Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
There is many interesting sub classes that is not in PHB ...
Some might even say that every sub class that is most interesting was added later. laugh

But as far as i know, Swen never said that they will not include anything outside PHB ... only promissed that every(class/race)thing from there will be included for sure. :P

Almost. I still think the Arcane Trickster is the ideal Rogue subclass for me and it is from the PHB. It became a lot stronger when Booming Blade was introduced though.

Don't you just hate it when people with dumb opinions have nice avatars?
stranger
stranger
And here I am just waiting for the update to drop... grin

Last edited by SarwenUndomiel; 12/07/21 11:23 PM.
Originally Posted by SarwenUndomiel
And here I am just waiting for the update to drop... grin
Wouldn't it be nice if we had a countdown timer for that like we did for the announcement that it was coming?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by TomReneth
Almost. I still think the Arcane Trickster is the ideal Rogue subclass for me and it is from the PHB. It became a lot stronger when Booming Blade was introduced though.
So far i didnt come to taste to both Arcane Trickster, and Eldrich Knight ... many people say they are both totaly awesome, but they seem to me like they are something in between wizard and fighter/rogue ... but neither properly. :-/

In matter of Rogue, im mostly curious about Assassin ... that is also from PHB, i know ...

When i was talking about interesting subclasses outside PHB ... i had in mind thinks like i dunno ...
To give few examples ... it would be Druid: Circle of the Shepherd, Fighter: Rune Knight, Monk: Way of the Drunken Master, Paladin: Oathbreaker ... and many more. :3
Maybe i expressed myself poorly. smile

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Riandor
I would like the Ranger sub class Gloom Stalker... but that ain't out of the PHB either grin
+1

Gloomstalker is awesome fun to play. smile

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by TomReneth
So far i didnt come to taste to both Arcane Trickster, and Eldrich Knight ... many people say they are both totaly awesome, but they seem to me like they are something in between wizard and fighter/rogue ... but neither properly. :-/

Eldritch Knight is truly set apart in pen and paper by Reaction spells Resist Elements and Shield, which are both missing from BG3. It gives them the ability to survive truly tricky scenarios, move where they shouldn't sometimes, pull off stunts, etc... Without those 2 key spells, honestly EK Fighters in BG3 feel subpar and it's no wonder you feel the same.

As to Arcane Tricksters, there's two things missing. First is the 2nd level Illusion spell Shadow Blade (It deals 2d8 psychic damage on a hit and has the finesse, light, and thrown properties (range 20/60). In addition, when you use the sword to attack a target that is in dim light or darkness, you make the attack roll with advantage.) is not in game. Secondly, all of the truly cool things you can do in pen and paper with the Mage Hand cantrip is missing as well.

That's just some of the cream of the crop picks, not all. So unless Lariant adds some cool features to make up for the ones they're not putting in those 2 subclasses really don't shine like they do in 5.0.

veteran
veteran
The patch is delayed to thursday.... (Larian's discord)

Last edited by Maximuuus; 13/07/21 04:07 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Yes, they also tweeted about it, eh... I really wanted to play today.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
addict
addict
As long as the delay is communicated I can wait. smile

N
N
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
cant say im surprised...whats two more days, i guess. no luck on the patch notes tho?

Last edited by nation; 13/07/21 04:36 PM.
addict
addict
And that's why they couldn't give you any exact time and especially a countdown - "bugs" happens!

N
N
i mean, they did give us a time - today. im just wondering now when the famine is gonna hit since larian has already dealt with the plague, floods, and now locusts. frown

in all seriousness, i want bg3 to succeed and be a great game, but ea has definitely made me question larian's overall project mgmt skills

stranger
stranger

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

I was so ready to play today cry.
Back to cleaning it is then.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by nation
cant say im surprised...whats two more days, i guess. no luck on the patch notes tho?
I think they want to make sure the patch notes will only include changes that make the patch.

I am greedy for the patch notes too though...

S
stranger
stranger
S
Had just ordered delivery for today too to camp out in bedroom for 2 days.....

N
N
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
I think they want to make sure the patch notes will only include changes that make the patch.

mhmm, we're on the same page fam - i just would have hoped that by 12pm est (<-when they tweeted about bugs/delay) on the day the update was supposed to drop that larian would know what changes are making the long-awaited patch 5 wink

addict
addict

mhmm, we're on the same page fam - i just would have hoped that by 12pm est (<-when they tweeted about bugs/delay) on the day the update was supposed to drop that larian would know what changes are making the long-awaited patch 5 wink
For you to know sometimes the way to deal with a bug is to cut out the feature causing it for a while. So no, as long as they are testing and finding bugs they are not sure what the patch will contain.

N
N
Originally Posted by Zellin

For you to know sometimes the way to deal with a bug is to cut out the feature causing it for a while. So no, as long as they are testing and finding bugs they are not sure what the patch will contain.
For you to know - i agree with your premise, but think you are kinda hand-waving here. So no - i think larian should have an idea of whats gonna be in the patch after ~four months of testing changes. sure bugs can delay the update, but saying that larian doesnt have any idea of what the next patch will contain is disingenuous.

veteran
veteran
Well ... after all, Swen did warned us in PFH. :-/
Its a pitty, but 2 days are quite fine. :3

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
For you to know - i agree with your premise, but think you are kinda hand-waving here. So no - i think larian should have an idea of whats gonna be in the patch after ~four months of testing changes. sure bugs can delay the update, but saying that larian doesnt have any idea of what the next patch will contain is disingenuous.
Oh, maybe I'm hand-waving. And you're assuming a bit too much about how they spent those "~four months" of testing changes, implementing new changes, postponing some changes for the next patch... and you're totally ignoring the fact that they delayed this patch because of bugs.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard