Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thank you so much! I am still not super happy with the hands/arms, but I know what I need to improve on at least, for next time. smile

Astarion decided I had spent too much time staring at Gale recently, and wanted some of my sketchbook attention again:

[Linked Image from natureinart.com.au]

(Sorry Wyll fans, I promise I won't forget him! I've got some ideas for an illustration of him and Mizora, but I'm still thinking about how best to tackle it.)

addict
addict
Woah! Amazing work ~

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Dez Offline
addict
addict
I absolutely love the color choice for his eyes! What a perfect shade of red! :O

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
journeyman
journeyman
Breaking my slight forum silence to say-- these are beautiful, honestly! They really capture the characters quite well, and your shading work is to die for!

I am not sure if you do commissions, but I'd jump at the chance for one if you ever offered these. ; v; Such gorgeous work, you can really feel the love that goes into each one!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dez
I absolutely love the color choice for his eyes! What a perfect shade of red! :O

Hehe - believe it or not, my 4 year old handed me a red pencil while I was working on this and she was busy for 5 minutes with her colouring-in book, and I thought "oooh that is the perfect shade of red" and used that for the eyes. laugh

Originally Posted by MarbleNest
Breaking my slight forum silence to say-- these are beautiful, honestly! They really capture the characters quite well, and your shading work is to die for!

Thank you so much for such a lovely comment! smile

Originally Posted by MarbleNest
I am not sure if you do commissions, but I'd jump at the chance for one if you ever offered these. ; v; Such gorgeous work, you can really feel the love that goes into each one!

Oooh, well I would be tempted - but I'm not sure how Larian feels about copyright and artists making $ from their characters through commissions? I don't want to upset them...
hence I've just been doing these for fun, practice and something to do aside from my wildlife art.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Ok, here is everyone's favourite vampire spawn. wink

Almost finished - although I don't necessarily need to do his jacket, since the focus was on the face. Maybe I'll just outline the basic details of the jacket as I did with Shadowheart's armour.

Damn it Larian designers, how did you make him so beautiful?

[Linked Image from natureinart.com.au]

Last edited by Alexandrite; 24/06/21 09:25 AM.
old hand
old hand
I mean, he was essentially Cazador's personal "toy" and he was used to entice people, of course he'd need to be beautiful.

Edit: Legitimately, I find Astarion and Gale to be the most interesting characters, and not just cause they look good. Of the characters, they seem to have the most layers and even comparing they are strangely complementary. Gale is very human, but underneath there are clear layers of the inhuman. And Astarion is very inhuman but underneath layers of humanity begin to show.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 24/06/21 11:11 AM.
addict
addict
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Wow! this art and art by Liz are now my favorites. The eye color in this work is truly amazing. *_*
I won't say that I love Astarion as a character. but I agree that he is gorgeous and damn attractive

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
I mean, he was essentially Cazador's personal "toy" and he was used to entice people, of course he'd need to be beautiful.

Oh yes, he is beautiful because of what he IS, but I meant more in the overall character design sense. smile
I'm spending more and more time on these drawings purely for fun, and the more time I spend on looking at screenshots, the more I appreciate the sheer amount of creative design that went into the characters. With each character and face I study to draw, I discover something new to appreciate. Having done only the very basics of 3D modelling/animation in art college years ago, graphics and animation have come SUCH a long way now that the quality of design and animation here in BG3 is just jaw-dropping - and an absolute joy to look at!
No wonder people (including me!) are falling all over themselves for Astarion, Halsin, Gale, etc. They're designed to be attractive - and it works.

Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Edit: Legitimately, I find Astarion and Gale to be the most interesting characters, and not just cause they look good. Of the characters, they seem to have the most layers and even comparing they are strangely complementary. Gale is very human, but underneath there are clear layers of the inhuman. And Astarion is very inhuman but underneath layers of humanity begin to show.

YES, wholeheartedly agree! They are complicated characters and I love them to bits. smile

Last edited by Alexandrite; 24/06/21 01:04 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
That's a better looking Gale than the actual Gale.

Literally me when someone tries to convince me in-game Astarion is hot while looking like a middle-aged house wife. I've seen some art of Astarion that makes him look much more classically handsome, than the stepford 50 year old suburban wife we got in the game

Last edited by Vallis; 02/07/21 05:00 PM.
addict
addict
Fantastic work, especially the last Astarion.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Vallis
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
That's a better looking Gale than the actual Gale.

Literally me when someone tries to convince me in-game Astarion is hot while looking like a middle-aged house wife. I've seen some art of Astarion that makes him look much more classically handsome, than the stepford 50 year old suburban wife we got in the game

LOL smile
Is it the messy white hair that makes him appear like a middle aged housewife?
I actually think he is very attractive, and studying his features while drawing has only strengthened that conclusion... but then he is definitely my "type"!
(I should probably finish his jacket in that last drawing, leaving it unfinished has been bugging me.)

I haven't forgotten about drawing Wyll either, though I don't have enough reference screenshots of him and am waiting for Patch 5 so I can re-start a playthrough and hopefully remember to get screenshots.

veteran
veteran
Alexandrite and the meme thread are getting me through the lean times. Thanks again for sharing.

veteran
veteran
I wonder if you also plan to draw someone else than origin characters ... if you dont mind me to ask. smile
Like for example some big, strong, and handsome druid ... i bet we all know at least one confety loving person, who would probably like that. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I wonder if you also plan to draw someone else than origin characters ... if you dont mind me to ask. smile
Like for example some big, strong, and handsome druid ... i bet we all know at least one confety loving person, who would probably like that. laugh

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA *I CAN'T BREATHEEEEE*

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
smile celebrate

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Oh yes, Halsin is definitely on the sketchbook list!
I need to do some screenshot research in my next playthrough... wink

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
Oh yes, Halsin is definitely on the sketchbook list!
I need to do some screenshot research in my next playthrough... wink
Yay! claphands

veteran
veteran
Oh I would love to see Alfira.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard