Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
The days when games were made not only by developers, but also artists, who cared about the details in their games, and made for those who cared about details in the games they played. RIP. Those hand-drawn sketches of items, and the detailed item history, are such a beautiful thing...

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
Yep. I spent hours in BG1 (i was 14 back then) just reading the descriptions 😁

old hand
old hand
I do kinda miss the lore associated with many items and the little stories with them sometimes.

The only game I can think off the top of my head that captures a similar feeling is Dark Souls, mainly cause half the lore is in item descriptions in that game series.

A
stranger
stranger
A
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

addict
addict

Last edited by virion; 30/06/21 04:43 PM.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
addict
addict
I never managedd to get over it. Let's drive the ship in the middle of the most populated city. Like...idk. Wasn't it easier to mind control someone and send him in the city if you needed someone in particular? Eh.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by virion
I never managedd to get over it. Let's drive the ship in the middle of the most populated city. Like...idk. Wasn't it easier to mind control someone and send him in the city if you needed someone in particular? Eh.

If I am understanding the cutscene correctly, the population of the city didn't matter at all. They absolutely steamrolled through it and picked up the people they needed to pick up. The issue is that Githyanki tracked them (which the Gith typically don't care much about Faerun cities) and attacked the ship with dragons. that said, escaping to hell of all places was probably the dumbest idea. Only place worse would have been the Abyss.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Originally Posted by virion

If I am understanding the cutscene correctly, the population of the city didn't matter at all. They absolutely steamrolled through it and picked up the people they needed to pick up. The issue is that Githyanki tracked them (which the Gith typically don't care much about Faerun cities) and attacked the ship with dragons. that said, escaping to hell of all places was probably the dumbest idea. Only place worse would have been the Abyss.

Well it was an innovative way to suicide. Ngl.

veteran
veteran
It´s somewhat old but still...

[Linked Image from media.discordapp.net]

[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]

veteran
veteran
If I am understanding the cutscene correctly, the population of the city didn't matter at all. They absolutely steamrolled through it and picked up the people they needed to pick up.
Im not sure if i understand this sentence ...
Do you imply that they were picking people? Since it seemed more like harvesting to me, just roll through and grab litteraly everything that gets in the way. laugh

But now im thinking about another theory!
- we know that tadpoles that was picked up from THAT caudron (or w/e you wish to call it) was special ...
- we know that this alterned tadpoles can remain dormant for unspecified period of time ...
- we know that this alterned tadpoles can turn their victims by "pulling the lever" ...
- we know that Nautiloids are extremely rare ... yet this Flayer of Mind was flying it to hugely populated area ...
Concidering this all ...
What if, that actualy WAS harvest? What if all those people was tadpoled, in the past ... needed to be harvested and delivered to Moonrise Towers, so their "True Soul" potential is awakened? O_o
Would that explain why risk such rare thing as Nautiloid? o_O

The issue is that Githyanki tracked them (which the Gith typically don't care much about Faerun cities) and attacked the ship with dragons. that said,
But we know they were not after the ship itself ... but after someone (actualy something) that was onboard! smile Kithrak said so, when we meet their patrol!
So, i presume they indeed didnt care about Faerun city, at all actualy. laugh

escaping to hell of all places was probably the dumbest idea.
The question is how that teleportation works ...
What if (and i know this is wild theory) ... somewhere nearby was in the same time created falling whale? Or petunia flowerpot? laugh
But I guess in that case, Mind Flayer would have a towel around his neck. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict

addict
addict

Haha laugh Sarevok the pimp. Is it Jaheira Viconia and Imoen? Did I get it right?

old hand
old hand
Oof that Edwin looks way too badass and Jaheira way too hot. And that Imoen looks more like Katarina than a thief-turned-mage. Nice art though.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 01/07/21 05:14 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Try2Handing
Oof that Edwin looks way too badass and Jaheira way too hot. And that Imoen looks more like Katarina than a thief-turned-mage. Nice art though.

it is what Edwin thinks he looks like at all times. (To be fair, if I didn't always play Conjuration Wizard, he'd probably be my team MVP).

veteran
veteran

addict
addict

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Boblawblah

Lol

I liked this art as well, but is interesting to see how the original art portraited mundane characters. They didn't have idealized these superhero facial features.

Edwin looks totally badass here.

addict
addict
[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

Edwin : Should I be flaterred or amused you're still talking about me after all these years? * Those creatures are certeinly not even remotely good for anything. Yes, yes. They aren't.*

enthusiast
enthusiast
Was Edwin really a Red Wizard? He still had his hair, no tattoos, and none of the Thayans we interacted with seemed to verify his rank/position.

Evil always finds a way.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
Was Edwin really a Red Wizard? He still had his hair, no tattoos, and none of the Thayans we interacted with seemed to verify his rank/position.

According to the wiki:

According to BG2:EE dialogue with Rasaad, Edwin keeps his hood on at all times because he has trouble properly shaving his head in the Thayan fashion. This is unusual enough for Neera to call him a "non-bald Thay".

So he is a red wizard, but fitting his personality he is kinda bad at fitting in and meshing with them.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 04/07/21 11:18 PM.
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard