Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyloth
why they must change elves? =0
There was quite HUGE topic about that ... but im too tired to search for it now. :-/

Basicaly the thing was that no elf have actualy elvish face (eye shape, eye rotation, triangular face instead of round, etc. etc.), and they all simply looks like pointy eared humans ...
Wich is kinda understandable, since Larian is using that face scanning technology ... but that dont makes it right.

Maybe "change" is a too strong word for it ...
But it would be certainly nice, to have at least one, or two actualy elvish faces in options ...
Also ... it kinda makes me worried about Half-Orcs. :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
There was quite HUGE topic about that ... but im too tired to search for it now. :-/

Basicaly the thing was that no elf have actualy elvish face (eye shape, eye rotation, triangular face instead of round, etc. etc.), and they all simply looks like pointy eared humans ...
Wich is kinda understandable, since Larian is using that face scanning technology ... but that dont makes it right.

But it would be certainly nice, to have at least one, or two actualy elvish faces in options ...

I know what topic you are talking about, but the opinion regarding the appearance of elves is controversial. Not all people even in this topic agree with this direction, so I don't think that Larian will change anything in the design of elves.

I believe that the design of the elves has changed over time, it concerns their faces.
I admit that the body models can be replaced, but I do not believe that the faces need any editing. Otherwise, you will have to change every significant NPC in the game, according to this design.

Add more versions for player selection? Yes. Change general design? Absolutely not.

Look at the art for video "Sleep Sound". I think this applies not only to BG3.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Well ... yes ...
Im still worried about Half-Orcs tho. :-/

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

I know what topic you are talking about, but the opinion regarding the appearance of elves is controversial. Not all people even in this topic agree with this direction, so I don't think that Larian will change anything in the design of elves.

I believe that the design of the elves has changed over time, it concerns their faces.
I admit that the body models can be replaced, but I do not believe that the faces need any editing. Otherwise, you will have to change every significant NPC in the game, according to this design.

Add more versions for player selection? Yes. Change general design? Absolutely not.

Look at the art for video "Sleep Sound". I think this applies not only to BG3.

Yeah, I kinda like my Elves the way they are now: tall and slender or athletic gorgeous human-like faces with mid-sized/non-elefant ears. (Edit was for typos)

Last edited by MarcoNeves; 08/07/21 09:59 PM.
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Kowabonga
No new class frown ...
I know that adding this kind of features need time but if they need 6 month of development for each class (without talking about adding race or new party member), I begin to doubt that all promised things can be released in 2022, or even 2023...

No one said that EA will have all classes or all races. In fact, they can develop and add them to another client, but not add them to EA.

In general, this is not a bad patch, but they again show that Shadow is important for the plot, and I don't like to take a second cleric to the party... And the show was wonderful, it was fun!

Only they did say EA will have all the classes, not all the races.

Sorry to anyone else, but this patch was still underwhelming for the amount of time between Patch 4.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
Leave the elves alone! laugh
+ 1 million! The elves are great as they are!

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I agree that there is a new rest mechanic. scares away people like me. people who do not like such difficulties and resource management. I would suggest making it part of the game's difficulty level. at hard level, food is needed to restore health and spells. with less complexity, you can do without food. I understand that this is all just a test. but i'm afraid it might ruin the gameplay in the future.

Last edited by middle tab; 08/07/21 11:42 PM.
U
stranger
stranger
U
Oh for cripes sake. Weeks and weeks of complete radio silence and then this is what they give us? A new die roll mechanic, more micromanaging and some other superfluous fluff? Seriously? What the heck a have they been doing for the last 5 months? Yeah, yeah, I know. Early access, beta testing, be patient, making a game is hard, blahblahblah. I mean, not a single thing listed makes me want to start up the game again. I guess I'll check back in another 5 months. Maybe by then we will be able to *GASP* get to level 5!

It is very underwhelming honestly they added the ability for you to see boosted mechanics which was ok. They added the ability to cast spells on your characters during conversations. They Fluffed up the appearance of the dog with actual fur. They made shadowheart saveable in the prologue so they added a little bit of story content about what you could write probably in a week of sitting on the sofa doing nothing. The camp thing is just flash it doesnt really do that much honestly i liked seeing the base camp evolve over time. Kinda going to miss that now personally moving camp every time is a lil disappointing. I had no idea anyone even wanted that mechanic.

I get people wanted the rest system improved but the way it was changed was more or less just a giant time sync with pickpocketing and makes things far more annoying with farming food items now. Honestly I think that was a horrible implimentation personally. All its going to do is add an hour to my pick pocketing time every time i go anywhere and make me have a pain in my ass with carrying extra food I would rather have just vendored to save time pick pocketing. Time Sync thats it personally think it is a horrible mechanic. Vote 2 thumbs down on the food mechanic. A lot of the stuff people wanted addressed was ignored.

Party Size - Ignored.
Combat Mechanics - Backstab, Mage's casting priest spells, and Weapon swapping ignored. Disengage corrected but honestly the mechanic is take a 5 foot step out of threat and you dont incure an attack of opportunity anyways so its not really relivent to much. Combat mechanics are hard. LMAO. Disarming was added but technically that kind of steals benefits from a class as that was pretty much a mechanic purely available to certain subclasses to that kind of takes away from those subclasses if everyclass can disarm during combat.
Character creation options - Ignored.
Rolling stats - Ignored.
Going above level 4 - ignored.
Day/night Cycles - I do not really see why this is needed but ignored. As it has no impact unless random encounters can happen which are not on the docket currently.
Dye options for gear - Not done.
Body Size adjustments / More voices - Not done.
Barrelmancy has been enhanced now they can throw anything they find on the ground at you like giant rocks.

There might be what 10 items and 10 spells added to the mechanics...Not to sound cynical but oh wow..... A large amount of what was said was completely ignored. No Additional Companions / Races / Classes. The animations I get it do take time. but it feels like the entire thing was a fluff piece. Last time the patch was like we got 1 class not much else I was like. Hey it took 5 months they were doing things to speed up loading time I can understand that. Its early access I get that but when you compare it to other games in same genra and early access what they added was just like an insult almost. It feels like they are stalling for tones and tones of time and giving almost jack squat with the time that they have.

You use to have modders actually releasing mods daily for it now there hasnt even been mods added in like forever and most of the old ones no longer work. The modders were adding more content than larion did. Early access or not I would rather go back to version 3.0 and play with modder generated classes than play the current update. Sadly I had to install the updates currently so most of that stuff is not compatible anymore. The panel was a huge disappointment.

As noted 12 weeks of 2 week updates hey we fixed the discoloration from the pink pixel on Volos shirt. Followed by 2 more months of silence and a hey we are giving you....the ability to add 1 additional letter to your character name coming in patch 6. Not impressed at all. I think I was to nice honestly in my review on steam. Saying wait for full release to get it the early access lacks communication. I should have said check back in 2031 by then the game might actually have level 6. Every other CRPG out there has been showing bg3 up hard core in everything but graphics so yeah.

Every patch and update, no matter how grandiose or benign, is progress. I'm happy to see a new one on the horizon and I look forward to this one and all that follow.

veteran
veteran
Don't knock it til you try it. I mean, yes, still a lot of things we didnt get, but I am excited to try out the new stuff.

By the way, food management is about limiting Long Rest and making food different from potions. That is important to the overall gameplay. At least give it a chance before you all bash the crap out of it.

I am also eager to see what else they've beefed up. They didn't mention everything.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>
Just goes to show you can never please everyone though right?

I mean I probably would sit through a 15min video of patch notes, but honestlyI would rather just read them and this was at least a bit of fun and showed off the main highlights of the patch. I appreciate we feel starved of information, or feel that this taking longer than we would like, but frankly this was a bit of fun and I look forward to the patch notes early next week.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 10:28 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
T
Banned
Banned
T
No Elves are not great they look to human. Anyway that is not going to stop me enjoying the game.

One thing that worries me little is this food harvesting if it requires more food for higher level characters for long rest to get all benefits. I am sure if it becomes to hard they will likely balance it somehow. I get though that rest spamming must somehow be restricted.

I know I was asikng for harder challenge levels introduced then normal. However I did not ask for normal challenge level to be much harder I wonder how food rest will affect that?

Anyway genreally I like the good work with patch 5:)!

Last edited by Terminator2020; 09/07/21 08:10 AM.
T
Banned
Banned
T
I<Redacted>
You misheard. He clearly said you will notice as you levelup the cost for rest will increase. It is not tied to how many in the group only.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 10:29 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
addict
addict
<Redacted>
Well as you level up and meet new people the camp does become more elaborate and so it requires more upkeep. WIll be interesting to play around with this. I actually quite like the idea, proof will be in the pudding as to whether it becomes a frustration though, I mean I have seen this happen in other games whereby you end it up in a never ending loop of doom because you can't heal and thus can't get to anywhere where you can get the resources needed to... yep, heal (or relearn spells etc...). I think even in BG1&2 this was an issue of needing to rest en route because of an encounter, then getting ambushed and so on.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 10:30 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
T
Banned
Banned
T
<Redacted>
Yes but logic was here when you levelup also your level up and require more food. I hope they make so we can buy lots of food.
Even if you are solo (if you try play solo no companions) the needed food is increased if you levelup.

Logic? Do not ask me of logic. Why would food heal people? It is not a realistic game and it is a fantasy game.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 10:31 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
addict
addict
Because....food does heal people? Like.... If you're hurt you recover faster if you eat lol.
Obviously a pizza won't close that open wound on your arm from a goblin arrow but you get the idea :P

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
veteran
veteran
I dont really understand the people who feel the urge to come here, just to tell us that they will not play patch 5 since there is "not enough content added" ... well, then dont ... i believe rest of us will somehow manage to enjoy the game anyway. laugh

Originally Posted by virion
Because....food does heal people? Like.... If you're hurt you recover faster if you eat lol.
Obviously a pizza won't close that open wound on your arm from a goblin arrow but you get the idea :P
Actualy it does ... :P :P :P
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 09/07/21 11:16 AM.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by virion
Naah if I wake up in hospital after car accident... my first comments:
Me: Nurse get me food!
Nurse: You will get food soon not yet do you want water?
Me: Naah lots of food and I can rise from this hospital bed today!
Nurse: What?!
Me: I know you see I have played Baldurs Gate 3 laugh.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 09/07/21 11:20 AM.
veteran
veteran
Fun fact: in reality it turns out that fasting (aka "limited controlled starvation") seems to be better for "healing" your body than the alternatives.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard