Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 45 1 2 42 43 44 45
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Naerytar
Think of it like this: Would you rather have them walking in the right direction or running in the wrong one?

To me Patch 5 looks great as it is.

running or walking was not my concern at all, TBH.
The good direction is what matter and patch 5 gives a lots of hope !

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
And he even mentioned that reactions are not coming this patch but will be worked on. Most of this patch is really good in that it does address some of the big criticisms.

That said, I'll need to see the full patchnotes when they drop because otherwise it might be a bit underwhelming despite everything he mentioned being good.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 08/07/21 08:26 PM.
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
And he even mentioned that reactions are not coming this patch but will be worked on. Most of this patch is really good in that it does address some of the big criticisms.

That said, I'll need to see the full patchnotes when they drop because otherwise it might be a bit underwhelming despite everything he mentioned being good.

Meh. If they could do all of this in this patch, they could have removed or adjusted the high ground and backstab advantage thing.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by gaymer

Meh. If they could do all of this in this patch, they could have removed or adjusted the high ground and backstab advantage thing.

We don't have the true patch notes. They might have adjusted that, we don't know.

old hand
old hand
We don't have the true patch notes. They might have adjusted that, we don't know.

Yeah. Some people such as those running fextralife are hinting that there's quite a bit more combat changes that Larian did not talk about in the presentation and previews. Although I think something as major as changes to how height works would have been mentioned in the community update too. Hmm.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 09/07/21 02:18 AM.
M
M
I'm impressed because during the QA parts of the stream Swen hinted that a lot of overhaul is coming: UI overhaul, inventory overhaul, reactions extension etc. He even confirmed again that multiclassing and difficulty options to come at a later stage of development and they might change their thinking about adding level 5 to EA if many people demand.
Patch 5 already contains a lot of frequently requested stuff but the above sounds even better for the future.

G
addict
addict
G
Coming up fast on 90 days. Let's see what news we can get.

Another smoke-and-mirrors PFH?

I could really do with patch 6 now wink
I need something to play!

veteran
veteran
Oh my god this topic is still here. It's like a time capsule

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
It has some gems in it tho. Lol

veteran
veteran
Ho yea I'm really waiting a new patch now !

60 days since patch 5. I think we'll have to wait 4 more weeks.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
G
addict
addict
G
Going on 5 months.

addict
addict
Lets spice up this thread!
Larian's <Early Access> should be recalled : ?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Why on Earth?

veteran
veteran

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
Give me ONE other early access game this decade that was not even UPDATED in nearly 5 months and not PATCHED in over 2 months. I mean common. The build we have is that perfect?!
In my games library Ive got currently in early DEV/access :

Song of Conquest. Weekly updates.
Space Haven. Weekly/Monthly updates.
Universe Sandbox. Weekly updates.

I could list dozens more with the same result.
For similar style game, Pathfinder WotR had weekly patches with monthly updates. Same with Solasta.

Was this the same for DOS2 during EA? Patches every 2 months plus??

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 26/06/22 01:02 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Give me ONE other early access game this decade that was not even UPDATED in nearly 5 months and not PATCHED in over 2 months. I mean common. The build we have is that perfect?!

For similar style game, Pathfinder WotR had weekly patches with monthly updates. Same with Solasta.

DOS2 had a well-documented early access process. I believe you will find all the relevant information online if you are truly curious.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist

Haven't checked those you mentioned but are those EA expanding ie "you get what you see" or do they follow Larians model ie "This portion that you can play tells nothing of what you'll get"?

Reason I ask is that for example Valheim get lot of small patches with bugfixes and have a long time between major updates because whenever a new big patch comes, the content is pretty much set to be in the end game, we're just available to play them now with bugs. As for Larians model that can, and probably will change between now and release where now available content might even get cut, it's less important to prioritize minor bugs with weekly patches.

stranger
stranger
Larian please.... something.... anything....

addict
addict
Originally Posted by MDEvult
Larian please.... something.... anything....
Would you be interested in sporadic fan art and DOS2 updates? If so, Larian’s twitter page has you covered.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
Page 44 of 45 1 2 42 43 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard