing classes?

Originally Posted by gaymer
Given that December is going to be exempt because of holidays, I guess we may get 1 more patch this year in November.

I really hope it is not going to be 1 class added every 4-5 months. What about all the other missing subclasses for existing classes?

You're wrong again buddy. Don't let pessimism get the better of you.

Patch 5 is heading to you next week, and we’ve got an epic Panel From Hell planned to showcase all the updates coming your way. Make sure you join us July 8th at 11am PT on Twitch where our team of Baldurian devs and magic wielders will introduce all the new the contents of Patch 5, then vote on what happens next as they scour a wizard’s tower in search of an ancient artifact in: Panel From Hell 3 - Twitch Plays: A Most Noble Sacrifice.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
You're wrong again buddy.
I believe a lot of people here would like to be wrong about quite a lot of things. And that's a bit of a problem...

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
Well, the way they phrased it was just a little weird to me. Why say the same thing twice?
Patch 5 is heading to you next week, and we’ve got an epic Panel From Hell planned to showcase all the updates coming your way. Make sure you join us July 8th at 11am PT on Twitch where our team of Baldurian devs and magic wielders will introduce all the new the contents of Patch 5

Maybe its funny looking because English isn't my native language, but nevertheless I made a point out of it, to raise hopes, at least. Theres a pervasive sense of negative sentiment on this forum, and its honestly disturbing that there is so little faith in Larian (mostly because they aren't pandering to every wish and thought of some random people in the forums).
Bah. Enjoy your negativity, I used to be the same. wink

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
Well, the way they phrased it was just a little weird to me. Why say the same thing twice?
Patch 5 is heading to you next week, and we’ve got an epic Panel From Hell planned to showcase all the updates coming your way. Make sure you join us July 8th at 11am PT on Twitch where our team of Baldurian devs and magic wielders will introduce all the new the contents of Patch 5

Maybe its funny looking because English isn't my native language, but nevertheless I made a point out of it, to raise hopes, at least. Theres a pervasive sense of negative sentiment on this forum, and its honestly disturbing that there is so little faith in Larian (mostly because they aren't pandering to every wish and thought of some random people in the forums).
Bah. Enjoy your negativity, I used to be the same. wink

Why would I have "faith" in Larian ? Because they created DoS 1 and DoS 2 ? I like those games but I'm absolutely not a huge fan.
I had faith before they reveal the first gameplay trailer.

On forums I was one of those saying "if they can adapt their style to DnD and to the FR, it will be awesomel". Then we see gameplay, then we try the game... And they finally adapt DnD and the FR to their style.. A lot of us are here because it's Dungeons & Dragons, because it's a Baldur's Gate video game or simply because it's an ambitious tactical turn and party based RPG. Not because it's made by the creators of a game called DoS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/oanjgn/what_draws_you_to_the_game/

Now that I played the game a lot, I'm sure it has the potential to become an awesome DnD games, an awesome tactical turn based game and "a good" Baldur's Gate game. But I trust what I see and what I see for now is a new and improved "classic" Larian game rather than what was told/what I understood/what I expected.

But maybe I missunderstood what a DnD and a Baldur's Gate game created by Larian could be.
Let's wait and see. At least random people on this forums and on reddit usually agree on many things, finally.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 02/07/21 12:58 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
People are overthinking it. They just skinned that cow for some leather armor.

Nice one ^^

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
Page 41 of 45 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard